Check this mask out

Started by Cereal Killer, Sep 19, 2007, 05:18:36 PM

Author
Check this mask out (Read 1,643 times)

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Not a fan to be honest, kinda has an African tribe look about it. the ring in the mouth piece looks tacky as well - what next eyebrow rings?!

I prefer a more technical look.

axeman

axeman

Well that certainly shows the individual who wears it.

That`s not a bad piece & certainly make the wearer stand out amongst a group of clone helmeted Preds.

Nice work & well done for taking the step to be an individual Pred too.

Punk19

Punk19

It looks like a tribal piece of work, otherwise it looks pretty cool. Just take out the mouth ring lol

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Far too 'busy' for my tastes, there's so much going on there that it looks like the glyphs are just random scribbles rather than markings of significance.

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Quote from: Punk19 on Sep 19, 2007, 05:52:37 PM
It looks like a tribal piece of work, otherwise it looks pretty cool. Just take out the mouth ring lol

Hang on, didnt I say that?!

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Darth_Spud on Sep 19, 2007, 05:32:31 PM
Not a fan to be honest, kinda has an African tribe look about it. the ring in the mouth piece looks tacky as well - what next eyebrow rings?!

The Elder Predator from Predator 2 had a ring going through a mandible, so it's not like they're strictly technological in decoration. Otherwise, there wouldn't be small skulls along the torso of the Predators.

On the mask: this "Executioner" design doesn't work for me. The writing seems arbitrary and too much like a human design. The ring doesn't help it either.

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Sep 19, 2007, 07:12:40 PM
Quote from: Darth_Spud on Sep 19, 2007, 05:32:31 PM

The Elder Predator from Predator 2 had a ring going through a mandible, so it's not like they're strictly technological in decoration. Otherwise, there wouldn't be small skulls along the torso of the Predators.

On the mask: this "Executioner" design doesn't work for me. The writing seems arbitrary and too much like a human design. The ring doesn't help it either.

Your missing the point, the question was about the mask not the actual predator himself and besides I'm fine with rings being on its mandible and the skulls along the torso (we're not actually talking about that but ill entertain you an answer anyway) but the mask IMO should remain hi-tech in appearance as this along with the plasma cannon is the technological essence of the predator and is what defines his outer alien appearance.

QuoteOn the mask: this "Executioner" design doesn't work for me. The writing seems arbitrary and too much like a human design. The ring doesn't help it either.

Agreed  ;D

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Part of the appeal to the Predator is the merger of technology with tribal practices. I don't see why he can't mark himself or his equipment. It may not work out design-wise half of the time, but the concept isn't completely without logic.

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Sep 19, 2007, 07:31:20 PM
Part of the appeal to the Predator is the merger of technology with tribal practices. I don't see why he can't mark himself or his equipment. It may not work out design-wise half of the time, but the concept isn't completely without logic.

Yes very tue but like you say "It may not work out design-wise" and I dont think its worked out this time. on the other hand the glyphs on Wolfs mask obviously mark tribal belonging, its subtle and done very well! besides this particular helmet has just gone OTT on the tribal idea IMO.

I'm not against the idea of helmet decoration, but to this extent! its lost its technological look - ill pass

Master Chief

Master Chief

It looks as if the Predator's kid got a hold of it and just started scribbling on it.  Not a fan.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

looks like a afracan Tribe found it and decrated it and worships it...

Night Killer

Night Killer

I like it.  It makes the predator culture seem more exotic.

Predator_88

Predator_88

Looks to me like someone just ruined a perfectly good Predator mask.

EEV2650

EEV2650

Quote from: Master Chief on Sep 19, 2007, 07:50:42 PM
It looks as if the Predator's kid got a hold of it and just started scribbling on it.  Not a fan.

LOL...I don't see why the predator would have a ring on the mouth piece but i still like it. It definetly stands out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed