The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 239,542 times)

Ultramorph

That all sounds awesome! Looks like the trilogy will finish strong. Now all we need is
Spoiler
an oblique reference to Ahab, like the one we got to Predator 2 in the first book. Maybe a reference to legends about one or two Predators who coexisted with humans for extended periods because of circumstances.
[close]

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 08, 2016, 11:26:57 PM
That all sounds awesome! Looks like the trilogy will finish strong. Now all we need is
Spoiler
an oblique reference to Ahab, like the one we got to Predator 2 in the first book. Maybe a reference to legends about one or two Predators who coexisted with humans for extended periods because of circumstances.
[close]

The amount of ass kicking the Predators did to the Rage in space will make HappyPred... happy!  ;D He did have a problem with how nerfed they seemed so the third book finally brings out their inner ass kickery.

I hope we get more reference to the Dog-Aliens or Arcturians or any other intelligent species! Imagine the novel ends with the Marines all headed to Arcturus for some well deserved Arcturian Poontang after such a hard war has raged...

SM

SM

Spoiler
The Predators took down Rommel at LV-1657 and did most of the heavy lifting capturing the general of the Cooper-Jordan.
[close]

Not bad for an Aliens title.

Ultramorph

I'm hoping the book ends with
Spoiler
it turning out the Faze was behind it all, weakening the humans so the dog-aliens could invade.
[close]

Kaltes

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Sep 08, 2016, 07:37:29 PM
It is interesting from what I have gathered above, we see Lebbon's Yautja are pretty much
Spoiler
a blend of Yautja and Hish-qu-Ten. Like the Hish, they steal tech but also come up with their own, like the Yautja they are warriors but also like the Hish they are sadistic and it's hard to tell the genders apart.
[close]
I'm alright with that interpretation.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 09, 2016, 12:51:33 AM
I'm hoping the book ends with
Spoiler
it turning out the Faze was behind it all, weakening the humans so the dog-aliens could invade.
[close]

Can you imagine that's the case? And it will go back to the original concept of the Rage having meant to have been aliens in the first place before Lebbon made them rogue humans.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Or even better
Spoiler
the Rage WIN, but the book ends with the Engineers approaching the Human Sphere for a reckoning. That would be a dark ending!
[close]

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Sep 08, 2016, 07:37:29 PM
It is interesting from what I have gathered above, we see Lebbon's Yautja are pretty much
Spoiler
a blend of Yautja and Hish-qu-Ten. Like the Hish, they steal tech but also come up with their own, like the Yautja they are warriors but also like the Hish they are sadistic and it's hard to tell the genders apart.
[close]

As long as there is no damn kill-glands or gender switching then fine.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 09, 2016, 01:29:51 AM
Or even better
Spoiler
the Rage WIN, but the book ends with the Engineers approaching the Human Sphere for a reckoning. That would be a dark ending!
[close]

That would indeed be a dark ending!

I also loved the bit in the preview where the Marines borrow
Spoiler
Palant's translator to go to the Yautja food replicators and make orders. They get some different results than what they expected, but still find it edible, especially one Marine who seems to really enjoy it LOL!
[close]

happypred

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Sep 09, 2016, 12:37:58 AM
The amount of ass kicking the Predators did to the Rage in space will make HappyPred... happy!

My real issue is Lebbon's bland prose...but yes, I also do feel that the Yautja "infantry" are too weak and low tech compared to marines

j0w

Spoiler
[close]

The amount of ass kicking the Predators did to the Rage in space will make HappyPred... happy!  ;D He did have a problem with how nerfed they seemed so the third book finally brings out their inner ass kickery.

I hope we get more reference to the Dog-Aliens or Arcturians or any other intelligent species! Imagine the novel ends with the Marines all headed to Arcturus for some well deserved Arcturian Poontang after such a hard war has raged...
Makes me happy. I've always wondered what they'd do when it came to straight fights not hunts or if they had real soldiers somewhere among them. I get my answers and fun with this trilogy..

perching

Kaltes

Quote from: j0w on Sep 09, 2016, 08:19:15 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Makes me happy. I've always wondered what they'd do when it came to straight fights not hunts or if they had real soldiers somewhere among them. I get my answers and fun with this trilogy..

perching

So they have a military after all? Cool.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Kaltes on Sep 09, 2016, 02:22:27 PM
Quote from: j0w on Sep 09, 2016, 08:19:15 AM
Spoiler
[close]

perching

So they have a military after all? Cool.

Sort of, it's not like what you'd expect with thousands of Yautja marching towards battle or anything.

Just a few of them again, only bringing ships with bigger guns. In that preview I posted, you see a cool space battle.

Kaltes

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Sep 09, 2016, 04:58:41 PM
Sort of, it's not like what you'd expect with thousands of Yautja marching towards battle or anything.

Never expected it to be, but I can still dream. XD

The Alien Predator

Less than a week remains! Has anyone got theirs early?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed