AvPGalaxy's Favourite Movie

Started by Its Game Time, Apr 11, 2007, 12:57:17 AM

Whats your fave movie out of the whole franchise?

Predator
164 (19.3%)
Predator 2
45 (5.3%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
29 (3.4%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
25 (2.9%)
Alien
203 (23.9%)
Aliens
305 (35.9%)
Alien³
51 (6%)
Alien Resurrection
8 (0.9%)
Predators
12 (1.4%)
Prometheus
2 (0.2%)
Alien: Covenant
4 (0.5%)
The Predator
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 793

Author
AvPGalaxy's Favourite Movie (Read 182,328 times)

xenotaris

xenotaris

Also ALIENS was a good jump off point for the Expanded Universe and even ALIEN 3. Then Alien Resurrection pulled an unnecessary time skip. When ALIENS did it was for drama, when Resurrection did it was for a reset button.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Resurrection was just an asspull to get Sigourney back, and f**k all reason or rationality. It's an inherently stupid concept and Joss Whedon weighs a bad idea down further with his quips and superhero logic.

Jeunet and Khondji somehow manage to pull it out of the fire and salvage it though, it's still stupid but gloriously so, and nobody else could have done that.

xenotaris

xenotaris

Yeah I think we can all agree that if Whedon had his way, Alien Resurrection would have felt more like a superhero movie than it already was

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I actually prefer Resurrection's novelization over the film. I think there's the film itself adds too much silly comedy on top of this already comic style script. There's some silly casting, some misused cast (I still think Douriff and Orser were really wasted in the film).

It's a shame because there's some real meat to be had in Resurrection. I think Ripley 8 is a hugely fascinating character. I just love characters who are having identity crisis's and I love the EU has continued exploring characters of a similar nature too. The dry, dark humor works really well in the film too.

But it was a mash of people who didn't really belong together imho who are talented on their own.

xenotaris

xenotaris

There was a fanfiction idea I had in my head revolving around Ripley 8 slowly maturing into a xenomorph-like state like developing a carapace and eventually resembling Sil from Species.

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

My personal ranking  from best to worst:

Alien
Aliens
Predator
Prey
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
Alien Covenant
The Predator
Predator 2
Prometheus
Predators
Aliens vs. Predator 2
Aliens vs. Predator

Number one is obvious for me, all Three top movies are untouchable classics, but first Alien is simply my favourite movie of all time. But I think original Alien quadrilogy haven't a bad movie in it, they were all great and very different. And I will always defend Resurrection, it's underrated B-movie masterclass. With Predator movies it's more cmplicated thing, before Prey I think this franchise had only one trulli great movie, now it has two. Predator 2 is just fine, Predators is boring and unimaginitive product and The Predator I actually like, as this silly, dumb fun mockery of 80' sci fi movies. Covenant has many problems, but also as many great thing and ideas. Prometheus is a bad movie, but interesting one at least. And AvP movies... Yeah, I don't talk about them.

littlesprout

littlesprout

I want to know who ranked the predator as number 1

Kradan

Kradan

People who like Predator, no ?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quotethe predator

It was you, wasn't it?

Kradan

Kradan

Dammit

You won't believe me but I missed "the" article

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 23, 2023, 09:58:35 AMDammit

You won't believe me but I missed "the" article
My Ukrainian housemate hated English articles with a passion. She got her PhD here in Australia and struggled with them the whole time.

Kradan

Kradan

Haha, lol, so true

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Jun 23, 2023, 10:12:12 AMMy Ukrainian housemate hated English articles with a passion. She got her PhD here in Australia and struggled with them the whole time.

Is that why we got away with calling it "The Ukraine" for so long...?

Kradan

Kradan

Wait, what ? When ?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Here in the UK at least it was always "The Ukraine" when I was growing up.

It's only fairly recently (pre-the war though) that it's become known as just "Ukraine".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed