Aliens: What if…

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 21, 2023, 03:08:24 AM

Author
Aliens: What if… (Read 10,722 times)

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

When I first saw solicitations for this series I thoughts: "Really, that's what we are doing now, what ifs?" But then I realized that it isn't really anything new for the franchise. We got adaptations of alternate screenplays, that basicly were what ifs scenarios, original Varhaiden's comics retroactivly became what ifs, and Blomkamp's concept for movie looked like one big what if. So I read first issue with clear mind and I enjoyed it. I like its attempt to make us empathise with Burke more and show his more human side. And I did sympathize with him a bit seeing how he was struggling with his boring life and job. But then we see glimpse of his old, scheming self. So yeah, I'm interested how it would continue.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 04, 2024, 05:20:02 AMI can already tell that the next what if is gonna be if Hicks and Newt survived. 

EDIT:

*hoping that somebody else didn't post that in this thread. 

Damnit you third page guys!
Havent they done the "Hicks and Newt" survived already about 4 times?

SM

SM

To be fair the first time they actually survived.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Dec 29, 2023, 06:53:06 PMI'd like to see this story approach taken to other Alien films.

What if Jacob Branson was able to escape his cryotube?

What if Daniels and Tennessee sniffed out David before going into cryosleep?

What if Ripley 8 decided to throw in her lot with the Xenos?

Seriously, so many questions that should be asked...

I especially like the Ripley 8 idea.  * * * * *

VeteranSergeant

VeteranSergeant

This has been the best of the Marvel Alien comics so far by a significant margin.

This comic was... pretty mediocre. Some of it was entertaining.  Some of it is the pretty typical "What?" response to the poor writing teams at Marvel that have plagued the titles from the beginning of reboot with the story about the college kids who break into a high security orbital space station by... stealing a badge, then the company sends... three guys to investigate.

I have a fun idea for the next "What If?" Aliens title. What if they finally hire someone who can write a decent story?

Stitch

Stitch

I'm still waiting for issue 2...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed