Alien returning to theaters starting April 26th!

Started by MudButt, Apr 03, 2024, 04:02:00 PM

Author
Alien returning to theaters starting April 26th! (Read 5,113 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: ASH1977 on Apr 04, 2024, 08:14:17 PMDef need to get a copy of that poster in print to frame and hang.

Aye, would love if they handed them out at the theater. They do that sometimes over here...

Also, hurry up and put the tickets for sale so I can buy mine!

E. Shaw

I so want to see it in theaters, but alas no theater near me is playing it. :(

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: El Diablo on Apr 04, 2024, 10:33:15 AMI'm betting they'll have some new ROMULUS footage to screen with this event. Otherwise I don't think we'll get a full trailer until June or July.

Probably quite likely! If that's the case, hopefully we'll see some re-release worldwide too.

Corporal Hicks

https://www.facebook.com/haydenorpheumpicturepalace/posts/pfbid0wQJh6Az4fPykAuJMFxeoNRr6gNuxsLbe9u4evaDQWVn7gQzuGm2o4iXkETpQnexVl

Sneak peek confirmed.

QuoteThe Orpheum's special 45th anniversary screening will feature the 4K Digital Restoration and a special sneak peak extended clip of the new film ALIEN: ROMULUS (releasing in August).

BigDaddyJohn

That's really good. Can't wait.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 05, 2024, 03:13:35 PMhttps://www.facebook.com/haydenorpheumpicturepalace/posts/pfbid0wQJh6Az4fPykAuJMFxeoNRr6gNuxsLbe9u4evaDQWVn7gQzuGm2o4iXkETpQnexVl

Sneak peek confirmed.

QuoteThe Orpheum's special 45th anniversary screening will feature the 4K Digital Restoration and a special sneak peak extended clip of the new film ALIEN: ROMULUS (releasing in August).

Excellent. 8)

Eric sanders

Eric sanders

Alien is one of my favorite sci-fi movie ever wow 45th anniversary so then sequel of the franchise i Can wait for the second trailer of alien Romulus  the countdown of the alien saga continued  and i hope Ellen Ripley will come back to the fight against the xenomorph alien and save the galaxy

E. Shaw

Would be dope if someone arrives in full Xeno Chappie suite to watch the film. :D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 05, 2024, 03:13:35 PMhttps://www.facebook.com/haydenorpheumpicturepalace/posts/pfbid0wQJh6Az4fPykAuJMFxeoNRr6gNuxsLbe9u4evaDQWVn7gQzuGm2o4iXkETpQnexVl

Sneak peek confirmed.

Just for clarification, this is worldwide? Not just for the Aussie anniversary screenings?

I guess we're getting the extended Romulus clip for Alien day then?

Would be a bad idea to release it in cinemas exclusively, otherwise you end up with dozens of iffy phone recorded bootlegs on the internet.

XENOMORPHOSIS

So I perhaps have been looking in the wrong places but were there select places that held screenings for AlienĀ³ for it's 30th anniversary back in 2022, I'm aware that the film and Alien4Resurrection weren't as as popular as Alien and AlienS so that may have affected that decision, also seeing how stingy Disney can be because they supposedly denied permission for a certain cinema to show Alien.

I remember the director Stephen Hopkins in an interview with AVP Galaxy said there was consideration to have a 30th anniversary showing of Predator 2 but cancelled when unsatisfied with The Predator 2018 reception, 😑 that really grinds my gears.

Perhaps IF they decide to give the upcoming Prey's sequel and BadLands the theatrical treatment they may give Predator2 a much needed re-release, I would absolutely love a marathon cinema extravaganza of these movies, even when the instalments are a mixed bag I love the Alien and Predator Legacy. 😊

El Diablo

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Apr 07, 2024, 11:01:02 PMSo I perhaps have been looking in the wrong places but were there select places that held screenings for AlienĀ³ for it's 30th anniversary back in 2022, I'm aware that the film and Alien4Resurrection weren't as as popular as Alien and AlienS so that may have affected that decision, also seeing how stingy Disney can be because they supposedly denied permission for a certain cinema to show Alien.

Depending on where you live there are usually independent theater chains and revival houses that will be granted the license to screen certain films. Here in Los Angeles they screen the various ALIEN sequels every few years or so. There was a big marathon planned by a company called Nostalgic Nebula to screen the original four films on Memorial Day weekend but Disney pulled the license when they announced the re-release of ALIEN for April 26th. Kevin Smith mentioned that Warner Bros. had done the same for the early BATMAN films around the time of the THE FLASH being released in theaters.

ASH1977

I'm in Florida. It hasn't shown up yet at my local Regal Cinema, though it is showing on Fandango.

Cosmic Incubation

I keep checking for screenings at AMC here (Texas).
I see a listing online but no option to get a ticket yet.

Nightmare Asylum

Rhode Island here. It's on my theater's coming soon page with an April 26th release date, but no showtimes listed or tickets for sale yet.

Cougerboy

Come to think, I have never actually seen "Alien" on the big screen. It was, first some VCR tape, then a DVD and later blu-ray. But never on a proper theater screen. I would like to experience the "cinematic" Alien on the biggest screen available...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed