The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 324,329 times)

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Jan 30, 2010, 05:00:05 AM
I don't believe for one second that Rebellion couldn't fit them on the disk.
There just trying to make some extra money fast.

except for the fact that they couldn't...

ikarop

ikarop

The amount of maps is pretty reasonable considering other games. Besides you just can't take out the survivor maps like that as it's still part of the multiplayer experience. Probably the best one.

Gamespy just posted their multiplayer preview.

affinity

affinity

it's funny how gamespy loosely uses the word "massive" to describe the maps, when Rebellion said the maps were designed to be made for medium to close quarters encounters, it can't be massive if they want players to run into each other often.   Then again this does support 18 players, so the maps can be really big, just filled with enough corners to prevent people from sniping people on the other side of the map.

Stalker

Stalker

A lot of the more recent previews I've read have had complaints about the graphics. Why? Everything about the visuals looks fantastic to me, the great looking character models & authentic recreation of the movies is stunning. One of the most highly detailed games I've seen in a long time, so it makes little sense to me why so many previews are finding fault with the graphics.

xboxgamer4life

for me the graphic are only a little bit better then average. they would be top of the line if it was 2008. but i dont really care about graphics very much.

affinity

affinity

people standards become too high.   graphics are more often underrated than they are overrated these days.

ViolentTMAC

ViolentTMAC

The graphics are incredible! Some of the best i have seen!

Brother

Brother

Standard + DLC = 8 _dm maps. Something smells...

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Wow wow !! .. Source Bro' ?.

Brother

Brother

Haven't you been reading?

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Beg your pardon. I've got a situation in RL so unfortunately I have had not enough time to.

Brother

Brother

Six of the standard and two of the DLC maps are for DM, TDM etc. That is eight.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Thanks. Cya.

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: Brother on Jan 30, 2010, 09:27:07 AM
Standard + DLC = 8 _dm maps. Something smells...

Agreeing with you on that one.
But that's a start. Depending on what comes next (free DLC, we can only hope) it could be enough for starters. It will really depend on how good/unique are the default maps.
Uncharted 2 : Among Thieves had less maps than this when it came out and it didn't make it less enjoyable. Since then, Naughty Dog has been releasing free additionnal maps on a regular basis.
We can only hope Rebellion considers doing the same.

Dusk

Dusk

I have to admit, right now the small amount of maps isn't bothering me. I'll probably spend most of my time in the shifting Pyramid anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed