Was Kane and Oram really equally stupid?

Started by The Cruentus, Mar 19, 2018, 04:16:23 PM

Was Kane and Oram really equally stupid?

Yes, they were both equally stupid.
No, Oram had foreknowledge that Kane didn't yet still looked into the egg.
No, Kane was stupider as he wasn't coaxed into looking into the egg.
Neither of them were stupid, just too curious for their own good.
Author
Was Kane and Oram really equally stupid? (Read 43,326 times)

SM

Even that is confused.  You'd expect the big armoured bugger to be the one impregnating a Queen embryo - not the common or garden variety we see at the start.

Local Trouble

Have I ever told you my theory that it's the same facehugger?

SM

Probably.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2018, 02:41:26 AM
Even that is confused.  You'd expect the big armoured bugger to be the one impregnating a Queen embryo - not the common or garden variety we see at the start.

Agreed, that's true.

But then if we assume it's a different variation on the Facehugger; then amount of impregnations it makes isn't really out of line with the rest of the films but more along the lines of a new addition. There is a problem then however you have to assume the garden variety we see at the beginning is simply a mistake, like the egg- should be the Queen Facehugger.
Oh well, at least it's backlit so it isn't that discernible.

Too bad we never get a close up of this beauty.

SM

The size is pretty discernable if you wanted to get picky.

And I often do.

The Old One

The Old One

I have to disagree, in the shot in the beginning there's no point of reference for it's size.

The giveaway to me is the lack of webbing between the fingers.

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 12, 2018, 02:49:41 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2018, 02:41:26 AM

Agreed, that's true.

But then if we assume it's a different variation on the Facehugger; then amount of impregnations it makes isn't really out of line with the rest of the films but more along the lines of a new addition. There is a problem then however you have to assume the garden variety we see at the beginning is simply a mistake, like the egg- should be the Queen Facehugger.
Oh well, at least it's backlit so it isn't that discernible.

Too bad we never get a close up of this beauty.

Are those barbs I'm seeing near the ends of that finger? Those will definitely tear some scalp.

SM

Yup.

The Queen hugger would also cover someone's face more completely than this.

The Old One

The Old One

How bizarre that they used the Queen Facehugger for the Ox birth but not the Stasis interrupted scene, I wonder why. There's no reason I can think of.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 14, 2017, 01:42:28 PM
My theory is that it started out as the regular-looking version we saw crawling around on the Sulaco.  Then it grew armor, spikes and webbing to adapt to its hostile aquatic environment following the EEV's splashdown.

SM

Also just grew in general.

Local Trouble

Indeed.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2018, 03:28:46 AM
Also just grew in general.

Like a New York rat.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah I can buy that, never thought of it before tho.

Scorpio

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 12, 2018, 03:19:59 AM
How bizarre that they used the Queen Facehugger for the Ox birth but not the Stasis interrupted scene, I wonder why. There's no reason I can think of.

Maybe it grew the webbing later.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed