The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 324,354 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

It seems more and more like the positive reviews are multiple pages where as the negative ones are quite short, makes me wonder how many of them wrote this game off from the start.

dude63

dude63

Roll on GT and giant bomb!!!!!!!!! DO IT!!! Its kinda upsetting that the gt review isn't up yet. I mean I hope they don't delay it a month like they dod with their stalker reviews (lmao then they bash stalker cause its hard...)

Rated-rsuperstar

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 18, 2010, 12:29:57 AM
1UP Score: D

Another craptacular review. Surprisingly, he doesn't complain about the controls, just everything else. The amount of hate this game is getting is ridiculous.

afrocat

afrocat

Eh ignore it. It's just a opinion.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Boooboo. Who cares really since I enjoy the game a lot, and I'm almost enjoy it more then Halo 3.

afrocat

afrocat

I was in awe of halo 3s multi at first. But then it kinda wore off. I hope avp does not.

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Feb 18, 2010, 06:47:47 AM

Boooboo. Who cares really since I enjoy the game a lot, and I'm almost enjoy it more then Halo 3.

Fair play to him for ripping into the online modes for being fun and something to pass the time. Why the hell else do you play video games if it's not to have fun and pass the time!!!!!!

And fancie a mode where all you do is shoot at aliens... i mean of all the stupid things to buy a game for!!

This bloke likes MAG as well. All his blogs are about MAG. I'll review mag for him......

ANOTHER standerd fair, sub-par shooter with the worst graphs i've seen in ages. ALL you can do is go online and waist your time shooting people for no reason. Shoot, death, blood, repeat.

There i was thinking video games are real life... if your a high rank on mag or cod or BBC then you could join the army because you THAT GOOD at fireing real guns.

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 17, 2010, 09:05:20 PM
Quote from: Puks on Feb 17, 2010, 08:50:01 PM
Which category do I fit in?

The 'we-get-it-you-don't-like-the-game-but-surely-you-can-allow-us-to-enjoy-it' category?

:D ;D :D ;D

RobMetalCheese

You should add 7+/10 from CD-Action (Polish PC games mag). Kinda low, but they didn't get the chance to play the full multiplayer.

Bug Hunt

Bug Hunt

1UP dont know ****!

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

Quote from: Corporal Wilks on Feb 18, 2010, 10:47:49 AM
1UP dont know ****!

1up is the review i really do have most problem with. It's worse than game informa!!!

People forget it's a GAME!!

Bug Hunt

Bug Hunt

Quote from: LogansFolly on Feb 18, 2010, 10:50:28 AM
Quote from: Corporal Wilks on Feb 18, 2010, 10:47:49 AM
1UP dont know ****!

1up is the review i really do have most problem with. It's worse than game informa!!!

People forget it's a GAME!!

That kind of score they gave is reserved for games so bad that you get bored after two minutes. I still play the demo and love it when its only one map lol.

Empire review by the way: 4/5
http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/reviewcomplete.asp?GID=671

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

REMEMBER:

1 Review = 1 person's opinion. Nothing more...

Puks

Puks

QuoteIf there was ever a game deserving of the last movie's title -- Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem -- it's this one.

Lol, owned.  :D

hardwired

hardwired

75% from 4players.de.

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/dispbericht_fazit/Allgemein/Test/Fazit_Wertung/Allgemein/15193/67273/Aliens_vs_Predator.html

Its a german site, so the review will not be online for long.
Its good, cause they dont donate scores. The only thing thats a bit suspect is, that all plattforms got 75%. Normally there are a few points more or less, depending on the plattform.
It got significant flaws. Its overall good, but it could be better. Fits my impressions.

I believe and hope, that the very bad reviews are mostly based on the consoleversions or reviewers suffering from typicall consoleshooters [halo/cod].
If you look at metacritic it seems so.
Would be funny, cause it primary was developt for consoles.  ;D

Overall the personal taste is pretty important for this game, i think and you got to be a bit openminded.

I train my english and "try" to translate the pro/contra-list

Pro
solide Grafik - solid grapics
grandiose Soundeffekte - great soundeffects
Gänsehaut erregende Grusel-Atmosphäre - creepy atmosphere
präzise Steuerung - accurate controls
größtenteils unterhaltsame Mehrspielermodi - mostly entertaining multiplayermods
drei spielbare, sehr unterschiedliche Rassen - three really different playable races
spaßiger Survival-Modus - entertaining survival-mode

Sonstiges [les important]
teilweise sehr brutal - in some aspects really brutal
solide englische Sprachausgabe  - soild english synchro
spärlicher, gezielter Einsatz von Musik -

Kontra
gelegentliches Ruckeln - sometimes it doesnt run smooth
schwache KI - weak AI
eingeschränkte Bewegung beim Marine - Rines are limited in movement (im happy, less arcady ;D)
unerwünschter Waffentausch beim Reload - unpleasent weaponschange by reloading
wenige, immergleiche Finishing Moves - repetitive finishing moves
schwache Alien- Kampagne -  weak aliencampaign

Sonstiges [less important]
teilweise sehr brutal - in some aspects really brutal
zum Teil irre dunkel - sometimes too insanely dark
wenige Mehrspielerkarten - just a few multimaps
gewöhnungsbedürftige Alien- Steuerung - you have to get used to the aliencontrols
teilweise fummelige Sprungsteuerung (Predator) - jumpmechanic of predators are a bit clumsy
belanglose Headbite- Animationen (Alien) - head doesnt have any usefull effect
bescheuert: knopfbeißende Aliens - thats something i dont understand, even in german

"crackbrained buttonbiting aliens"

I like this sentence:

"Marines sind ihrer militärischen Ausbildung zum Trotz unfähig in Deckung zu gehen oder über Kimme und Korn zu zielen"

In deffiance of their military training, marines are unable to get in cover [crouch would be enough, i think and he probably think of that too] or aim with ironsight.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed