Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 964,545 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Keg on Jan 08, 2015, 02:17:44 AM
Its not like it feels like your playing a re-skinned AC is it?

That's exactly what it feels like.

Sabby

Sabby

I forgot how pretty Arkham Origins was on the PC when you turn on PhysX. Smoke, mist, paper, snow, all flying around during the fights.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 08, 2015, 03:12:38 AM
Quote from: Keg on Jan 08, 2015, 02:17:44 AM
Its not like it feels like your playing a re-skinned AC is it?

That's exactly what it feels like.

I dont think it does because the games got a completely different aesthetic which makes me forget about the similarities in gameplay. Same way I can play two different FPS games with the same control scheme (lets face it most of them now have very very similar control schemes) and they can feel completely different. Each to their own.

Sabby

Sabby

I like when other companies straight lift gameplay, because they may do it better or just differently. When I found Origins wasn't being done by Rocksteady, I thought "Hey, maybe they'll get rid of the obnoxious movement controls". They didn't, but the hope was there :P

Keg

Keg

Pretty much every open world, modern day crime game owes everything to GTA and theres some great ones so lifting from other games. Actually speaking of which Sleeping Dogs was f**king fantastic and that also used the fighting system from the Batman games. Nothing original in that game at all but all the pieces came together and made for a superb game.

Sabby

Sabby

Everything owes something to something, but when it becomes blatant, then you pretty much have to be good at it. Yes, every open world crime game owes a lot to GTA, but Mafia 2 takes even the presentation. It was a good game though, so I give it a pass.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix

Fallout: New Vegas

Jak II HD

Keg

Keg

Anyway funnily enough im actually replaying Shadow Of Mordor right now. I loved it the first time but because its so easy to spend hours and hours just messing about the story felt really disjointed and I kept forgetting why one mission had led to another. This time i did the first two missions and then messed about doing everything else on the first map and im going to play the rest of the story missions all together one after another. Gonna do the same on the second map and ill probably enjoy the narrative (not that its anything special to be fair) a bit more this way.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Does that play like the Elder Scrolls games?

Nightlord

Nightlord

Nope; it's Arkham combat with Asscreed wall climbing.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Alien Isolation.

I did it!

I got that achievement, and then I got the final achievement that was to die 100 times, through survivor. I've 100% completed Alien Isolation.

Still in Survivor mode I was playing Basement as Parker (cause I really wanna talk about the bonus situation) and after more tries I actually came in 31st on the best score leaderboard, a new personal best for me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightlord on Jan 08, 2015, 10:14:29 PM
Nope; it's Arkham combat with Asscreed wall climbing.

So it plays more like third-person adventure than first-person RPG?

First Blood

First Blood

Yes.

There are hardly RPG elements at all.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Destiny, played a bit with Vakarian today, and I finally got the gun I've always wanted, The Last Word. Vakarian was a Bladedancer Hunter with the exotic handcannon Thorn and I was my Striker Titan with exotic handcannon The Last Word. There was some shootin', and there was some dancin'.

Minecraft, I played a little, but I don't really want to get back into it until an update fixes some bugs, horses vanishing (unless they have a name tag), pistons being unresponsive (a huge pain in the ass for redstone builds), there are other bugs besides that and I checked to see if I was the only one, I'm not.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Just about to start some battlefield 4, it's been a while

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed