Uncut dvd changes the premise of the entire movie?

Started by MajorDutch, Apr 20, 2008, 08:38:24 AM

Author
Uncut dvd changes the premise of the entire movie? (Read 1,013 times)

MajorDutch

A couple of things I wanted to discuss about....tell me what you guys think.

I didn't see the movie in theaters, but saw the leaked five minute clip online, and in it, Wolf sees what happened in the ship when he receives the distress signal at home.  However, in the DVD, he only sees that the ship crashed, and it isn't until he lands on earth and puts on the other predators mask, that he sees that he's dealing with a predalien.

So in the theater cut, he is this badass Predator who comes to earth to hunt this super alien, but in the dvd, he's just a cleaner, here to clean up the mess and get rid of the evidence, and it's on earth that he realizes what he's up against.

Also, in the dvd they showed that a hunting ship takes off from the mother ship, and the Strauss brothers actually comment that they had a longer version still, one that shows the predators loading the hunting ship with facehuggers at a loading dock, but it was too long.  This makes sense, because if indeed in the theater cut there is no such scene, it's assumed the big mothership crashed, and the question on everybodys mind was "where the hell are all the predators???!!!  How can one predalien kill all 100 or so of them (In AVP, you see that there are many many of them)

Also, in another thread I saw guys discussing about the dinosaur skulls in the trophy room and how it's not a space jockey, actually, there is one and Strauss makes mention of this.

SiL

With the whole "Not a jockey" bit, we know the Bros said it is - It just has way more differences than similarities.

Blaz

Quote from: MajorDutch on Apr 20, 2008, 08:38:24 AM
Strauss brothers actually comment that they had a longer version still, one that shows the predators loading the hunting ship with facehuggers at a loading dock, but it was too long.

Was this really said? I thought it was merely implied by the artwork we saw?

Porkus Maximus

QuoteThis makes sense, because if indeed in the theater cut there is no such scene, it's assumed the big mothership crashed *snip*

Well yes and no, because the ship that crashes looks significantly different to the mother ship.  It is pretty badly edited in the theatrical but that much should still be clear.

Zero

Most of what you mentioned is extra scenes

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed