Fede Álvarez’s Alien: Romulus (Working Title) to Start Principal Photography in Feburary 2023!

Started by Predalien39, Dec 19, 2022, 05:17:20 PM

Author
Fede Álvarez’s Alien: Romulus (Working Title) to Start Principal Photography in Feburary 2023! (Read 41,434 times)

aliens13

I'm very excited for this film. I really liked the 2013 remake of Evil Dead and I have faith that our Uruguayan neighbor is going to do a excellent movie (I hope).

I admire its purity.

Exciting stuff! I'm sure the time will fly by until next august. I wonder if we'll get a trailer as a Christmas present like we did with Covenant.

skhellter

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 03, 2023, 12:09:59 AMI guess we'd better not mention Aliens having a literal child in it...

aliens is gonna be a cheesy KIDS movie!11111

that's what nerds would be writing after hearing news of that casting.
freaking out over every single detail, knowing everything about the plot months in advance.

A POWER LOADER????
ALIEN ISN'T AN ACTION MOVIE WHAT ARE THEY dOING OVER THERE

CHEESY HOLLYWOOD CRAP!!!

etc.

Neila

I think (and hope) that this will be another great ALIEN movie. Just like every ALIEN film so far.
It's always a question of taste, but personally I'm glad to see a new film of this franchise.

Eric sanders

Can wait for alien Romulus is coming next August of 2024  and hope there is prey sequel  Can wait more aliens and predator movies on the way

Marlon 2055

Excellent update! I predict that ALIEN Romulus will be the 3rd Best in the series right behind ALIEN & ALIENS!

This is Director's Fede Álvarez chance to be placed in the same conversation with Ridley Scott & James Cameron . . . . Fede Álvarez  is good at doing more with less . . . . and is conscientious of what original ALIEN audiences REQUIRE! I will be there opening weekend, like I was with ALIEN in 1979!

Bojo

Good, be interesting to see certain things filter out now until its release.

Regarding my views on this film so far and what we have, as a fanbase, at our disposal with regards to news surrounding this film, I'm cautiously optimistic that it will be atleast as decent as Prey.

I dont think the film will have any pretensions over what it will fundamentally be, that being a solid nuts-and-bolts horror film. Nor do I expect anything groudbreaking interms of what it will feature regarding some new-ish ideas/concepts.

Maybe certain things within the films history/lore will be put forward and expanded upon.
Maybe a possible reintroduction of the egg-morphing idea that was taken out of the original, which I always found as a somewhat effective and disturbing concept that should've been shown more love in films that proceeded (the original). Severely underutilized, personally speaking.

But overall I'm expecting a basic linear storyline, B-movie-esq dialogue and performances , good level of special effects (digital and none digital) and for the film to go hard on the gore and violence which will coincide with those moments being the more memorable elements of the movie.

David Parra

just expecting for first scenes on the official trailer , plase throw us the first sirloins to the grill

yuppy

hoping that this will be the Alien /Thing mashup we've always wanted.

GoldFarmer

Although not the Alien Stompers, the double strap Reeboks are a nice touch!

Eal

Quote from: skhellter on Jul 03, 2023, 11:07:52 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 03, 2023, 12:09:59 AMI guess we'd better not mention Aliens having a literal child in it...

aliens is gonna be a cheesy KIDS movie!11111

that's what nerds would be writing after hearing news of that casting.
freaking out over every single detail, knowing everything about the plot months in advance.

A POWER LOADER????
ALIEN ISN'T AN ACTION MOVIE WHAT ARE THEY dOING OVER THERE

CHEESY HOLLYWOOD CRAP!!!

etc.

I think quite a few contemporary fans (at least a faction of them within the fandom)had that reaction to Cameron's Aliens in the 80s, regarding the alien lore and the movie's tone, even those that liked the movie ultimately.

SiL

Yeah Cameron even responded to some of them in a magazine.

Corporal Hicks

[cancerblack]

All of that aside, these clowns are fronting as if a bunch of early-20-somethings running afoul of a spooky monster isn't both tried and true, and a proud tradition, in the horror genre.

"Oh no, Alien is going back to its horror roots! That sucks! 0/10"

Bran96

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed