The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 02, 2018, 09:03:31 PM

Author
The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March (Read 92,940 times)

Wweyland

Quote from: EVIL the PREDATOR on Feb 03, 2018, 09:25:18 PM
Iv heard from numerous people on Reddit that Dutch is in it at the end , not sure it's true , but the rumours must be coming from somewhere . It doesn't have to be Arnold schwarzenegger playing Dutch but it would be nice .. the fact there are reshoots happening is slightly promising as well, something somewhere clearly wasn't working . It's good the studios have bit the bullet and decided to clean it up , what ever that may be . I'm still concerned about the super predator however , and rogue predators using machine guns ! not cool !

No point in having a Dutch cameo if it isn't Arnold. A CGI Arnold would not make sense either, it would be too expensive for a cameo. I am neutral about this but would be nice to see confirmation that Dutch is still alive and kicking. Arnold has done a lot of cameos before so I can see this happening. Also, a few weeks of reshoots in an end of a production is not uncommon, I think Marvel does it for all it's movies.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2018, 02:58:16 PM
Quote from: ace3g on Feb 04, 2018, 02:34:42 AM
https://twitter.com/JacobTremblay/status/959966848673394689

*Added image. Hicks.

As an FYI as I didn't recognise it. RidgeTop pointed out that this is actually an existing fan made design and not related to the film.

Oh ok ! I love it !

XENOMORPHOSIS

There was a post on this website featuring Jacob Tremblay and the Predator sign on set, not sure why it was removed.

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

Vickers they were not the box office success fox thought they would be . Prometheus did fairly well , but predators and especially alien covenant massively underperformed . All I'm saying is expect this film to be on par with them box office wise. And you can say we shouldn't rip it apart before we have seen it , but maybe fox should be more careful about leaking the entire script . .

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Feb 04, 2018, 05:52:59 PM
There was a post on this website featuring Jacob Tremblay and the Predator sign on set, not sure why it was removed.

It was just fanart so I removed it.

Darkoo

I wonder how much did the movie cost?
Back in June, Olivia Munn said, the Predator was big, real expensive movie.
source: https://www.mensfitness.com/life/entertainment/olivia-munn-training-battle-predator-her-amazing-unseen-x-men-fight-scene-workout

I think It's minimum US$100 million.
Plus this 3 weeks additional shooting... not a cheap thing. Plus marketing..
We need a big box office sucess. (at least Mad Max Fury Road worldwide box office  numbers)  Shane Black is under pressure...

Doomofman

Quote from: Darkoo on Feb 04, 2018, 06:31:03 PM
I wonder how much did the movie cost?
Back in June, Olivia Munn said, the Predator was big, real expensive movie.
source: https://www.mensfitness.com/life/entertainment/olivia-munn-training-battle-predator-her-amazing-unseen-x-men-fight-scene-workout

I think It's minimum US$100 million.
Plus this 3 weeks additional shooting... not a cheap thing. Plus marketing..
We need a big box office sucess. (at least Mad Max Fury Road worldwide box office  numbers)  Shane Black is under pressure...

I doubt Fox would throw $100m at a Predator movie when the last few Predator/AVP movies made an average of around $150m worldwide... It's gonna be more teh $40/50m range at most

black

Why then Black subscribed to this if the predators had the same budget?

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

Yeah it will be a bigger budget than predators , I think budget wise we are talking about the same amount alien covenant received .. And that film failed miserably but to be honest bad writing is bad writing , doesn't matter how much you throw at it , if the plot is weak , so is the film . Period . Iv said it before I'll say it again. You can't dismiss what the fans want and expect it to be a success, can you imagine the backlash from Star Wars fans , if it happened to that franchise ? We would never hear the end of it , Some things are fundamental to character design , if you go too far From the source material people will hate it on that basis alone . Predator is suppose to be mysterious,  instead what we have now is a dumbed down monster movie .

Hollywood

Quote from: EVIL the PREDATOR on Feb 04, 2018, 08:39:58 PM
Predator is suppose to be mysterious,

Every fan has an idea of what it should be but there's only so much mystery you can have after the first film while also tapping into unmined territory in the franchise. Maybe it'd be more mysterious if you didn't read the script ahead of time?

Quoteinstead what we have now is a dumbed down monster movie .

Without spoilers, how do you figure it's dumbed down compared to the first film? What kind of sequel do you want to see that fixes this?

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

well look consider this Hollywood , let's not beat about the bush , the original predator plot was simple and more of a war film with sci of elements , that created an air of mystery for most of the film , the big reveal being at the end, and It worked. It was only dutch's cleverness and creativity that defeated predator. Predator was also a product of its time , with war entrenched in the American mind. I feel things of today are not that different .. what would I do differently ? Well considering the situation in the Middle East , and it being a warm climate and violent, it seems to me the perfect setting for a dark gritty predator film . Mexico also comes to mind . It's a new setting and frankly if predator was real and here today , you could bet your life that's where he would go hunting . Building of predator 2s lost tribe for me should of been the way to go . Predator 1 & 2 both established why they come here , that we are the ultimate prey and they have a code of honour , and will never break it even if it means defeat . So with out giving spoilers away , you and I both know this new film isn't following that.. that's where things fall apart . If your not going to bother pleasing the core fan base , why bother making a predator film at all ? You could still make your film , without sabotaging a beloved franchise . There are so many great story lines established by dark horse , marvel have done it with the MCU , why can't predator have some of that cake ?

Jesscobb

Evil,yah summed it up perfectly.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: Jesscobb on Feb 04, 2018, 10:48:13 PM
Evil,yah summed it up perfectly.

Can you answer my last 2 questions then? Without spoilers, though, I'm genuinely curious as to what you mean.

Quote from: EVIL the PREDATOR on Feb 04, 2018, 10:40:37 PM
well look consider this Hollywood , let's not beat about the bush , the original predator plot was simple and more of a war film with sci of elements ,
I considered it a model "Arnold" film more than a "war" film. Its setup played it straightforward but the military conflict was not conventional for a war film. McTiernan didn't even like the way the first battle was shot with the guerillas due to the repeated static shots and explosions. Plus, could you imagine if Saving Private Ryan or Apocalypse Now had lines like "Stick Around" and "Knock, Knock"?

Quotethat created an air of mystery for most of the film , the big reveal being at the end, and It worked.

How significant is the big reveal if the film opens with a spaceship flying by Earth? Even if it didn't, the mystery is gone as as soon as Hawkins dies, imo. We see a cloaked hand grab him by the foot and five minutes later we see the eyes flash at Mac when Blain dies. If this were truly mysterious we would have watched most of the film thinking it was a typical war film until Arnold sees the Predator for the first time after the waterfall scene. I saw this film when I was seven and understood it was a sci-fi film in the first 20 seconds, though.

QuoteIt was only dutch's cleverness and creativity that defeated predator.
I don't see how this tidbit helps your argument at all.

QuotePredator was also a product of its time , with war entrenched in the American mind. I feel things of today are not that different .. what would I do differently ? Well considering the situation in the Middle East , and it being a warm climate and violent, it seems to me the perfect setting for a dark gritty predator film . Mexico also comes to mind . It's a new setting and frankly if predator was real and here today , you could bet your life that's where he would go hunting.
You'd set the entire film in one location? Doesn't Edward James Olmos' character play a role that signifies that the predator is clearly going where conflict is present? And not in the US? Also, how does your suggestion here improve the mystery of the predator? And how does that plotline guarantee the film wouldn't be a "dumb monster movie" if not just a repetition of Predator 2? Is the location all that sets it apart?

QuoteBuilding of predator 2s lost tribe for me should of been the way to go . Predator 1 & 2 both established why they come here ,
It established why some of them have come here. Who is to say different individuals of the same species cannot have different motivations? Are Predators hive minded? I don't read their comics, so if they are, that's surprising.

Quotethat we are the ultimate prey and they have a code of honour , and will never break it even if it means defeat . So with out giving spoilers away , you and I both know this new film isn't following that..
Predators are hive minded then? How does that make sense? And if this film deviates from their code of honor, are you saying they're coming to Earth simply to kill a bunch of people without prejudice and without reason? Is that why it's dumbed down?

Quotethat's where things fall apart . If your not going to bother pleasing the core fan base ,
The core fan base agrees each predator acts the same way? Isn't there something about berserkers in the extended lore?

Quotewhy bother making a predator film at all ?
To attract new fans to the franchise?

QuoteYou could still make your film , without sabotaging a beloved franchise .
If anything, the first movie is beloved, everything else is divisive at best and already sabotaged the first by your logic. However, imo no amount of AVP or AVP2 can ruin what is and always will be 'Predator.'

QuoteThere are so many great story lines established by dark horse , marvel have done it with the MCU , why can't predator have some of that cake ?
Which dark horse stories would you like to see that'd reestablish mystery?

I appreciate your concise opinion but nothing you said illuminated your claims of the lost opportunity for mystery nor did it shine light on how this film is reduced to a dumb monster movie.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Some of the secrets about Predators should rather be left alone, I dont want to see Predators in their bathroom, I dont want to see Predators working in factory, I dont want to see them when they sleep or something, I dont want to know too much about them or directly about their planets, why? Because I have fear that Predator as a reptyle like humanoid extraterrestial should be different than us, and honestly with everything that could a movie like this tell us about him is just made him even less interesting. I have fear that this will only made him more humanoid, more like us and our f**king society. Really, I have serious fear that they (Director, studio etc.) dont have balls big enough to create something trustfull, at least in the terms of Predator culture, their mythology or anything that could expand our idea about their lives as a whole species. First of all, they (Director, studio etc.) have problems to even establish the "classic lore" things that should be basically in every Predator movie. Classic lore things? Yes, basic yet fundamental things that should work everytime and everywhere because they are a sort of rules that define something but, to the point. . stuff like collecting skulls and whole hunting purpose will be entirely different in this new movie, its changed because now it will be explained. The whole purpose of all encounters with our extraterrestial friends is totally changed now, and its not working with the previous Predator films. . and this is problem. I dont want to go into the details, those who read the script propably know. But I think its super dissapointing, me personally. . I dont have words how sad I am. What did I say about these classic lore things that are so f**king important? If not this, than the other problem is with the whole "Code of honor" concept, it seems be will also see changes here, so Predators and their both personal and fighting behaviour will be changed here too. It would make a sense if there will be a different Predator group, clan or culture. . but again, I highly doubt that these changes will be applied only on these "Bad blood" rogue ones, I have fear that now every Predator could be a human's best friend; back to back stuff etc. Predators holding a human weapons etc. I was expecting just a pure bloody and action, sci-fi movie with serious horror smell around it. I was expecting more Predators, their new weapons and tools, new ways how to kill its prey, new muscular, testosterone actor(s) just anything based on the style of Predator 2, because in my eyes the second movie really show us how a proper continuation of this movie "idea" should look like. Of course, original Predator is and always will be the best. But I just want to point out on some major factors that made the Predator so unique, and I want also remind everyone that Predator originally meant to represent a fight between two natural enemies, thats why we call this alien hunter a "Predator". . technically its his name, but because the Predator is everytime trying to find its biggest prey, he basically ended up fighting against even bigger threat, and in the end we have a two predators fighting against each other. . in one case its against Dutch, in another against Harrigan. The film doesnt tell you who is the true predator, because every living organism have its natural predator. Its a little phoetic if we really deeply think about it. All these movies continue somehow with this idea, even the third Predators film was partially about this. . yes, of course third Predator film show us an entirely different way of hunt, different methods. . it was without any honor, but it was like that just because it was a whole movie about these different Predators. It was meant to portreit some old Predator race war or something, and it did that. . but, it didnt destroy the already established Predator franchise, and I dont know if I can say the same for the new Shane Black film, me personally. . I dont know if the leaked script was fully, I mean really fully true, and I also dont know what I feel more about this, If I feel a uge fear that this movie will be a disaster or if I feel a true excitement about an another Predator story. Thx for reading this.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

I totally understand the hate, frustration of fans because of the the leaked script. We fans really care for Predator, and we are very sensitive about every changes that could mean something bad. We want a serious movie, not something between it. Every step to expand Predator universe could be risky, but it should not be painful in the first place. And some of these leaked informations are really dissapointing. Script is so crazy and over the top that I will rather forgot on it and act like it was just a bad dream, joke or something. We need a trailer ASAP after that we can say or think about ir much more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed