X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 150,241 times)

Cellien

Cellien

TBH, I am looking forward to the X1 as it feels like it could be a truly new experience.  Putting every player at the same level with internet access and Kinect functionality makes me excited about the possibilities of future games.  But maybe it turns out to suck, maybe it doesn't work out, I don't know...  but I fear the PS4 is just a small iterative leap from the PS3.  I like my PS3, but I don't enjoy the whole ecosystem as much as I do the 360.  The 360 opened a lot of doors and innovation in the console space that competitors slowly followed.  I think the X1 has the potential to really do that again and feel truly 'next-gen'.

I'm not happy about the DRM stuff, I like Sony's stance better but really... I'm used to Steam so I don't care about the online checks that much.  I rarely trade or sell my games: I collect them, so I'm not exactly worried about the used game market.  The only real thing I'm concerned about is in 10-15 years, will my X1 games still work?  I still have a PS1, 3DO, N64, NES etc etc and I can play all the games still, but I admit I don't often but its still nice to know I can.  I really just want MS to come out and say that that isn't something we need to worry about - that we'll be able to play the games forever.  Then, I'll have nearly no regrets with getting the X1. 

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I bet he still rents movies from Netflix or buys anything used on E-Bay which makes him a huge hypocrite.

NotSafeZone

NotSafeZone

Well, I guess the XBox One is good for one thing:

It's causing everyone to show their true colors. :P

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Well it's Cliffy B, the creator of Gears of War saying this. I'm not surprise that he is going to suck Microsoft's dick.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Gears of War was an Xbox exclusive I believe so it is to be expected.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

The only thing I am bothered about being Xbone exclusive is KI...

Aspie

Aspie

MOAR BASHING

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: Cellien on Jun 13, 2013, 04:40:51 PM
TBH, I am looking forward to the X1 as it feels like it could be a truly new experience.  Putting every player at the same level with internet access and Kinect functionality makes me excited about the possibilities of future games.  But maybe it turns out to suck, maybe it doesn't work out, I don't know...  but I fear the PS4 is just a small iterative leap from the PS3.  I like my PS3, but I don't enjoy the whole ecosystem as much as I do the 360.  The 360 opened a lot of doors and innovation in the console space that competitors slowly followed.  I think the X1 has the potential to really do that again and feel truly 'next-gen'.

I'm not happy about the DRM stuff, I like Sony's stance better but really... I'm used to Steam so I don't care about the online checks that much.  I rarely trade or sell my games: I collect them, so I'm not exactly worried about the used game market.  The only real thing I'm concerned about is in 10-15 years, will my X1 games still work?  I still have a PS1, 3DO, N64, NES etc etc and I can play all the games still, but I admit I don't often but its still nice to know I can.  I really just want MS to come out and say that that isn't something we need to worry about - that we'll be able to play the games forever.  Then, I'll have nearly no regrets with getting the X1. 

Quiet Cellien, your being rational!

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I've come to wonder if people are actually overreacting.

I mean, checking in online to play every 24 hours isn't that bad. To play online multiplayer for an xbox 360 you would need a constant internet connection anyway, and a lot of the time I start online to see who is online.

As far as used games go, they ain't charging us money anymore, and if I remember correctly getting permission to use a used game is more up to the publishers than Microsoft itself. On top of that, I collect my games and I don't share as no one ever asks. And if I heard correctly any number of accounts within the family are free from the used game stuff, something along those lines.

And the Kinect thing, it has settings so supposedly it only has as much power as you let it have, or you could just turn it around.

Plus, while I love PS4's "console of the people" stance, I have never given a single shit about it's exclusives like Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy. And apparently Elderscrolls online will be for Xbox One as well.

If you haven't guessed already I've gone back to being indecisive, but thankfully I have lots of time, and World of Tanks for 360 is of greater priority at the moment.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jun 13, 2013, 10:19:01 PM
I've come to wonder if people are actually overreacting.

I mean, checking in online to play every 24 hours isn't that bad. To play online multiplayer for an xbox 360 you would need a constant internet connection anyway, and a lot of the time I start online to see who is online.

As far as used games go, they ain't charging us money anymore, and if I remember correctly getting permission to use a used game is more up to the publishers than Microsoft itself. On top of that, I collect my games and I don't share as no one ever asks. And if I heard correctly any number of accounts within the family are free from the used game stuff, something along those lines.

And the Kinect thing, it has settings so supposedly it only has as much power as you let it have, or you could just turn it around.

Plus, while I love PS4's "console of the people" stance, I have never given a single shit about it's exclusives like Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy. And apparently Elderscrolls online will be for Xbox One as well.

If you haven't guessed already I've gone back to being indecisive, but thankfully I have lots of time, and World of Tanks for 360 is of greater priority at the moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j4rCOzXJZg#

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I'm questioning first, shooting later.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

SHOOT FIRST ASK QUESTIONS NEVER

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed