Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 194,313 times)

Perfect-Organism

I loved that moment in #2 when Zula was sneaking up past the dead alien and she was attacked by the other alien.  It is so difficult to build up tension and to have a frightening moment in a comic book.  The creative team nailed it.  What a delicious moment!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 15, 2016, 04:24:40 PM
I do have issue 2, and I love it. Just gotta get my hands on #1...

I'd give your local another shout. There should be plenty of copies available to get online if your local isn't coming through.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Just read Aliens Defiance 3.

A small review:
Spoiler

Cover makes no sense at all after you read the issue. Could have put a nice working Joe instead..

Art quality took a dramatic drop but that was excpected with Tristan Jones coming back in issue 5. Or 6?

Was this story and event really necessary? It's actually better now that I think of it, as it will set up more horror going forward, now that there is less crowd on board.

There was some sneaky dialogue about Amanda Ripley..makes you wonder if she's dead or not. That was well written. As for the story in this issue, it could only get better.

My biggest complain is the cover. It was really ugly and not even necessary. I wonder how something like this got decided...weird. Dumb weird.
[close]

Loking forward to the next issue in 2 weeks.

Prez

Prez

Just picked it up at my local.

Might read it on the bus trip home tonight.

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 18, 2016, 01:58:09 AM
Just read Aliens Defiance 3.

A small review:
Spoiler

Cover makes no sense at all after you read the issue. Could have put a nice working Joe instead..

Art quality took a dramatic drop but that was excpected with Tristan Jones coming back in issue 5. Or 6?

Was this story and event really necessary? It's actually better now that I think of it, as it will set up more horror going forward, now that there is less crowd on board.

There was some sneaky dialogue about Amanda Ripley..makes you wonder if she's dead or not. That was well written. As for the story in this issue, it could only get better.

My biggest complain is the cover. It was really ugly and not even necessary. I wonder how something like this got decided...weird. Dumb weird.
[close]

Loking forward to the next issue in 2 weeks.

Thought the artwork was quite good actually. Thicker keyline style to Tristan's of course but suited the tone well.

Spoiler

In regards to that sneaky bit you mention in the spoiler, Amanda Ripley actually had a small cameo back in issue 1 when she introduces herself to Hendricks.

There is a panel on the last page of this issue after Davis has destroyed all the mutineers and you see Hendrick's foot with what appears to be leaking android milk blood? Or is that Davis' foot? or is she just stepping in pools of milk blood from the other destroyed androids?
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Hulking Reviewer's review of #3: http://hulkingreviewer.com/home/reviews/aliens-defiance-3/ They're still loving!

SpreadEagleBeagle

Got a copy of the first issue, and boy, it just blows everything else out of the water. It's up there with Aliens: Sacrifice and Aliens: Labyrinth. Can't wait to check out #2 and #3. Amazing artwork, pacing and dialogue. Feels like Alien: Isolation got the Alien franchisee back on track and raised the bar, which makes me happy. I hope that A:D won't drop in quality as the series continue.

Nostromo

^ Smart man

Nostromo

Sweet new preview for Issue #4 is out.

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/Previews/29-853?page=0

Corporal Hicks

:o

I wonder if a certain someone is going to be making a more prominent appearance in this as the series goes on?

RidgeTop

The artist switched mid-series? Never seen that happen before.

Corporal Hicks

It happens on the longer running series. Marvel does it quite often. It's to give Tristan a chance to get ahead on some of the later issues.

SM

SM

Colonial Marines had four artists.  And a guest panel by Killian Plunkett.
DOTS had three artists (though Baretto did most of the issues).

Prez

Prez

Can't remember the last time DH did anything for Aliens over 7 issues (I think Marines was 12 issues & AvP Three World War was 6 issues).

FYI the Trade is tentatively scheduled for early 2017 http://www.bookdepository.com/Aliens--Defiance-Volume-1/9781506701264 & here https://www.darkhorse.com/Search/aliens+defiance

I'm getting all the issues but will get the trade as well.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Prez on Aug 22, 2016, 12:54:36 PM
I'm getting all the issues but will get the trade as well.

Same. I'm slowly replacing all my singles with trades. Might as well just buy along with these. But then again, if they do a fancy pants hardback edition for Defiance....

Nostromo

Nostromo

If Defiance continues like this I'll buy the comics, the TPB'S, the HC's and the fancy pants.

Btw, that tpb is volume 1 as it collects issues 1-6. Volume 2 will probably come soon...

Colonial Marines was 10 issues, AVP: Deadliest Of The Species was 12.

I hope this series continues past 12 or change the title and start another 12 issue run that has some continuity or even set in another time frame.

I wonder who is the person most involved or responsible for Aliens: Defiance? SM, perhaps you know?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed