Predator skill......

Started by Cpl Hudson, Jun 10, 2007, 11:40:14 AM

Author
Predator skill...... (Read 3,173 times)

Cpl Hudson

Cpl Hudson

This is just a rant about something ive wanted to see in the Predator franchise since i became a fan.  Every predator kill you see is either from distance using thrown weapons or the shoulder cannon, or up close an personal, and is usually over pretty quickly with a quick swipe of the wristblades etc.

In predator 2 and Avp we see a wide range of predators, some of which have intriguing looking spears and shortsword/machetes.  We also see at the end with the fight with danny glover in Predator 2 that they are capable of a drawn out fight with hand to hand weapons (wristblade vs Disc) however this fight is somewhat sloppy due to both participants being pretty much FUBAR.

What i'd love to see in either AvP2 or predator 3 (if it happens)  is for a predator to show some skill and flair with its weapons, like a drawn out sword fight with a worthy opponent, whether it be a human or another predator i dont care!  But for a Predator to show some serious swordsmanship would make my day!!  What do u guys think?

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Personally I wouldn't like that. I don't want the Predator to go all samurai with swords. All he needs to do is a simple and badass execution to acquire his trophy.

Quote from: Cpl Hudson on Jun 10, 2007, 11:40:14 AM
We also see at the end with the fight with danny glover in Predator 2 that they are capable of a drawn out fight with hand to hand weapons (wristblade vs Disc)

The Predator should have won that fight. Given his strength and speed he could have knocked the Disk out of Harrigan's hand. But no, you see the Predator swinging his wristblade around with the collision between the two weapons indicating no real strength difference.

Predboy

Predboy

In all the predator movies, the predator was suppose to win, but noooooo, its always the good guys that has to win. >:(

Ansul

Ansul

I think another Celtic vs. Grid kind of thing would be more interesting. That was really climactic (Or however you spell it) If it involved one type of weapon throughout only one fight that would only show that they are biased towards that weapon, that's what I think, anyway.

I think that watching a Pred go all out on an Alien would be cool. All weapons, all skills, versus one of those Grid types of Aliens, the REALLY bad ass ones that deserve rigid edged heads. That is the determination of how long an Alien has been around, right?

Predboy

Predboy

I want to see a predator fight an alien, with no weapons, just his hands and feet. It would make the fight last long, hopefully, and would be more entertaining.

CelticWarrior

CelticWarrior

i root for the preds every time.  "Good Guys" can go screw themselves.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Dekapitator on Jun 10, 2007, 12:06:34 PMThe Predator should have won that fight. Given his strength and speed he could have knocked the Disk out of Harrigan's hand. But no, you see the Predator swinging his wristblade around with the collision between the two weapons indicating no real strength difference.

The predator was winning right until the very end.

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

But how was he winning? It seemed that during the duel itself, Harrigan had his chances aswell. But there really shouldn't have been much of a contest. He was facing something way stronger and faster than him.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Dekapitator on Jun 14, 2007, 09:41:49 AM
But how was he winning? It seemed that during the duel itself, Harrigan had his chances aswell. But there really shouldn't have been much of a contest. He was facing something way stronger and faster than him.

Give the guy a break.  :P  He only had one arm and was wounded from mutliple shotgun blasts.  He still overpowered Harrigan - sending him flying and slashing his chest.  I didn't see Harrigan winning in any point in the battle.  Believe me I've watched that scene enough times to know.  :P

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

And Harrigan was exhausted. If the Predator still had the strength to destroy that gun he could have knocked the Disk out of Harrigan's hand. Watch the duel and you'll see that when the two weapons clash there's no indication of any real strength difference. That's what I'm taling about.

Master Chief

Master Chief

thats true...harrigan's arm should've been hurt after the first melee between the two. Remember how far P2 threw him while he was lying on his back after the gun shot wounds?  Should've been no contest.

gameoverman

gameoverman

I don't know, but I could think of other explanations as to why the Predator seemed equally matched to Harrigan during that fight.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: gameoverman on Jun 14, 2007, 10:56:06 PM
I don't know, but I could think of other explanations as to why the Predator seemed equally matched to Harrigan during that fight.

I'd like to hear your thoughts..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed