Anyone else hates the xenomorph design on Covenant?

Started by rafaelgg, Mar 03, 2019, 09:23:07 PM

Author
Anyone else hates the xenomorph design on Covenant? (Read 13,632 times)

Samhain13

Just let it go before this becomes a canon thread.  :D

Frosty Venom

Hey I didn't start this, I said resurrected/created. I didn't say one or the other was correct.

Drukathi

Quote from: Nostromo on Mar 27, 2019, 02:28:06 PM
The design in Alien Covenant absolutely sucked. Head looks like black matte plastic, body is really skinny, and it moved like a complete turd with all that CGI crap except in a few scenes. Pretty much the same sh!t from Alien 3.

The more I read about Alien Covenant, the more I find a similar details between AC and A3.

irn

There are so many glaring inconsistencies that it makes you wonder if anyone really does look at overarching quality control for the franchise. Or has it gone the way of just doing what seems cool for an individual movie without considering the details of the rest?

Samhain13

Quote from: irn on Mar 28, 2019, 03:10:34 PM
There are so many glaring inconsistencies that it makes you wonder if anyone really does look at overarching quality control for the franchise. Or has it gone the way of just doing what seems cool for an individual movie without considering the details of the rest?

Pretty much yeah.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Mar 27, 2019, 09:28:42 AM
Quote from: Frosty Venom on Mar 27, 2019, 09:22:43 AM
David having not yet put the bio-mechanical finishing touches on his Xenomorph creation to evolve it into what we see in the original films is fan theory.
Him creating the Alien is stated in the film (might be wrong, whatever; point is, that's what the film itself says); him reusing or rediscovering designs isn't.

[Breathlessly bursts into the thread, makes some post about the overarching franchise and David being wrong and a bunch of other stuff, vanishes into the night]

Spoiler
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
[close]

PsyKore

Quote from: Drukathi on Mar 28, 2019, 10:45:36 AM
Quote from: Nostromo on Mar 27, 2019, 02:28:06 PM
The design in Alien Covenant absolutely sucked. Head looks like black matte plastic, body is really skinny, and it moved like a complete turd with all that CGI crap except in a few scenes. Pretty much the same sh!t from Alien 3.

The more I read about Alien Covenant, the more I find a similar details between AC and A3.

Some of us really dig the design of the A3 Alien. ;D If you're talking effects, then Alien 3 is nowhere in the same league as Covenant's effects.

Necronomicon II

The biomechanical styling of some of the Juggernauts such as the derelict suggests the aesthetic had existed but the engineers were yet to execute it with their creatures, David is simply completing their work whilst adding his own psychosexual fevers into the mix.

Drukathi

I finally understand - why I love a fleshy Proto/Xenomorph from Covenant. Because it's very neat and elegant. Like Big Chap, but only fleshy instead biomechanical. Much better than all ADI's fleshy aliens. I love them too, but Covenant's fleshy aliens are just perfect.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed it is elegant.

bobby brown

I enjoy it too. I actually prefer the design of the CGI render.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed