Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 194,242 times)

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

The tight and accurate use of perspective makes it look like it was laid out using an actual 3-D computer generated environment model, which IMO is not a bad thing.  Looks great.  Love the blur effect.  I'm surprised to see how effective it is on black & white ink work.

HuDaFuK

Personally, I can't wait to see some of these images in colour.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Am I the only one urging for black-and-white comics for a change?

Perfect-Organism

You know, with the comics industry going batty with multiple releases of the EXACT SAME COMIC in multiple different cover versions, why not consider releasing a full-color and a B&W version at the same time?  That would be a fairly unique take.  The B&W version could have a raw and sketchy vibe to it with pencil marks still visible in the background.

It was very cool when Titan recently released Alien: the Illustrated Story this way.  We got to pick the color and B&W versions.

And yes, we can have 2 different covers as well...

Mr. Clemens

I'm really digging the b&w, though I bet the colour will blow me away as well. But if they flat-out stated "this is going to be in b&w", I wouldn't be disappointed at all!

Corporal Hicks

Having seen all this b&w, I'm a little scared to see how it will look coloured. I really hope it looks good. I'd be completely up for a b&w variant too.

Ultramorph

Dark Horse's April 2016 solicitations are up (http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dark-horse-april-2016-solicitations-include-aliens-defiance-house-of-penance-more), and we have the summary, along with a new variant cover by Mark A. Nelson, for Defiance #1!
Spoiler

QuoteColonial Marines aren't trained for this . . .   
Aliens: Defiance #1
Brian Wood (W), Tristan Jones (A), Dan Jackson (C), Massimo Carnevale (Cover), and Mark A. Nelson (Variant cover)
On sale April 27
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Ongoing
Battling demons from her past while fighting for her life, Colonial Marine Private First Class Zula Hendricks, in the company of Weyland-Yutani synthetics, is forced to question her strength and loyalty when the discovery of an insidious alien species on a derelict hauler sends her on a dangerous journey across the stars.
• Brian Wood brings his sharp storytelling to Aliens.
• Rising star Tristan Jones draws the scariest xenomorph you've seen in years
[close]

KiramidHead

The colored art is giving me some Incal vibes. 8)

Corporal Hicks

That is really cool that they've got Mark Nelson to do a cover variant! I've just been re-reading the original Aliens series that he provided the interior art for. Nice callback.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 14, 2016, 07:19:39 PM
Dark Horse's April 2016 solicitations are up (http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dark-horse-april-2016-solicitations-include-aliens-defiance-house-of-penance-more), and we have the summary, along with a new variant cover by Mark A. Nelson, for Defiance #1!
Spoiler

QuoteColonial Marines aren't trained for this . . .   
Aliens: Defiance #1
Brian Wood (W), Tristan Jones (A), Dan Jackson (C), Massimo Carnevale (Cover), and Mark A. Nelson (Variant cover)
On sale April 27
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Ongoing
Battling demons from her past while fighting for her life, Colonial Marine Private First Class Zula Hendricks, in the company of Weyland-Yutani synthetics, is forced to question her strength and loyalty when the discovery of an insidious alien species on a derelict hauler sends her on a dangerous journey across the stars.
• Brian Wood brings his sharp storytelling to Aliens.
• Rising star Tristan Jones draws the scariest xenomorph you've seen in years
[close]

MARK A. NELSON!!!!??!?!??!  This is the best comic news in ages.  Welcome back Mark!  The man who started it all.  Hope he gets to do his own series as well.  I know that was Nelson's art without even reading the post.  Just by looking at it you can tell.  The ridges on the Alien heads are uniquely his..  Awesome!  EPIC!!!

Ultramorph

Corporal Hicks

I've got mine on order from the local already!  ;D

Not Gateway. And not Earth.

HuDaFuK

Really need to get on with pre-ordering this.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jan 13, 2016, 09:10:15 PM
Am I the only one urging for black-and-white comics for a change?

...Apparently so

Corporal Hicks

A couple of us said we'd be up for it.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed