Concept vs Final

Started by War Wager, Dec 21, 2007, 07:50:17 PM

Would you have preffered the concept design?

Yes
48 (42.5%)
No
51 (45.1%)
Not sure
14 (12.4%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author
Concept vs Final (Read 20,006 times)

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

I prefer the concept...
But the final kicks ass too!!

megachu17

megachu17

blah, whats up with the concept's mouth being able 2 close?? thats not predator-lik at all... ;D

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: nukem11 on Dec 21, 2007, 08:56:13 PM
The film version looks more threatening so its good that they went with it. I do like the concept though.

But I still think this is the best design.
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/artwork/alienartwork/davedorman.jpg

Same here, I prefer that design over the others aswell.

LukaKovach

LukaKovach

I prefer the final version, concept looks... weird.

Gates

Gates

Concept.

The film version looks like my last sh!t...

megachu17

megachu17

wow, close poll, has any1 noticed that alot of the things the ppl that post complain about go over pretty well with the fans on here that dont usually post?(i thought most ppl prefered the concept 1 over the film 1, but its pretty close, and on the reproduction thread...)

megachu17

megachu17

Quote from: Gates on Dec 21, 2007, 10:07:21 PM
Concept.

The film version looks like my last sh!t...

i need 2 start eating whatever uv been eating...

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Why does nobody like the dave dorman design? If there was an AVP in 1992 and the predalien was in it, dave dorman's design would have been picked.

megachu17

megachu17

was he going for a wristblade-like tail on that disign?

Lee Yutani

Lee Yutani

If there had to be a predalien, which I hate the very idea of, I would say keep the design extremely simple;  make it almost an exact replica of the regular xeno except add good-looking, subtle, Giger quality mandibles.  Honestly, had it been a better design maybe I would be able to overlook every other horrible aspect of the movie and buy a ticket.

megachu17

megachu17

what would be the point of the mandiables? the idea of getting traits for the host is 2 improve adaptability, what good would JUST mandiables do? that would just be cosmetic, with mor traits give the alien more traits that the preds hav already adapted 2 survive, thus, helping the alien 2 survive.

Lee Yutani

Lee Yutani

Quote from: megachu17 on Dec 21, 2007, 10:35:29 PM
what would be the point of the mandiables? the idea of getting traits for the host is 2 improve adaptability, what good would JUST mandiables do? that would just be cosmetic, with mor traits give the alien more traits that the preds hav already adapted 2 survive, thus, helping the alien 2 survive.

Maybe it would be adapting to living on a planet where the only thing to eat is beef.  After all that's what the preds have a taste for. :D

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Alien doesn't need help surviving. It's done just fine up until now. All it takes is skeletal traits from the host; if Fox wasn't so busy finding ways for its "target audience" to tell the difference more than a pair of frickin' mandibles already gives away, that would've been realized.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Quotewhat would be the point of the mandiables? the idea of getting traits for the host is 2 improve adaptability, what good would JUST mandiables do? that would just be cosmetic, with mor traits give the alien more traits that the preds hav already adapted 2 survive, thus, helping the alien 2 survive.

I can't understand what the hell you're talking about.

QuoteIf there had to be a predalien, which I hate the very idea of, I would say keep the design extremely simple;  make it almost an exact replica of the regular xeno except add good-looking, subtle, Giger quality mandibles.

Yeah I could go for that, I don't have a problem with the Predalien being bigger than a regular Alien but the current Predalien goes well beyond assimiltating host traits for adaptively.  It's no secret that the Predalien has such obvious Predator traits so that Joe Average, who's never bothered to watch an Alien or Predator film in the past, can easily identify it.  

megachu17

megachu17

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Dec 21, 2007, 10:40:54 PM
Quotewhat would be the point of the mandiables? the idea of getting traits for the host is 2 improve adaptability, what good would JUST mandiables do? that would just be cosmetic, with mor traits give the alien more traits that the preds hav already adapted 2 survive, thus, helping the alien 2 survive.

I can't understand what the hell you're talking about.

*sigh*, answer this question, whats the point of the dna reflex?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed