Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 194,256 times)

Nostromo

You could order it from here too, it must be so cheap to order from them if you're in the US.

https://www.tfaw.com/Search?_results_use_stopwords=true&quick_sstring=aliens+defiance&_results_sstype_search=

Mr. Clemens

I'm in Canada, and I'm just not bothered, honestly. I'm gonna buy the trade eventually, and I'll still buy new issues, but I just wanna know what happened in #1.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Sep 04, 2016, 01:34:23 AM
I'm in Canada, and I'm just not bothered, honestly. I'm gonna buy the trade eventually, and I'll still buy new issues, but I just wanna know what happened in #1.

Cheers Man!  Fellow Canadian.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

I'm Canadian as well. I called up my local comic shop but they don't have any copies of any Defiance issues so it's been all digital for me at the moment. Buying from the US at the moment is something I don't even consider with our dollar being so worthless there right now.

Nostromo

Nostromo

The shipping cost for small items from US to Canada is ridiculous since 2014 or so..I just buy every TPB from Amazon.ca..and issues from a local store.

And Mr. Clemens, I've read so much stuff lately I've forgotten what happened in issue 1. Maybe someone else can help or you can get the digital for around $1-2.

XenoZipper

I wish I could hit my local store more often but it's not actually as "local" as it should be. Nearest comic shop to me is about an hour & 45 minute drive from where I live. There's no actual comic stores in the small town I live in & I don't have wheels so I don't get over to the next city very often unfortunately. Last time I got to hit the store up was about a year & a half ago. I hate being in a small town. I miss living in Vancouver but it got way too costly to live there & had to move but everything was available there. Never needed to buy online ever until I moved to where I am now.

Ultramorph

I just read #4, and this series is staying strong all the way through!
Spoiler
I'm really hoping this picks up on the ending of Isolation. I like how character driven these last two issues were. I'm really starting to like Hendricks, and Davis remains intriguing. I wonder if saving the finger is just innocent "appreciating life" or if he'll turn. I hope it's more complicated than the latter.

I liked the art in this issue, especially the battle scene. It will still be nice to have Tristan back on with #5.
[close]

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 03, 2016, 05:03:00 PMIt seems to be a possibility with how issue 4 plays out regarding Amanda's message to Zula.

Boo. Spoilers.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 03, 2016, 03:14:31 PM
Does anyone get the impression that Zula and Davis are going to be the ones that pick up Amanda at the end of Isolation ?

It's a good idea but I don't feel like that's the way they're going. At least, not yet.
QuoteShe doesn't try to contact Amanda in #4 but rather her doctor.

Quote from: XenoZipper on Sep 03, 2016, 07:43:47 PM
I feel Davis isn't what we think he is or has as good intentions as we think.
Spoiler
Keeping the finger of the alien after Zula told him to leave that stuff alone is kinda making me think so. I think he may be just another corporate plant made to think is on her side just like I think Dr.Yang's going to turn out to be.
[close]

I'm not so sure. It seems like it'd be too pedestrian of a turn and I don't think there's any real indication of that. Perhaps Davis is more interested the actual chemistry that the Alien might be capable of advancing. Building his own biomechanical body to transfer his consciousness too, something like that. After all, he is

Spoiler
quite damaged at the minute.
[close]

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2016, 08:27:14 AM
Spoiler
Keeping the finger of the alien after Zula told him to leave that stuff alone is kinda making me think so. I think he may be just another corporate plant made to think is on her side just like I think Dr.Yang's going to turn out to be.
[close]

I'm not so sure. It seems like it'd be too pedestrian of a turn and I don't think there's any real indication of that. Perhaps Davis is more interested the actual chemistry that the Alien might be capable of advancing. Building his own biomechanical body to transfer his consciousness too, something like that. After all, he is

Spoiler
[close]

That actually sounds pretty cool! I hope they don't take the pedestrian turn and would love to see it go that way. Hopefully someone on the writing team is that inventive to bring the idea in.

Russ840

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 04, 2016, 08:29:32 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 03, 2016, 05:03:00 PMIt seems to be a possibility with how issue 4 plays out regarding Amanda's message to Zula.

Boo. Spoilers.

What did I spoil ?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: XenoZipper on Sep 05, 2016, 12:57:52 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

That actually sounds pretty cool! I hope they don't take the pedestrian turn and would love to see it go that way. Hopefully someone on the writing team is that inventive to bring the idea in.

I'm hoping that might be where they take David in Covenant.

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 05, 2016, 04:40:43 PM

Boo. Spoilers.

What did I spoil ?

Spoiler
That Amanda makes an appearance in #4
[close]

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 05, 2016, 10:06:13 PM
Check it out:

http://t-rexjones.deviantart.com/gallery/54898446/Sequential-Art

https://twitter.com/tyrannojones/status/772785320727158784

Absolutely f**king gorgeous.

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 06, 2016, 07:32:19 AM
Quote from: XenoZipper on Sep 05, 2016, 12:57:52 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

I'm hoping that might be where they take David in Covenant.

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 05, 2016, 04:40:43 PM

Boo. Spoilers.

What did I spoil ?

Spoiler
That Amanda makes an appearance in #4
[close]

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 05, 2016, 10:06:13 PM
Check it out:

http://t-rexjones.deviantart.com/gallery/54898446/Sequential-Art

https://twitter.com/tyrannojones/status/772785320727158784

Absolutely f**king gorgeous.

Apologies. I thought that had been spoken about already but looking back I can see that it's all discussed via spoiler captions.

Sorry guys

HuDaFuK

No worries.

I'm just really curious what they're going to do with Amanda in this so I'd like to find out for myself rather than read it on here :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed