facehuggers as pets.

Started by OpenMaw, Sep 29, 2022, 04:28:14 PM

Author
facehuggers as pets. (Read 2,498 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I was thinking about Half-Life 2. There are some very H.R. Giger connections there. Indeed, if you look at the original textures for the headcrabbed zombies the "face" of the scientist comes through on the "top" of the headcrab as an eye socket/skull look, very similar to Big Chap.

Anyway. Dr. Kleiner keeps one of the headcrabs as a pet. He says she's been "Debeaked." Which I take to mean "she" can no longer attack a victim and take over their nervous system.

I thought... I wonder if the same could be done to a facehugger. Supposing you could capture one, restrain it, and eliminate its means of impregnating, could they become a domesticated "pet" animal? Would they have a particularly long life cycle once removed from the egg if not forced to deliver their goods right away? Even with its primary motive in life removed, would it still seek to serve the alien species in some other manner?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Did you watch Alien Alone? Or read The Cold Forge?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 29, 2022, 04:32:01 PMDid you watch Alien Alone? Or read The Cold Forge?

I have not.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I feel like there's a difference between Lamar the headcrab slobbering ineffectively on craniums and a sexless hugger still trying to smother peoples faces.

Headcrabs also seem to have some manner of gaining sustenance without a host, facehuggers I'm not so sure about. Aliens suggests they have at least a bit of a shelf life once hatched, as long as they don't blow their load.

Then there's the media Blue mentions.

Chieftain Suom

Chieftain Suom

Like this!!??

https://alternativemagazine.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/outforawalk.jpg

PS this image is from an Alien children's picture book titled The Alien Next Door.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Chieftain Suom on Sep 29, 2022, 08:59:33 PMhttps://alternativemagazine.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/outforawalk.jpg

PS this image is from an Alien children's picture book titled The Alien Next Door.

Haha! My ex got that for me the statue of that about a year ago. I have it on my shelf.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 29, 2022, 07:13:40 PMI feel like there's a difference between Lamar the headcrab slobbering ineffectively on craniums and a sexless hugger still trying to smother peoples faces.

That may be a case of training being required. Or maybe liek with other exotic pets you have to get them a "thing" to inflict their instinctive behavior on. A mounting mold or something. Also it's possible if you removed their reproductive organs they might lose the urge to mount completely. Like how fixed dogs tend to be less frisky with the furniture.

Chieftain Suom

Chieftain Suom

Quote from: OpenMaw on Sep 30, 2022, 03:56:00 AM
Quote from: Chieftain Suom on Sep 29, 2022, 08:59:33 PMhttps://alternativemagazine.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/outforawalk.jpg

Haha! My ex got that for me the statue of that about a year ago. I have it on my shelf.

Same! Mine is on my desk at work haha

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Not sure if it would be possible, in bug hunt, (canon-grey area) facehuggers that have had their tube (and tail I think?) cut off, were still hostile. They couldn't implant anyone but they would use their digits to crush kneecaps and render prey crippled for the non-mutilated facehuggers.

So even if you cut out the "weapons" of it, it will still be a hostile life form, also it could still chemically kill you via the cynose based sedative.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

You could 'neuter' what it's capable of doing, but that wouldn't do anything to remove its instinct. It would still have every desire to leap on the nearest living orifice and do its thing.

It can't impregnate? It could still suffocate victims. It wouldn't need an ovipositor to do that.

It wouldn't perceive any reason to do anything else. That's its sole desire. You can't train it, because it doesn't respond to food, drink and so on. They don't comprehend affection. Maybe if you could set up some sort of neurological link to it, but what would be the point of it?

Jumping on the nearest face/whatever is all it would understand a need to do. That's its only purpose.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Yep, it would still be a threat. I think it would be easier to train an adult alien  :laugh:  since they are intelligent enough to operate stuff and learn by observing. Huggers have some cunning and intelligence for ambushing, but they mostly instinctual creatures, they have only that one purpose.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: The Cruentus on Nov 10, 2022, 12:29:13 PMI think it would be easier to train an adult alien  :laugh:  since they are intelligent enough to operate stuff and learn by observing.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Alone did a similar concept in which it was a facehugger and a synthetic character. I actually really enjoyed it - low budget limitations, taken into account.

I think there's something to the concept as portrayed in Alone, but I'm not sure about "neutering" the facehuggers so they'd be harmless to humans. As poor as Bug Hunt was in general, the idea of neutered facehuggers actively trying to disable hosts for other facehuggers is really interesting to me.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Really loved Alone; the best of the Tongal shorts, in my opinion.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Same actually. Just needed a facehugger than was a little more articulated on the legs. But all things considered it was fantastic. Loved how different it was.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Specimen stays number one for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed