[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 152,869 times)

AnthaiHero

Okay, one thing that really bothered me was the design of the fingers and hands during the scene Feral is attending to his wounds. It reminded me of the hot dog fingers from Everything Everywhere All At Once.

Local Trouble

Maybe I missed, but did the mask supply this Predator with breathing gases?  Or has that been totally forgotten/retconned?

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 06, 2022, 05:37:25 AMMaybe I missed, but did the mask supply this Predator with breathing gases?  Or has that been totally forgotten/retconned?

I don't think the movies ever really established that. Why would they take off their masks for a fight if they needed them for breathing? City Hunter uses his breathing apparatus after being shot a few times, but it wasn't meant to help with breathing. That's how I've always seen it.

SiL

The masks always supplied gases. Removing them always involved unplugging what we assume is life support.

Like presumably they can manage without but it's not ideal.

It's been gone a while now, hasn't it?

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2022, 05:51:18 AMThe masks always supplied gases. Removing them always involved unplugging what we assume is life support.

I kinda assumed they were unplugging a link to the shoulder pack kind of thing. Like unplugging a computer. But yeah, you do hear an atmospheric hiss once he unplugs. Probably could have been a bit of both.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2022, 05:51:18 AMThe masks always supplied gases. Removing them always involved unplugging what we assume is life support.

That's why I'm asking the Predator pundits.  Did these things stop needing breathing masks after they started juicing autism?

SiL

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Aug 06, 2022, 05:58:26 AMI kinda assumed they were unplugging a link to the shoulder pack kind of thing. Like unplugging a computer. But yeah, you do hear an atmospheric hiss once he unplugs. Probably could have been a bit of both.
You don't just hear it, you see gases coming out.

There are two cables traditionally, I think. Presumably one connects to the gauntlet, the other to life support.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 06, 2022, 06:00:13 AMThat's why I'm asking the Predator pundits.  Did these things stop needing breathing masks after they started juicing autism?
No, pretty sure Predators ditched them first for the Super Predators.

goose_3387

Quote from: CANNON on Aug 06, 2022, 04:07:20 AMI think the main concern should be with the design of Ferel's face..

why do they need to do Stan Winston a disservice and disrespect him by changing his design.

why did they need to change the face!?... it takes all validity away. The design change was to extreme to brush off.

It's unfortunate I'll never see another predator movie with predator in it.

I'm not sure why they feel the need to keep changing the facial structure. It's disrespectful to what Stans team achieved.

SiL

We don't even need to get to disrespect, it's just bizarre that you'd bother to tell a film in this franchise but so clearly think that the central antagonist wasn't good enough for you.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2022, 06:03:19 AMNo, pretty sure Predators ditched them first for the Super Predators.

Will you restore them in 2030?

goose_3387

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2022, 06:09:49 AMWe don't even need to get to disrespect, it's just bizarre that you'd bother to tell a film in this franchise but so clearly think that the central antagonist wasn't good enough for you.

Yeah. It keeps happening though. Will we ever see a true Predator again?  :-\

happypred

happypred

This wouldve been a fine "Feral" face

...or even this

SiL

You bet your ass I will

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: goose_3387 on Aug 06, 2022, 06:12:06 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2022, 06:09:49 AMWe don't even need to get to disrespect, it's just bizarre that you'd bother to tell a film in this franchise but so clearly think that the central antagonist wasn't good enough for you.

Yeah. It keeps happening though. Will we ever see a true Predator again?  :-\

It reminds me of how nostalgic I feel to see Big Chap's design in a new Alien movie, which never happens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed