What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 595,355 times)

Lie

Lie

One of the sex sketches from Collegehumor spoiled the ending to Interstellar.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Katy Perry is performing at halftime of Super Bowl XLIX. Such disappoint.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Nov 26, 2014, 02:22:12 AM
Katy Perry is performing at halftime of Super Bowl XLIV. Such disappoint.

She's crap without autotune, so that show will be an embarrassment.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Maybe it will be interesting after all :P :P :P :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

urgh. So of the 6 days I've been on call I've been called 5 times. I was just in the middle of dinner when they rang me this time. So I rushed home...and nothing wrong with it. Complete waste of time.

Dark Blade1

Dark Blade1

my sister and when i get cheated on video games make me unhappy.

Mormegil

Mormegil

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 26, 2014, 07:23:13 PM
urgh. So of the 6 days I've been on call I've been called 5 times. I was just in the middle of dinner when they rang me this time. So I rushed home...and nothing wrong with it. Complete waste of time.
What are you on call for, Hicks?

Also sucks that your boiler is broken, btw. Last year the pilot on our furnace wouldnt stay lit. It would go out in the middle of the night and we'd wake up freezing. Finally resorted to turning on the stove and setting a fan in front of the open oven to blow out some heat.

In the ghetooooooooooo!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 26, 2014, 02:25:38 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Nov 26, 2014, 02:22:12 AM
Katy Perry is performing at halftime of Super Bowl XLIV. Such disappoint.

She's crap without autotune, so that show will be an embarrassment.

Who cares? Boobs.  :P

Quote from: Mormegil on Nov 27, 2014, 09:50:59 AM
What are you on call for, Hicks?

I work in I.T. So out of hours I.T support. Me and my colleague take it in turns doing a week. It's normally not bad but this week I've been called 5 out of the 6 days I've been on. Tonight is my last night on call and I bet I get another call.

QuoteAlso sucks that your boiler is broken, btw. Last year the pilot on our furnace wouldnt stay lit. It would go out in the middle of the night and we'd wake up freezing. Finally resorted to turning on the stove and setting a fan in front of the open oven to blow out some heat.

Tell me about it. It's horrid. I love washing in the cold.  :-\ Having to pop back to my 'rents for baths. Fed-up. xD But soldier on. That's my general attitude for when stuff goes wrong.

Mormegil

Mormegil

An I.T. man who gets called out like a fireman?? Jesus Christ lol. Well god bless you dude.

And hey, about washing in dat cold... something for ya:

I love this blog and you will too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxz8QNqrzwY#ws

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mormegil on Nov 27, 2014, 10:14:04 AM
An I.T. man who gets called out like a fireman?? Jesus Christ lol. Well god bless you dude.

Pretty standard fare now-a-days, I reckon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxz8QNqrzwY#ws

Not sure how much of that is legit - not really good with biology - but I did enjoy that. I'll have to watch more later.  :)

Mormegil

Mormegil

That guy's blog is one of my favorite sites on the net. Lots of entertaining stuff, and it's not jackass Maxim bro-man, but old school real gentleman, like Ron Swanson man lol.

Topazora

Topazora

it would be nice to have one year where Thanksgiving is a cold day.  I don't remember the last cloudy, cold Thanksgiving day I've got to enjoy, we get hot Christmas days too... It was like 80°F today, we'll probably get a similar Christmas.  I can't wait to to move somewhere where the holidays actually calls for wearing a jacket.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

I feel really morbidly depressed today. :(

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Had a close call at the USPS today, a MAJOR crisis was adverted.

Quote from: Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion on Dec 01, 2014, 01:04:54 AM

http://s4.postimg.org/zeyccipgt/sadbeargguy.png
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyROzaiaFvs#

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion on Dec 01, 2014, 01:04:54 AM

http://s4.postimg.org/zeyccipgt/sadbeargguy.png

Chin up, mate! Keep yourself busy and your mind engaged.

So it's the start of the "wake-in-dark, go-home-in-dark" period of the year. If people can't tell, I really dislike the winter.

I wouldn't say it made me unhappy - gutted, maybe - but on Saturday we played an Attack Wing tournament. For the first time in a while I was genuinely looking forward to it as I'd constructed an interesting build. Some of the recent scenarios had been a bit crap and the builds somewhat uninspired. Anyway, used my basic idea in practice last week and my mates took 2 of my ideas.

The early lynch-pin was around a new card that disabled an opponent's captain. So the idea was to sack off their best Captain in the first turn of shooting with focused fire. And then I had a multi-tude of movement cards to allow myself to keep moving, to rearrange myself and get out of my opponents arcs and use my own 360 arcs to my advantage. I'd also put in a provision to defeat that card if I faced either of my mates - I knew they'd rob it.

2 of the 3 games I left the ship I targeted on one health due to fantastic defensive rolling by my opponents. I faced neither of my mates but instead the shop owner who put a Borg build together to piss me off. I ended up winning all 3 games but one of my mates had 3 perfect games, perfect rolls and got all the bonus points so I ended up coming second and missed out on the prize.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed