One more Scott prequel, AVP 3, Blomkamp film, sequel to Resurrection or Reboot?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Aug 03, 2017, 05:44:56 PM

Where would you like the Alien series to go next?

One more Ridley Scott prequel
Alien vs. Predator 3
Blomkamp's retconned pseudo-sequel with Ripley and Hicks
Sequel to Alien Resurrection with Ripley 8
Reboot the whole series and start from scratch
Soft reboot, set within existing continuity but new characters
Author
One more Scott prequel, AVP 3, Blomkamp film, sequel to Resurrection or Reboot? (Read 36,211 times)

windebieste

I learned a valuable lesson a long time ago - if you want something done, ask a busy man.

-Windebieste.

The Kurgan

He also is not getting any younger.
I hope the whole do or do not is done by the time he is free so he can go to work on his final prequel without much delay.

windebieste

Even if he doesn't direct himself, Scott Free will produce. 

-Windebieste.

Kradan

On one hand, ending of Covenant really made me wanting to see conclusion of story.

But on another we can get another narrative and tone changing. I liked how it changed from Prometheus to Alien Covenant. But i'd like to see direct sequel to Covenant not another prequel that doesn't conect itself with previous one very well.

0321recon

Seeing that he's working left and right. Producing x and y projects. It wouldn't be far fetched that for the final film that good ol' Riddles sticks as producer and gives the film to someone else who is able to direct large epic sequences and also able to deliver some character drama and horror....someone like Alex Garland....just floating the idea into the ether.

maron

Yeah!
More deleted scenes which were actually important to the complete picture. More open questions. More Robots. More Giants in elve robes. More aliens who look different to the original. More undeveloped characters. More fancy panorama.

BRING IT ON!

::)

The Old One

The Old One

Or Denis Villeneuve.

P-Rock

I don't want Villeneuve anywhere near an Alien movie.

The Old One

The Old One

A three-hour Alien epic prequel conclusion, who directs?

P-Rock

Michael Bay

The Old One

The Old One

:D Denis Villeneuve myself, considering Blade Runner.

or my list. lol

Kradan

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 24, 2019, 02:24:45 AM
A three-hour Alien epic prequel conclusion, who directs?

3 hours? I highly doubt this.

CainsSon

CainsSon

I chose the final RS Prequel, just in an effort to end the plague of loose ends burying this franchise.

In truth, I believe what will save this franchise is multiple directions at once. They almost saved it when we had Blomkamp and the Prometheus sequel, but they hesitated and eff'd up. Disney is likely in a better position to do this than FOX was without them. So there's some hope IMO.

I think they should do this:

1. Greenlight 2 Films - the final RS Prequel or Blomkamp's story and either Alien Isolation or Hadley's Hope story
2. TV Series than begins with the Hadley's Hope story or Alien Isoloation and make sure it continues into new territory and it tells WY side of things in between the films to some extent.
3. AVP Animated series, that does not link to anything theatrical, except maybe the AVP films, and in doing so, excises them from the Alien theatrical canon.

They should also make a point to delete A:R from the canon altogether, even though I do enjoy it.

The timeline is so messed up that I think if you want to fix it and have to choose 1 option, a series is the best case scenario.

Kane's other son

I hope Ridley Scott gets a chance to finish his story.

Huggs

Quote from: Kane's other son on Mar 24, 2019, 06:37:35 PM
I hope Ridley Scott gets a chance to finish his story.

Might as well, we're 2 movies in already. But the next one needs to wrap it up, and you know, be good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed