Gladiator II

Started by Ingwar, Nov 01, 2018, 07:58:58 PM

Author
Gladiator II (Read 44,505 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Somebody from the audience must have recorded the footage.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Doesn't seem so. Most of the attendees were professionals, journalists and industry people who wouldn't do bootlegs.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Shit  ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

To be honest, I'd rather wait for the official release than watch a dodgy low-res compressed bootleg.

Though I don't think the trailer is going to be 5 minutes long like the one shown at CinemaCon.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 11, 2024, 06:34:06 PM
Spoiler
Begins with someone pouring grain on his hands. "I remember that day. I never forgot it; that a slave could take revenge against an emperor; that a slave could get justice in the arena."

Denzel talking to a slave, "Do you hear that crowd? The greatest temple the world ever built: the Colleseum."

We see naval combat in the Coliseum — much, much bigger in scale than the first movie. Pedro Pascal is shown being crowned by Joseph Quinn. Denzel says, "It's an art choosing gladiators. Some choose entertainment; some choose brute force;"

Mescal is branded, and sort of recruited by Denzel. Pedro Pascal is shown leading a group of soldiers similar in battle — he must be some kind of commander or general.

Mescal is leading a group of gladiators against a rhino in the arena. "When it charges, break for the wall." He uses the sand to blind the rhino and has it crash against the wall.

There's a war with the Romans against another army. We see lots of naval combat, with Pedro leading the Roman army and seemingly wins. We see some trebuchets as well. (Think: Ridley Scott version of Minas Tirith battle, but a little smaller in scale.)

"I will not waste another generation of young men for their vanity," Pedro says to Lucilla.

Quinn does the thumbs up and down like Joaquin did in the first movie.

Something happens and Pedro is forced to fight in the arena. He fights groups of men on his own.

Lucilla gives Mescal the ring that belonged to Maximus.

Mescal eventually enters the arena and fights Pedro in the Coliseum. Trailer ends with impressive sword combat between the two of them.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity" voice over is said by Mescal as we see someone walking across a field, with the hand touching the grass.
[close]

https://screenrant.com/gladiator-2-movie-footage-description-cinemacon/

So... it's just a complete retread of the first movie but with added outlandish aquatic based CG spectacle? Absolutely nothing coming out about this flick is managing to dissuade me from thinking that this will go down in history as one of the most pointless and unnecessary sequels of all time... right up there with the likes of S.Darko.

PullthePlug

PullthePlug

Quote from: St_Eddie on Apr 15, 2024, 01:50:50 AM
Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 11, 2024, 06:34:06 PM
Spoiler
Begins with someone pouring grain on his hands. "I remember that day. I never forgot it; that a slave could take revenge against an emperor; that a slave could get justice in the arena."

Denzel talking to a slave, "Do you hear that crowd? The greatest temple the world ever built: the Colleseum."

We see naval combat in the Coliseum — much, much bigger in scale than the first movie. Pedro Pascal is shown being crowned by Joseph Quinn. Denzel says, "It's an art choosing gladiators. Some choose entertainment; some choose brute force;"

Mescal is branded, and sort of recruited by Denzel. Pedro Pascal is shown leading a group of soldiers similar in battle — he must be some kind of commander or general.

Mescal is leading a group of gladiators against a rhino in the arena. "When it charges, break for the wall." He uses the sand to blind the rhino and has it crash against the wall.

There's a war with the Romans against another army. We see lots of naval combat, with Pedro leading the Roman army and seemingly wins. We see some trebuchets as well. (Think: Ridley Scott version of Minas Tirith battle, but a little smaller in scale.)

"I will not waste another generation of young men for their vanity," Pedro says to Lucilla.

Quinn does the thumbs up and down like Joaquin did in the first movie.

Something happens and Pedro is forced to fight in the arena. He fights groups of men on his own.

Lucilla gives Mescal the ring that belonged to Maximus.

Mescal eventually enters the arena and fights Pedro in the Coliseum. Trailer ends with impressive sword combat between the two of them.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity" voice over is said by Mescal as we see someone walking across a field, with the hand touching the grass.
[close]

https://screenrant.com/gladiator-2-movie-footage-description-cinemacon/

So... it's just a complete retread of the first movie but with added outlandish aquatic based CG spectacle? Absolutely nothing coming out about this flick is managing to dissuade me from thinking that this will go down in history as one of the most pointless and unnecessary sequels of all time... right up there with the likes of S.Darko.

I feel like there will some sort of switch with Mescal's character battling with the good and evil in his DNA.

Ingwar

Ingwar

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 15, 2024, 04:16:23 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV32z9uTCp4

Can't wait to see what a $310 million Ridley Scott movie looks like.  :o

[Geek Mode On]

Funny, when I first started speculating on the inclusion of Naumachias, before filming even started, I thought they should throw in some sharks as well.

But then I thought it would probably be a bit over-the-top. I mean, how would you get the sharks to the Colosseum? Rome is more than 15 miles from the sea, and a shark needs to keep swimming otherwise it suffocates. And the Colosseum was flooded with water from the Tiber river. Sharks cannot survive long in fresh water.

Crocodiles would probably make more sense since they are amphibious and live in freshwater.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Apr 15, 2024, 05:09:18 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 15, 2024, 04:16:23 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV32z9uTCp4

Can't wait to see what a $310 million Ridley Scott movie looks like.  :o

[Geek Mode On]

Funny, when I first started speculating on the inclusion of Naumachias, before filming even started, I thought they should throw in some sharks as well.

But then I thought it would probably be a bit over-the-top. I mean, how would you get the sharks to the Colosseum? Rome is more than 15 miles from the sea, and a shark needs to keep swimming otherwise it suffocates. And the Colosseum was flooded with water from the Tiber river. Sharks cannot survive long in fresh water.

Crocodiles would probably make more sense since they are amphibious and live in freshwater.

"But you weren't there, shut up!" chomps on cigar

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Ralph Cifaretto would be so excited about all of this right now. :(

SiL

SiL

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Apr 15, 2024, 05:09:18 PMa shark needs to keep swimming otherwise it suffocates.
Depends entirely on the type of shark. Many can breathe without moving.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SiL on Apr 15, 2024, 08:25:28 PM
Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Apr 15, 2024, 05:09:18 PMa shark needs to keep swimming otherwise it suffocates.

Man-eaters can't.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Apr 15, 2024, 08:30:42 PM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 15, 2024, 08:25:28 PM

Man-eaters can't.
Tiger sharks can. They pump water through their gills with their cheek muscles, so can stop moving when they want.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Was it tiger sharks in the film footage and can they survive in fresh water?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed