Started by Thatguy2068, Apr 04, 2024, 12:19:30 AM

How do you feel about sexual themes in Alien franchise

I would like it no matter what
Depends on how it done
No Opinion
Prefer it be not in the movie
I would despise it
Author
How do you feel about sexual themes in Alien franchise (Read 2,073 times)

426Buddy

Dodged a bullet with theory then

E. Shaw

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 05, 2024, 03:18:27 PMDodged a bullet with theory then

But theory has theo in it which means god. :D

The Cruentus

Depends on how its done, the life-cycle is horrifying for both the terror of it and the themes of it essentially violating the host. I think one of the crew members of the first film, maybe Dan o'Bannon? said they wanted to make the audience uncomfortable, especially men I think.

SiL

He was the writer and yes. They specifically chose a male victim for the chest bursting to make men squirm.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: E. Shaw on Apr 05, 2024, 04:02:27 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 04, 2024, 11:59:57 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 04, 2024, 11:47:43 PMThe Engineers sending out a coded message embedded with plans/blueprints that result in a bioweapon a la Sil is something that feels incredibly reasonable, in a headcanon/fan fiction sort of way, while watching Species.

That's why I wasn't so opposed to the idea of the "Woman in the Dark" in the firsr arc of the Marvel comics (provided it stays a comic concept, that is), though the comic not doing anything interesting/of note with it (which was on par for the quality of the comic on the whole) deterred me from keeping up with it long term.

That comic concept is interesting 8)

Perhaps it is the source of the Black Goo, or an Engineer-Alien hybrid DNA sequence made with black goo...which like a swarm of black scarabacks-like nano-machines dematerialized a living hybrid at a molecular level to create a DNA based on that life-form.

There is always sexual parasitism as part of the life cycle.

The Dark Woman I hope ends up making an appearance in the Alien Series. :)
I hope not. I feel like that's something that should stay in the comics.. a very piss poor comic in fact. Not a fan of the idea.

E. Shaw

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Apr 06, 2024, 08:53:52 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 04, 2024, 11:47:43 PMThe Engineers sending out a coded message embedded with plans/blueprints that result in a bioweapon a la Sil is something that feels incredibly reasonable, in a headcanon/fan fiction sort of way, while watching Species.

That's why I wasn't so opposed to the idea of the "Woman in the Dark" in the firsr arc of the Marvel comics (provided it stays a comic concept, that is), though the comic not doing anything interesting/of note with it (which was on par for the quality of the comic on the whole) deterred me from keeping up with it long term.

Perhaps it is the source of the Black Goo, or an Engineer-Alien hybrid DNA sequence made with black goo...which like a swarm of black scarabacks-like nano-machines dematerialized a living hybrid at a molecular level to create a DNA based on that life-form.

I hope not. I feel like that's something that should stay in the comics.. a very piss poor comic in fact. Not a fan of the idea.

I think it could be done well if explained that The Dark Woman is from a strain from The Engineer Virus, that black goo effected her differently.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: E. Shaw on Apr 06, 2024, 05:46:52 PM

I think it could be done well if explained that The Dark Woman is from a strain from The Engineer Virus, that black goo effected her differently.

I second! 😅

Local Trouble

You know, if we get really lucky, the Dark Woman might become the new face of the franchise.  Wouldn't that be cool?

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: E. Shaw on Apr 06, 2024, 05:46:52 PM

That sounds
Spoiler
awful
[close]

In all seriousness, the black goo also belongs in the comics and should never come out of there. Of course, I say that now and we have
Spoiler
Romulus coming out.
[close]

As for the Dark Woman.. make her look more "alien" at least because this sort of Borg Queen representation really bugs me.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 06, 2024, 06:07:46 PMYou know, if we get really lucky, the Dark Woman might become the new face of the franchise.  Wouldn't that be cool?
No. It would not be cool at all. It would be terrible to replace the most iconic alien the Xenomorph aka Giger Son for a new creation that was first introduced on in a comic that was mostly traced off of other products.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 06, 2024, 06:07:46 PMYou know, if we get really lucky, the Dark Woman might become the new face of the franchise.  Wouldn't that be cool?
I might just cry.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

I'd prefer it be like Master Chief and Cortana, The Xenomorph being Chief and The Dark Woman like Cortana.

Local Trouble

That would be fantastic!  The Dark Woman would then become inseparable from the Big Chap in the minds of the fans!

BigDaddyJohn

This conversation have a serious lack of David in it.

BlueMarsalis79

I will kill you all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed