LV-426, My density has popped me to you!

Started by clm3s, Jun 28, 2012, 08:52:05 PM

Author
LV-426, My density has popped me to you! (Read 7,540 times)

Amaterasu

-nods-

Local Trouble

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 14, 2012, 04:03:05 AM
Core's made of an insanely dense, unknown (fictional) element.

Problem solved.

It would explain why the company even bothers to establish mining colonies so far away while there's such an abundant supply of minerals within our own solar system.

Do we know what kind of ore the Nostromo was hauling?

SM

Something expensive one would assume considering Thedus is a lot further away than LV-426.

Local Trouble

I think I see a serendipitous marriage of the unobtanium and going critical tropes taking form here.

It could be that whatever this rare and exotic mineral is, it's also what powers the technology of the Alien universe and makes possible things like FTL drives and atmosphere processors.

It could also be dangerously unstable and prone to making starfreighters and fusion reactors violently explode.

SM

Mustn't be so rare that it's not found locally rather than some 60ly away.

And I don't imagine it's prone to blowing shit up.

Local Trouble

Well, I mean unstable enough to explain why the atmosphere processor exploded instead of simply melting down like real-world nuclear reactors do.

SM

It blew up because Cameron.

Local Trouble

I hear that's why the Titanic sank too.

OmegaZilla

RagingDragon

Cool thread, dude.  I enjoyed the read.

Amaterasu

Whatever happened to Drake? Was he cocooned like the others?

Xenomrph

He took a facefull of acid, I suspect he died similarly to that kid in AvPR who also took a facefull of acid.

Amaterasu

Hmm, whatever happend to the one person who had the Alien drop on them during the attack at the hive? That person was the first one to go.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: Amaterasu on Sep 23, 2012, 03:19:14 AM
Hmm, whatever happend to the one person who had the Alien drop on them during the attack at the hive? That person was the first one to go.

Probably got cocooned. They never said.

Amaterasu

Quote from: Sinister Serenity on Sep 23, 2012, 03:20:09 AM
Quote from: Amaterasu on Sep 23, 2012, 03:19:14 AM

Probably got cocooned. They never said.

We must know ASAP!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed