The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 237,492 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 15, 2015, 03:08:32 AM
Now that the AVP: Fire and Stone series has finished up I can see what you mean.  I respect Prometheus's story by itself but I still don't think it needs to be the Alien franchise's backyard; this is especially true considering that the series is aimed more toward the casual audience than the die-hard Alien fans.

Are you at that point where you just don't care what they do with the franchises anymore? I mean I used to be passionate about Alien-Predator but with the new releases coming on.. I'm just not feeling it anymore.

predxeno

I'm ever the optimist, I still have some faith left in the series, if not the fandom.  Prometheus might be the exception to that though. :-\

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 15, 2015, 03:42:44 AM
I'm ever the optimist, I still have some faith left in the series, if not the fandom.  Prometheus might be the exception to that though. :-\

The only thing left I have faith in is Shane's movie. After PREDATORS, I just was pushed away from it.. And with the EU pretty much being rebooted, introducing comics to accommodate Prometheus (which Predator and AvP should have nothing to do with) while also keeping Roddy's movie in mind.. and the fact we've a crossover with Archie.. I'm really not feeling the new stuff.

All I have left is Shane's movie to look forward to, and the NECA Toys. I just hope Shane's movie doesn't end up leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

Russ

I'm sure he'll do a good job. I just wonder what the balls vs cost ratio is in Fox at the moment - I wonder if it'll be PG-13 or 15 (I think Predators was 15?). We all hope that it'll be a grown up movie, but that's my one concern.

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 14, 2015, 09:52:04 AM
QuoteDrawing to the end of Predator: INCURSION, the first of the Rage War Trilogy for Titan. It's been fun! I now have to go and destroy a spaceship.

Tim Lebbon just posted this on Facebook.

Suspects a release at the end of 2015. Is checking.

I can't wait to hear more about this new trilogy. Assuming it does follow on from Sea of Sorrows, it will be cool to see what Lebbon does with the far future of the franchise.

happypred

I hope Lebbon's predators are as good as Vandermeer's

How well does he handle xenomorphs?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Jan 16, 2015, 02:55:00 AM

I just hope he doesn't introduce something lame like.. Predators partaking in a slave-trade, Predators following a monarch society when they are clan based with ruling heads of their own which the films suggest, or Predators being creations of Engineers (which thankfully so far, FaS has left alone to be unanswered).

Ultramorph

I strongly suspect that Rage War will have even less Prometheus influence than the current Titan trilogy. I think the dog-alien aspect will be at the forefront.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 16, 2015, 04:17:52 AM
I strongly suspect that Rage War will have even less Prometheus influence than the current Titan trilogy. I think the dog-alien aspect will be at the forefront.

I would like for the Rage War to get away from Prometheus. Especially considering that it all leads up to an AvP title.

I may not have read Fire and Stone, but I think a lot of people out there are saying that generally speaking.. AvP and Prometheus just do not mix.

happypred

Hilarious if "Rage War" ends up making a bunch of people rage quit the franchise

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 16, 2015, 04:17:52 AM

I really hope so. I really want to see them explored. It really winds me up when elements like this get introduced and never explored.

Quote from: happypred on Jan 16, 2015, 02:55:00 AM

As do I. The best representation of the Predators IMHO.

How well does he handle xenomorphs?

Very well. They were very intelligent - very raptor-ish in their portrayal.

I'm quite confident in Tim.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 16, 2015, 04:58:45 AM
I may not have read Fire and Stone, but I think a lot of people out there are saying that generally speaking.. AvP and Prometheus just do not mix.

It's not that it doesn't mix - they're not really trying to. It's just not an AvP story, despite the title.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Jan 16, 2015, 09:07:19 AM
Hilarious if "Rage War" ends up making a bunch of people rage quit the franchise

I am close to that. I just hope Shane's movie can reverse that.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

From yesterday:

QuoteLove getting towards the end of writing a novel, because I'm always excited to find out what happens! 3,500 words today on Predator: Incursion, and I'll be typing THE END tomorrow.

Quote'THE END'. Time for a run.

Ultramorph

Nice. I wonder when Titan will release some kind of official announcement. Looking forward to seeing what Lebbon does with the trilogy. I like that he's writing the whole thing.

HuDaFuK

I wonder if the reprint of Resurrection might give a release date in the inevitable preview at the back.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed