Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Potter spinoff)

Started by scarhunter92, Sep 12, 2013, 01:53:53 PM

Author
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Potter spinoff) (Read 23,053 times)

Vertigo

Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2018, 11:52:47 AMJohnny Depp's charismatic villain has the charisma of a bull's scrotum lounging erotically on a daybed.

:laugh: :laugh:

Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2018, 11:52:47 AMBut the film ... somehow is both 30 minutes too long and thirty minutes too short.

Yeah, I think I'd agree with that. Plot needed more fleshing out and explaining, yet also, it was already a long enough thing to sit through. Again, just wished I was reading it.

bb-15

Quote from: Vertigo on Nov 21, 2018, 12:01:08 PM
Plot needed more fleshing out and explaining, yet also, it was already a long enough thing to sit through. Again, just wished I was reading it.

"Crimes" is definitely not a basic hero's journey script which is often the basis of today's blockbusters.
In terms of complexity "Crimes" reminded me of middle franchise/continuing story films like "Empire Strikes Back" and "Godfather II".
But it is nowhere near as good (it is no "Two Towers" either).
These days a multiple thread story like "Crimes" would be on cable/streaming.

Did I like it? Yes.
But very little of that was due to emotion.
What drew me in was more information about the background of the Harry Potter world.
Also, the actors, sets and special effects imo were good.

;) 

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: DeadlineAs with the first two films, the third will take place on new continents, exploring wizarding cultures across the globe. The first Fantastic Beasts film was set in 1927 NYC, the second in Paris and the third film will be set in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1191412805452193792

Shasvre

Third film will 'fix' the series, with more time spent on Hogwarts and Dumbledore.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/fantastic-beasts-3-to-course-correct-series/

Magegg

I disliked the second movie so much I don't know yet if I'll give a chance to the third one :/

CoG was horrific all over.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: CinemaBlendAfter multiple delays, Fantastic Beasts 3 is finally about to start filming for its November 2021 release. One star from the second movie, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, confirmed he is returning -- although he has no idea what he's in for.

https://twitter.com/CinemaBlend/status/1228118245993058306?s

Shasvre

About time. Hopefully it will improve on the last film.

Shasvre

Get Colin Farrell as Grindelwald to mess with everyone's heads. :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

It's a franchise about wizards so

¯\_( ͡❛ ͜ʖ ͡❛)_/¯

KiramidHead

Someone give Daniel Day-Lewis a wand.

Shasvre

Take this chance to finally get Thomas Kretschmann as Grindelwald.

Viggo Mortensen could also work.

KiramidHead

Now that I can get behind.

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed. First-class choice!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed