The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 324,352 times)

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: Remonster on Jan 25, 2010, 07:55:25 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Jan 25, 2010, 04:53:29 PM
Just for you, GrimyGhost  :):

Thats the human character we play as right Ikarop? If so, awesome, because he looks badass!
Looks generic to me!

WeaN

WeaN

Generic is good for immersion.
I have more trouble to relate to a female character (since I'm male), for instance.

ikarop

ikarop

It has been mentioned already (around August) but today, Steam has announced their support for AvP.

Two highly anticipated titles from SEGA, Aliens vs. Predator and Napoleon: Total War will ship with Steamworks support at retail and online, including among other features, Achievements, Matchmaking, Leaderboards, Stats, and Cloud. Aliens vs. Predator will ship on Steam and at retail in mid-February. Napoleon: Total War will ship on Steam and at retail in late February.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3367/

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 88Chaz88 on Jan 25, 2010, 12:40:12 PM
Then perhaps handling it with a little more respect than...

We call them straight and simple. Ikarop isn't wrong. In the best interest of our community, people need to be aware that it is mis-information and not an isolated incident (there wont be a PredAlien in the game for example) and I don't want people going around believing the wrong information.

Giger_Incubator

Is rebellion using their site to throw out misinformation?

88Chaz88

88Chaz88

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2010, 07:49:52 AM
We call them straight and simple. Ikarop isn't wrong. In the best interest of our community, people need to be aware that it is mis-information and not an isolated incident (there wont be a PredAlien in the game for example) and I don't want people going around believing the wrong information.
Until the game is out none of us know for sure, so making it out that either of us are wrong is a bold statement whether or not you want to handle the statement with the verbal finesse of a baboon with downs syndrome.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

When the information that he is, and we are, reporting on has come directly and repeatedly from the developers or PR representatives of those developing the game, it is perfectly within his or anyones else's ability and right to accurately call out and dispute misinformation.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 88Chaz88 on Jan 26, 2010, 09:59:01 AM
Until the game is out none of us know for sure, so making it out that either of us are wrong is a bold statement whether or not you want to handle the statement with the verbal finesse of a baboon with downs syndrome.

The information about there being no movie based characters in the game came directly from our interview. Which I quoted. The PredAlien is in a screenshot released by that foreign site...you know, the one who released almost a 100 pictures from the very same build we played.  ;)

And as said above, all our information comes directly from the developers and PR so if you don't like us disputing the accuracy of your reports, research your articles better before you release them.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

It is a generic character. The only "badass" thing about them, is that they're making an angry face, just like most other human beings can. :)

With that said, I really sort of wish those faces were a bit further apart. The Alien's beautifully done, but I can't make an icon out of it, because the human's face would get cropped in.

88Chaz88

88Chaz88

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2010, 10:10:55 AM
The information about there being no movie based characters in the game came directly from our interview. Which I quoted. The PredAlien is in a screenshot released by that foreign site...you know, the one who released almost a 100 pictures from the very same build we played.  ;)

And as said above, all our information comes directly from the developers and PR so if you don't like us disputing the accuracy of your reports, research your articles better before you release them.
I wasn't arguing about you disputing them. Anyway when have we ever said there'll be a PredAlien? We were specifically told there wasn't.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: 88Chaz88 on Jan 26, 2010, 10:52:08 AM
Anyway when have we ever said there'll be a PredAlien? We were specifically told there wasn't.

The PredAlien is in a screenshot released by that foreign site...you know, the one who released almost a 100 pictures from the very same build we played.  ;)

I believe that was the the problem.

Drewid

Drewid

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 26, 2010, 10:58:31 AM
Quote from: 88Chaz88 on Jan 26, 2010, 10:52:08 AM
Anyway when have we ever said there'll be a PredAlien? We were specifically told there wasn't.

The PredAlien is in a screenshot released by that foreign site...you know, the one who released almost a 100 pictures from the very same build we played.  ;)

I suspect miscommunication rather than misinformation.   

88Chaz88

88Chaz88

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 26, 2010, 10:58:31 AM

Okay, well that has nothing to do with us.

Oh and your message system needs updating, it should pop-up on screen if you have a message. Makes it much better for giving out warnings.  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 88Chaz88 on Jan 26, 2010, 11:03:45 AM
Okay, well that has nothing to do with us.

You still supplied it. You should have confirmed it. Trophy list, screenshots and our information contradict that.

QuoteOh and your message system needs updating, it should pop-up on screen if you have a message. Makes it much better for giving out warnings.  ;)

Oh, I definitely agree. I'll suggest it to boss, there may be an add-on. Thanks for the suggestion.

I was only being straight forward with what I put. I don't go out of my way to be hostile, I go out of my way to ensure everyone is correctly informed.

88Chaz88

88Chaz88

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2010, 11:13:32 AM
You still supplied it. You should have confirmed it. Trophy list, screenshots and our information contradict that.

It was probably in community news. That can get posted by any member and discussed but is not condoned by us. Maybe we ought to make that clearer.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2010, 11:13:32 AMOh, I definitely agree. I'll suggest it to boss, there may be an add-on. Thanks for the suggestion.

I was only being straight forward with what I put. I don't go out of my way to be hostile, I go out of my way to ensure everyone is correctly informed.

I guess you deserve a couple of shots as I inadvertantly mentioned you "can't shoot for shit" a while ago...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed