Prey
0 (0%)
AVP
8 (19.5%)
AVPR
23 (56.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
AVPGALAXYS most HATED Alien/Predator/AVP film (Read 4,057 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 13, 2023, 03:43:46 PM
Quote from: Exposedoldgregg on Sep 13, 2023, 12:15:04 PMI'm honestly surprised Resurrection hasn't gotten more votes. Though not The Predator level it is easily the one I go back and watch the least.
It doesn't ruin any of the other movies since it's so far in the future

And it looks great and has some interesting ideas going for it, despite its middling script.

The Predator is just insufferable.

Exposedoldgregg

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 13, 2023, 06:48:30 PM
Quote from: Exposedoldgregg on Sep 13, 2023, 12:15:04 PMI'm honestly surprised Resurrection hasn't gotten more votes. Though not The Predator level it is easily the one I go back and watch the least.

And it looks great and has some interesting ideas going for it, despite its middling script.

The Predator is just insufferable.

I do agree with you there :)

Wweyland

It did leave a dent in the EU that's still difficult to explain.

Blackdawn

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jun 21, 2023, 04:22:48 PMCovenant, Pred2018 and AVPR
Covenant and Pred2018 both butcher the mythos and mystery as well as general appeal of the 2 iconic creatures.
AVPR is self explanatory

Sure, Prometheus set the seeds for one, or maybe AVP and AR are worse than one of those 3, but none of them had as much of a lasting negative impact on the franchise as the 3 I mentioned, we are gonna have to deal with the bad lore of David making the Aliens and of Preds being dumb DNA collectors for years to come.

David made another form of the Xenomorph. It wasn't a traditional chestburster that came out but a fully formed xeno. Now, books or comics I can't tell you about. I'm just strictly going off that movie.

My Dad likes it cause of the humor. "Is that tobacco in your respirator?" And I liked it in general as a separate movie itself. Now part of Alien universe...well, nah. But it was a nice looking movie.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 13, 2023, 10:19:20 PMIt did leave a dent in the EU that's still difficult to explain.

SiL

There is no contempt like that of a 90's Alien film's contempt towards the expanded universe.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 13, 2023, 10:19:20 PM
It did leave a dent in the EU that's still difficult to explain.
Simple! We don't explain, we shouldn't try crossing over 100 years post Aliens/Alien 3

littlesprout

Just rewatched A:R for the first time in years after someone...
Spoiler
[cancerblack]
[close]
Made me start doubting myself and think, "maybe the film isn't as bad as I remember it and I'm being overly critical."

Turns out it's still Alien Resurrection.

And if I had to rank my least favorite in order it would be: The Predator, AVPR, A:R

[cancerblack]

Quote from: littlesprout on Sep 15, 2023, 07:04:02 PMTurns out it's still Alien Resurrection.

"And that's a good thing".

littlesprout

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 15, 2023, 08:08:53 PM
Quote from: littlesprout on Sep 15, 2023, 07:04:02 PMTurns out it's still Alien Resurrection.

"And that's a good thing".

*facepalms with the release of a heavy sigh

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed