Recent posts

Quote from: Fulfected on May 17, 2024, 08:09:45 AMGreetings.

I made this account over a month ago, but I haven't posted yet, so I guess I'm new in that sense.

I was a big fan of both franchises while growing up, and were a big part of my teenage years. I fell off after Requiem, and fell back in after being recently introduced to the Alien tabletop RPG.

Spoiler
My username is an portmanteau of a recent development in Alien canon that I find interesting
[close]

Welcome! I'm assuming Fulfremen is in there! Always nice to see other appreciators of the RPG in here.  ;D

Quote from: gold on May 18, 2024, 12:13:53 AMI'm a huge Alien and Aliens fan. Saw them in the cinema back in the 80's and 90's. (Also GB). Currently working on a Colonial Marine outfit for Airsoft. Love the Snow Wolf M41 airsoft that I use for skirmishes. I'd recommend it to any Aliens fan!

Welcome Gold! Always love to see some airsofters in here. I used to go regularly but over the last few years I've not really been. The group I used to go with kind of fell apart/moved away/got divorced so I've not really been as I always found it a social sport and it's just not the same without mates. I've got a Snow Wolf PR that I had gutted and reworked by a technie too. Was great! Did stop firing last time I used it though and haven't taken it back to get looked at yet.  :'(
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 07:47:22 AM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 07:26:43 AMThe time stamps seem to show he'd edited his post almost 50 minutes before you replied, unless I'm missing something.

It's showing that on mine too 😡

@Corporal Hicks can you please check the the comments /edits on your end and confirm that there wasn't any comment manipulation took place on my part when clicking "quote", and that my edits were only for typos and to add "we are all fans here"

I don't care about anyone's stupid squabbles on whether they are or aren't seeing the movie (I've even attempted  to get the thread back on Romulus chat with Romulus discussion) but I'm absolutely NOT having someone edit their comments and then pretend-"call me out" for something I have not done. When I clicked quote, I quoted the message in full. I won't be made out to be a liar for people's dumb-ass arguments, and right now the timestamps are indeed supporting the offender. 😡
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 07:45:24 AM
Right, that's enough of the TrueFan/"consumerism fanboy"/whatever discussion in here. We're all fans and we express it in our ways, based on our circumstances and mentalities at the time. And we should not presume to know those situations in the people we're talking to. No one kind of fan is better than the other. But we can be better people than others and that's in the way we discuss these issues and how considerate and aware we are of the people we're communicating with.

So, please, be the better people and stop antagonizing each other and insulting the way other fans may choose to express their fandom. It genuinely saddens me to see discourse like this, and I expect better of everyone on here.

Any further discussion on the matter will be removed. It's unnecessary and not the point of this thread.
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 07:30:29 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 10, 2024, 10:06:52 PMAIs have more creativity than Larocca if only because they steal from a wider range of content.
Additionally, AI is unable to understand theft is unethical.
Quote from: SM on Feb 10, 2024, 10:06:52 PMAIs have more creativity than Larocca if only because they steal from a wider range of content.
Last post by SiL - Today at 07:26:43 AM
The time stamps seem to show he'd edited his post almost 50 minutes before you replied, unless I'm missing something.
There's a question: is Sal generated art appreciably more ethical than AI generated art?
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by Darwinsgirl - Today at 07:20:37 AM
"It's a rescue mission..we're going to rescue the virginity from some colonists daughters:

Alone  ALIENS
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 07:13:43 AM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Today at 12:50:57 AMWhy did you cut out my clarification of "and shades of grey in between"?

You know that everyone can see when you have edited your comment, and what time you did it, right? It's right there at the top of your post. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 congrats on not only making yourself look like a complete and utter tool, but letting everyone know you are also a liar. At least everyone else here who had differences of opinion with one another had the balls to stand by their opinions/words, and didn't pretend anyone was manipulating your posts when using the quote button. This is a new level of low. 🤣
Old mate Sal would be proud.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed