Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 119,005 times)

The Ghoul

I am very sad right now. I hope its a good movie, however i still would of loved to have a good alien movie again.

Sharp Sticks

Valaquen

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Jan 15, 2011, 05:58:51 AM
So what can the Prometheus title mean? I know it has to do with Greek mythology, and that Mary Shelley's Frankenstein was at some point titled "The Modern Prometheus". So what could it possibly tell us about the movie? Perhaps a discovery that was not meant to fall on human hands?
Prometheus, the bad boy, was a Titan who fought for the Olympians. However, when Zeus decided to wipe out miserable mankind, Prom took pity and passed them the gift of fire. For this he was punished, tethered to a remote peak to be tortured. He was eventually rescued by Herakles. I guess in this case it's a metaphor for humanity getting some high technology from another race, and it having major consequences. All the terraforming and stuff Scott's been talking about likely still stands.

SpaceMarines

Sharp Sticks

The Stacey reference was especially sweet.

Space Sweeper

I had added background music for dramatic irony.

The Ghoul

Sweeps when  i saw that vid, i forgot how to speak because it shown exactly how i feel right now. That vid should be remebered here for all time.

RAPTOR20

RAPTOR20

This is really disappointing. I was really looking forward to an ALien prequel. It seems by all  the news floating around the net that this so-callerd "Prometheus" is an entirely different film. Unless, Prometheus is the new title of the supposed Alien 5 (hopefully). If not I am really disappointed by this move. I mean, what could possibly be "new territory" with a "hint of the alien universe" in it? That doesn't make sense. Its like the Ewok Adventure which was a part of the Star Wars Universe, but in itself was a completely different story. Disappointing. Unless, its totally exploring the Mala'kak Space Jockey race and leaving the xenomorphs completely out of the film or something. Well, I just hope there is some hint of the Alien universe in it. :(

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

idc, we come to this site for aliens and predators, and we run to this site with our mouths drooling to focus an obsessive love of it, especially when we get a prequel reboot to the film and direcector that started it all. we were anticipating an alien prequel, now we're all filled with discontent and remorse. we wanted aliens so im gonna assume this is a croc of shit -rumore-enternent gossip horseshit and we're still gonna get alien. if it is true i guesse ridley knew fox would just pull one of the corporate plot cluster f**ks

Huol

Huol

I always lol at the officer speaking as fast as he can to make Hitler feel better.

marrerom

this is such bullsh!t. they hyped up the fan community for over a year and then drop the whole concept to do completely unrelated work?

i know Scott was toying around with the idea of doing a spin off film about Ripley... is that was this might be like? some sort of sidequel that takes place in the same universe as Alien?

all my anticipation just went out the window.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

"It's just.. I waited months in anticipation is all... Act heartbroken."
[Officer slowly puts his hand over his heart]
"..Great, now act nervous."
[Officer pulls on his collar]
"Now, I know we're all heartbroken and nervous,"

I was quite pleased with that part.  :laugh:

Sharp Sticks

Even with all those Hitler videos swimming around on the net, you managed to make yours innately distinctive. Kudos on that, very professional.

samoht

That video was f**king awesome.

That is exactly how I felt. (but a but more exaggerated)

I'm getting more and more disappointed about this.

What the f**k. I was looking forward to this f**king movie.

Now i'll be haunted by visions of AVPR aliens masturbating on the Giger original for ever.

Darkness

This is truly terrible news.

How can the movie take place in the same universe if it doesn't feature the Alien creatures and/or the space jockeys.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed