Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 71,358 times)

szkoki

why would you put together a psychopat?

Protozoid

Protozoid

Birth.Movies.Death. is reporting that Shaw's portion of the clip will not be in the final film. The bombing will, however, which we all guesed.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: salomonj on Apr 26, 2017, 06:11:21 PM
Quote from: acidreign on Apr 26, 2017, 06:10:45 PM
Really liked that bit, hope it's in the movie!
It'll be in the movie

How do you know? :)

Infected

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 26, 2017, 07:51:03 PM
Ok it was entertaining to watch. However, the questions rose by the end of Prometheus regarding how the hell did they manage to take off and control a Derelict ship, have ended up being "answered" sorta this way:

- They manage to make it for another temple and take another Derelict ship - check
- They take off without using the chair - LeLz
- They navigate space without a pilot in the chair - LeLz
- Shaw patches David's head up back to Its body - check
- They walk around the ship in the middle of space as If they were at home - LeLz
- Shaw is still happy as she will finally be able to visit their creators, and all that after what happened with the engineer boy in the movie - LeLz
- Shaw is put to cryosleep without a pressure suit, when It's clearly requiered for the wires to plug in across your body as we saw in Prometheus - LeLz
- The very cryosleep chamber is now smaller or resized in order to make Shaw to not look as the dwarf she is, giving the impression she even fits it well - LeLz
- It's about to rain LeLz on them engineer boyz - check
- So many laughs after watching this prologue and finding out that Scott has been eventually unable to explain all these questions regarding how the hell they did manage to take off and control the ship, as we could not have it any other way tbh - check

Ok. Now roll on May
It could all be on purpose, maybe he gave her eternal sleep, "how long will it take?" "impossible to tell" he said, well that "impossible" instantly made my bells ring, that was clearly false info from David.

But the most important atm for me is, the arms on the jockey suits are long, something tells me Ridley is saying with this, these are the jockeys from my first Alien movie, deal with it, live with it.

kwisatz

Quote from: Robopadna on Apr 26, 2017, 07:28:31 PM
Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 26, 2017, 07:24:33 PM
Look where the Juggernaut docks theres a platform withstanding a the end of the Scorpionaut. There might not even be a free field of fire straight from the Juggernaut to the plaza. Maybe thats where the Scorpionaut "sucks" the urns in or weaponises them in another way.

All I can say is we have literally seen this scene.  The scorpion plays no role but to dock the ship (and why wouldn't they have a way of docking a ship?  They need to make sure it's clear of pathogens, especially because it's coming from a 2000 year old bio weapons planet).  The urns drop straight out of the juggernaut and down.  Anything you think is in the way is just a matter of viewing perspective.  They simply fall right out.

Ja obviously.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 26, 2017, 07:56:33 PM
It'll be in the movie

Thats what he chose to believe, and like shaw, he was wrong, he was so wrong

Adorianu

Quote from: Walter on Apr 26, 2017, 07:02:23 PM
I found some new scenes of Spores  ::)

https://media.giphy.com/media/26FLiRAKfhxlVDLIA/source.gif

http://i.imgur.com/SEkQ2Sv.gif

This is why they should have helmets on an alien planet,they are dumb like people from Prometheus.

SpeedyMaxx

- They manage to make it for another temple and take another Derelict ship - check

Why is that implausible?

Quote- They take off without using the chair - LeLz

There is no evidence they did that. David could've guided Shaw through it pre-reattachment. Or for all we know she reattached it before they even left LV-223.

Quote- Shaw patches David's head up back to Its body - check

Very possible. Ripley was able to do basic work on synthetics without a talking guide.

Quote- They walk around the ship in the middle of space as If they were at home - LeLz

Just like any other ship in the series.

Quote- Shaw is still happy as she will finally be able to visit their creators, and all that after what happened with the engineer boy in the movie - LeLz

Shaw is a scientist bent on discovery.

Quote- Shaw is put to cryosleep without a pressure suit, when It's clearly requiered for the wires to plug in across your body as we saw in Prometheus - LeLz

Only necessarily required for Engineers wearing their flight suits. We have no idea if that's needed to function with human physiology. That's just you deciding it must.

Quote- The very cryosleep chamber is now smaller or resized in order to make Shaw to not look as the dwarf she is, giving the impression she even fits it well - LeLz

Maybe it shifts!

Seriously, what exactly did you expect them to say about how those two flew the ship? That there was going to be some elaborate apparatus by which something else did it? Even five years ago there was never any chance they were not going to show Fassbender or Noomi Rapace in the pilot's chair someday.

Sabres21768

I noticed in the clip that the Engineers were cheering. They seemed very happy to see the ship. At least until David started bombing them.

Adorianu

Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 26, 2017, 07:57:47 PM
Quote from: Robopadna on Apr 26, 2017, 07:28:31 PM
Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 26, 2017, 07:24:33 PM
Look where the Juggernaut docks theres a platform withstanding a the end of the Scorpionaut. There might not even be a free field of fire straight from the Juggernaut to the plaza. Maybe thats where the Scorpionaut "sucks" the urns in or weaponises them in another way.

All I can say is we have literally seen this scene.  The scorpion plays no role but to dock the ship (and why wouldn't they have a way of docking a ship?  They need to make sure it's clear of pathogens, especially because it's coming from a 2000 year old bio weapons planet).  The urns drop straight out of the juggernaut and down.  Anything you think is in the way is just a matter of viewing perspective.  They simply fall right out.

Ja obviously.

http://i.imgur.com/FVoAMLe.gif

From where you got that shot?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Apr 26, 2017, 07:58:30 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 26, 2017, 07:56:33 PM
It'll be in the movie

Thats what he chose to believe, and like shaw, he was wrong, he was so wrong

I wonder why it's been cut from the final version. What was the purpose of filming it if it's not gonna end up in the film? DVD extras?

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 26, 2017, 08:10:55 PM
I noticed in the clip that the Engineers were cheering. They seemed very happy to see the ship.

Yeah, I thought what appeared to be V.O. of World Cup/Super Bowl fans cheering from below to be a bit silly.

hfeldhaus

Ok it was entertaining to watch. However, the questions rose by the end of Prometheus regarding how the hell did they manage to take off and control a Derelict ship, have ended up being "answered" sorta this way:

- They walk around the ship in the middle of space as If they were at home - LeLz
- Shaw is still happy as she will finally be able to visit their creators, and all that after what happened with the engineer boy in the movie - LeLz
- Shaw is put to cryosleep without a pressure suit, when It's clearly requiered for the wires to plug in across your body as we saw in Prometheus - LeLz
- The very cryosleep chamber is now smaller or resized in order to make Shaw to not look as the dwarf she is, giving the impression she even fits it well - LeLz
- So many laughs after watching this prologue and finding out that Scott has been eventually unable to explain all these questions regarding how the hell they did manage to take off and control the ship, as we could not have it any other way tbh - check

Ok. Now roll on May

Jesus you must be a real pain in the ass to watch a film with.

Use your imagination, not everything needs to be spoon fed to you.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 26, 2017, 08:11:49 PM
I wonder why it's been cut from the final version. What was the purpose of filming it if it's not gonna end up in the film? DVD extras?

Same as the Last Supper. Viral marketing.

I do think it's tacky that they keep offloading character scenes into promotion. Particularly with the Last Supper, which is heavily featured in TV spots now but which is neither directed by Ridley Scott nor in the actual film.

MajorB

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Apr 26, 2017, 08:12:07 PM

Ok. Now roll on May

Jesus you must be a real pain in the ass to watch a film with.

Use your imagination, not everything needs to be spoon fed to you.

You see, the clip isn't an accurate simulation of the "real" Alien universe, as Ridley Scott didn't account for pointless minutiae for internet nitpickers. LeLz!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed