My Alien Evoloution story...

Started by War Wager, Apr 27, 2007, 07:21:50 PM

Author
My Alien Evoloution story... (Read 7,970 times)

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Clone#8 on May 02, 2007, 07:06:24 PM
Quote from: gameoverman on May 02, 2007, 01:11:06 PM
Quote from: Clone#8 on May 02, 2007, 12:14:07 PM
I hope Fox wouldn't make another movie after this, it would really spoil the whole series, espeicailly if they replace Ripley with a male hero...

Ripley is male hero - she's tall, tough, commanding, high cheek bone structure - basically a masculine female.  Lex was also pretty masculine.  A feminine woman fighting aliens just wouldn't work imo.  It would be too much like Tomb Raider or something.

But she is a woman...

You missed my point.

War Wager

War Wager

I know what you mean she is a woman but a masculine one...

SM

SM

A masculine one who shows strong maternal feelings and shags MOs...   ::)

SiL

SiL

I'd gladly shag Charles Dance.

There. I said it.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SM on May 03, 2007, 11:11:45 AM
A masculine one who shows strong maternal feelings and shags MOs...   ::)

Maternity has nothing to do with it.  Ahnold wasn't less masculine because he decided to take out an entire army to rescue his daughter.

And Ripley was the one pursuing Clemens, not the other way around.

SM

SM

So because she's a stong female - she essentially male.  Women can't be strong without being men.

Riiiiight...

I suppose Hudson wets himself because he's essentially a woman.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SM on May 03, 2007, 11:29:55 AM
So because she's a stong female - she essentially male.  Women can't be strong without being men.

Okay...

No..  It doesn't matter what gender you are.  I was just talking about certain charasteristics.

Ok, if you don't believe me then Alien was originally written with a male lead.  Scott thought it would be more interesting if it was female instead.

SM

SM

No, Alien was originally written with generic leads.  O'Bannon and Shusett noted on the script that they could've been men or women, even though Robey, Standard et al. were men.

Grid Alien

Grid Alien

Im not so shure that it would be a good sequal for A4

Grid Alien

aliensetta

aliensetta

I think its good.

Vader the White

Quote from: Grid Alien on May 03, 2007, 05:35:15 PM

Grid Alien
There will NEVER be a good sequal to A4.

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: Dark_Magician on May 05, 2007, 02:42:33 PM
Quote from: Grid Alien on May 03, 2007, 05:35:15 PM

Grid Alien
There will NEVER be a good sequal to A4.

True but we can hope.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SM on May 03, 2007, 11:36:57 AM
No, Alien was originally written with generic leads.  O'Bannon and Shusett noted on the script that they could've been men or women, even though Robey, Standard et al. were men.

I forgot where I got that piece of info from (about Alien originally being written with a male lead), but no female had taken the lead before in a sci-fi/horror film (ok, yeah you can mention Barbarella but that's different).  I think it was because of feminism or something.

SM

SM

Ripley wasn't really the 'lead' in Alien though.  It was an ensemble piece and she only became the lead effectively when Dallas carked it.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Generally the character that survives to the end is the main character or 'lead'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed