All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 343,963 times)

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 25, 2011, 08:51:20 PM
I must be one of the only people around that liked Generations.

Its a flawed movie to be sure, but I like it quite a bit myself.

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Mar 25, 2011, 06:36:01 PM
That really doesn't hold true all the way down the line.

1 - crap
2 - great
3 - ok
4 - great
5 - crap
6 - great
7 - crap
8 - great
9 - pretty good
10 - crap
11 - great

So the 09 one is actually where they broke the cycle.

none of them were really crap in my opinion, and i still can't say that voyage home was "great" i still don't get how people can hate the first one, it's beautiful, even if it is way too long and kind boring, it holds merit as a visual masterpiece.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Self indulgent SFX reel. Although I did find Vger interesting.

First Blood

First Blood

I agree about the first one. It being long, but visually it was great. There's a nice Darth Vader cameo in it as well. The Final Frontier was just awful. Spock's brother was a tad goofy. Not sure if that was the intent of the character, but it made for a lousy Trek film in my opinion.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: AvatarIII on Mar 25, 2011, 09:09:48 PM
and i still can't say that voyage home was "great"

Dude, Voyage Home was the best.

it's good, but i dunno, it's cheesy, kirk has a love interest way too young for him, spock talks to whales, it's kind of in your face conservationist agenda, no thanks.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

If it breaths and has some sort of entry way, it's just right for Kirk.

Not Trek but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NREXZNucJmY#ws

My God...he is Kirk.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 25, 2011, 10:01:40 PM
If it breaths and has some sort of entry way, it's just right for Kirk.

Not Trek but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NREXZNucJmY#ws

My God...he is Kirk.

it's more my point that she goes for him.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd sleep with Shatner. Wouldn't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ainyK6fXku0#

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Personally, being the unrepentant Trekkie I am, I enjoy each and every one of the Trek films - however, I recognize that some of them are flawed/simply not well made. Generations is probably the least offender. It was the first Trek film I saw in the theater, and so it always has kind of a special place for me there. The plot is just so idiotic, though. Plus, its coming off of the absolutely brilliant All Good Things... which makes it seem like a really poor sendoff to the show.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Bob Orci talks about the sequel.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/SuperPoweredNews/news/?a=34625

"Everyone said [Kirk] is too young to become Captain," he explains, So maybe in the next movie, somebody goes, 'Man, you sure became Captain young and fast.' You start to incorporate people's opinions... If it's organic to the story and you find someone who doesn't think too highly of Kirk because he maybe skipped a few steps, that's maybe a fun thing to consider. That comes from a fan reaction and maybe gives you a story point."

"[Fans] wanted more character time with everybody," he adds, "and, because that was an origin story for 'Star Trek,' everyone had to come in at a certain point. Now everyone is going to be there from the beginning, so they're going to get that. Everyone sure hated engineering. They thought it looked like a brewery, which it was. I'll pass that on to J.J. [Abrams] and see what he says."

"We'll be working and tweaking that story through shooting," he says, "This time we don't have a strike, so we'll actually be able to change things on the set. On the last movie, we handed in the script and that was it. You couldn't change a word. This one feels like we've got all the time in the world."

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 25, 2011, 10:06:13 PM
I'd sleep with Shatner. Wouldn't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ainyK6fXku0#
With that voice you'd be a liar to say that you wouldn't.

SM

SM

Generations had some interesting stuff, but one has to wonder when Shatner is the best thing in it and he's not really in it that much.  His death was pretty meaningless too in the grand scheme of things.  His first death on the Enterprise B packed more punch.  All the Next Gen flicks (aside from First Contact) were rather weak.

Final Frontier is under-rated in terms of the Kirk-Spock-McCoy dynamic, which is on fire in this flick.  But because of budget cuts and writers strikes, it left us with a pretty average flick.

TMP had a fantastic concept, but it clearly wasn't stong enough to sustain an entire film.

And Voyage Home is probably the best in terms of giving everyone something to do, which most other films couldn't achieve.  Especially the Next Gen flick which focused on Picard and Data.  Plus IV had some genuninely funny stuff in it.

QuoteEveryone sure hated engineering.

With good reason.  Didn't look anything like a spaceship.  And they could've fixed simply with some grated floor tiles.

Shasvre

Shasvre

J.J. Abrams talks sequel.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=36734

"Damon is working on the script for this one. As busy as I've been with Super 8, I remember that when we did the first one, Damon was that busy with Lost. So it's going to be very cool to have him on board as a writer. There are some amazing ideas. These are not just great friends of mine, but they're great writers. I'm thrilled and very optimistic that it's going to get to where it needs to get to."

"The truth is that my focus has been so much on finishing Super 8 that it's been something I'm looking forward to getting to, but with an incredibly compressed post schedule, there hasn't been a whole lot of time for me to be working with the writers. Now that Super 8 is drawing to a close in terms of this post schedule, I'm looking forward to jumping in and hopefully getting that ready as soon as possible."

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I wonder who the main villain is going to be since I remember reading rumors of Khan appearing in the sequel before over a year ago?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed