Ridley Scott Alludes to Ripley's Mother in Alien: Covenant Sequel

Started by RidgeTop, Jul 08, 2017, 10:12:18 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Alludes to Ripley's Mother in Alien: Covenant Sequel (Read 40,695 times)

SM

Re: Box Office.

QuoteWhile Ridley Scott has previously said he wants to shoot two more Alien movies, Alien Covenant struggled to sell enough tickets to ensure another instalment.

"It got great reviews and was everything we set out for it to be, it just didn't hit the note at the box office," says Fred Baron, the 20th Century Fox executive on the movie: "It will be a profitable film for the studio but whether there's another one [is uncertain]."

(Emphasis mine).

Kimo

They is a million things Scott could do, to link the first film in to these new alien prequels that would be a million times more effective. Like having Ash, The Nostromo, Weyland Yutani, even f**king Jonesy the cat make a cameo... But for f**k sake Scott, why you talking about Ripley's mother? It just sounds stupid and unnecessary and makes the already shat on alien universe even more of a shitty place to be. :( As some of you have said it's probably Scott just talking shit and nothing will come of it. But it would not shock me if Scott decided to put this unnecessary stupid idea in his next film, since he as already put some stupid moments in Prometheus and Covenant.

Talking about Alien Isolation.. At least in Alien Isolation, having Ripley's daughter interacting with the Xenomorph is realistic because it's possible that Amanda would wants answers of why her mother never returned home. I mean wouldn't most people want answers why there loved one never came home? Some may just except what Weyland Yutani tells them about the missing Nostromo, were others wont and will start to dig a little deeper.

FallenDarkAngel

This is going to be bad.

Scorpio

It could be bad, or maybe not.  Nobody has seen the film, yet they are judging.

Highland

Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 09, 2017, 07:37:42 AM
It could be bad, or maybe not.  Nobody has seen the film, yet they are judging.

Again, nobody's given a single idea as to why this is even plausible. Go for it.

SM

Is it anyone's job here to say why it's plausible?

Scorpio

In what way plausible?

Maybe in context, it will all make sense. 

SM

I dunno.  I thought Isolation was a terrible idea and was proved wrong, so I won't pre-judge any stuff like this.

irn

Time and again people pay too much literal attention to what Ridley Scott says. He's notorious for just rambling and thinking out loud.

SM

Gggghhhh

"shat on the alien universe"

What is that universe? It IS Ridley Scott. And to think it had no beginning seems odd.

Scorpio

He was saying for years that the aliens were bioweapons, then Prometheus happened.  So you never know.

Bojo

Part of me is thinking 'Heck,do what you want,Ridley.You crazy old man' ;D

At the end of the day the Alien films are expensive B-movies.And,as everyone knows,there's always daftness to be had in such movies.
Probably why I eventaully accpeted A:Covenant and enjoyed it for what it was even with its (numerous)continuity flaws.

Pinback

Somebody needs to stage an intervention with Ridley Scott.

T Dog

Quote from: Pinback on Jul 09, 2017, 11:11:05 AM
Somebody needs to stage an intervention with Ridley Scott.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed