Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 772,007 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I guess we've reached "consensus" then regardless, one Egg, one Facehugger, implanted multiple individuals with only one being successful, originally hidden away somewhere inside the landing gear of the dropship according to the Blu-ray Main Menu. It's also clear the way it's depicted in the Special Edition that it's one creature, using alternate models in the opening, but it works because it's veiled in shadow. I'm also certain the ovipositor only exists so the Queen isn't required to move after every birth anyway.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 12, 2020, 10:13:49 AM
It's also clear the way it's depicted in the Special Edition that it's one creature, using alternate models in the opening, but it works because it's veiled in shadow.

If you're talking about the facehugger, its up to interpretation whether the facehugger we see Murphy holding up is the same as the one we see breaking into the cyrotubes. And they're hardly veiled in shadow.

SM

SM

The super hugger is much bigger than the one on the x-ray in opening titles.

The Old One

The Old One

That's the one shot where it's not veiled in shadow, it's only half a second long while the shot of it in the dark when it looks brown is far longer, and the fact no webbing is present is barely noticeable. I don't know how many hundreds of times I've watched the film before I noticed the rather minute differences with such fast editing. As for the monitor, again it's translucent, blue and inaccurate to the proportions already because we know in hindsight that's not an adult's head.

Alien³

Alien³

The facehugger Murphy holds up is noticeably bigger and even in the screengrab you posted you can see its fingers are not webbed.

The facehugger either morphed from a regular one to the big one, or they're two separate huggers.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Or it's a movie and its a goof, like the Sulaco suddenly being brown.

It's still inconsistent, no different to if they recast Hicks as an African American in a sequel.

Kailem

Kailem

"There are TWO HUGGERS!!"

The Old One

The Old One

More than one Facehugger means no Egg as far as I'm concerned, otherwise showing it is completely pointless, other than showing the audience in a sort of non-diegetic way that the Alien species is present.

As for how egregious the location detail change is, I think it's closer to Logan's claws being bone at the end of The Wolverine and then metal again in Days of Future Past. It's not quite Fury Road level or 343 Industries first Halo level changing the artstyle completely, so when Master Chief awoke, it only kept the core concept.

The most notable change is the design of the Cryotubes. It's just artistic liberty, like the redesign of the Sulaco for the EEV, the designation for the Sulaco written in white on the outside because of the colour tones and the inside of the Sulaco's more hospital white tones, it's just representative.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Alien3 is cryotube dream. 

Leave it at that.

And no royal jelly.

#newtlives

The Old One

The Old One

Just don't post if you're not going to participate seriously. May be other versions of the story, in-between Aliens and Alien³ perhaps. Otherwise? No.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 12, 2020, 12:37:50 PMThat's the one shot where it's not veiled in shadow, it's only half a second long while the shot of it in the dark when it looks brown is far longer, and the fact no webbing is present is barely noticeable.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've always noticed it.

Quote from: Vermillion on Jan 12, 2020, 02:58:23 PMAlien3 is cryotube dream.

Quite possibly.

The Old One

The Old One

Again, if you're contribution isn't serious, get out, we know it happened and all the good stuff to come out of the universe in the past thirty years says as much.
I can't believe I'm even entertaining the concept of it being a dream. It's beyond idiotic baiting and I'm idiotic enough to chase.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

But didn't you used to say that the entire opening sequence was a dream though?

SM

SM

It could be.  But every time she wakes up it's always worse.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Also...

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 12, 2020, 12:37:50 PMAs for the monitor, again it's translucent, blue and inaccurate to the proportions already because we know in hindsight that's not an adult's head.

SM says it could only be Hicks though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed