Prometheus comics?

Started by vikingspawn, Mar 27, 2012, 09:58:52 PM

Author
Prometheus comics? (Read 36,772 times)

Xenoegg

Xenoegg

That the Eggs are from the Acheron Derelict are Speculation from the Main Character of the Comic.

SM

SM

Okay so the choices are - because of the Nostromo mission, WY plundered the Derelict for eggs as desribed in the comic, which it then put on Throops ship.

Or they magicked them into existance....

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'd have to re-read the comic, but do we know W-Y did it?

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

it was Grant.

Xenoegg

Xenoegg

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 15, 2012, 11:29:10 PM
I'd have to re-read the comic, but do we know W-Y did it?

Yes, the Ash like Android Deimos who is programmed by W-Y, brings the Alien Eggs on the Rachel .

mastermoon

mastermoon

Knowing how there are many Alien comics from Dark Horse, they can do the same for Prometheus.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SM on May 14, 2012, 11:44:49 PM
The direction where WY magically had access to Alien eggs pre-Aliens - enough where they were effectively disposable?
As opposed to the direction in which we have more advanced technology than 'state of the art' Sulaco some 80 years before it?
Besides the fact that, of the EU contrived plot points and inconsistencies, that's not hard to pass over by. Something happened. *shrugs*

SM

SM

What?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

He's saying that dumber, less-believable things have happened in the Alien franchise and EU so he's willing to overlook mystery-eggs for the purposes of a story he enjoys.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SM on May 27, 2012, 11:51:54 PM
What?
What could've happened, you mean? Buh. Perhaps they got short of eggs in some way -- perhaps Hadley's Hope was voluntarily left there without telling anything, so the company wouldn't be held responsible for the deaths.
It's easier and less silly to get around with than trying to explain how the Prometheus has more advanced technology than the Sulaco 80 years before it, or even more advanced than the Auriga 2-3 centuries before it.

Keep in mind that I'm not saying that the comic has to be inserted into the film canon, but I stand stating that it's the best take on the Space Jockeys I've seen yet.

SM

SM

QuoteIt's easier and less silly to get around with

It is?  ???

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SM on May 28, 2012, 11:25:00 PM
It is?  ???
What is this, a psychologist trick?  :laugh: (Catch the reference and get a cookie)
And yeah, in my opinion of course.

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

There's a new rumor about a new line of Prometheus/Aliens from Dark Horse:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/27/what-we-might-expect-announced-at-san-diego-comic-con/

Dark Horse Comics looks like they'll be launching a brand new line of Aliens titles.. But intriguingly they will be adding the characters from Ridley Scott's Prometheus into the fold. The aim is to do for their Aliens comics what they just did for Star Wars.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 weeks till San Diego Comicon to find out if this is true.

:o

SM

SM

Interesting.

They be gluttons for punishment at Dark Horse.  ;D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: vikingspawn on Jun 28, 2013, 02:08:15 AM
There's a new rumor about a new line of Prometheus/Aliens from Dark Horse:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/27/what-we-might-expect-announced-at-san-diego-comic-con/

Dark Horse Comics looks like they'll be launching a brand new line of Aliens titles.. But intriguingly they will be adding the characters from Ridley Scott's Prometheus into the fold. The aim is to do for their Aliens comics what they just did for Star Wars.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 weeks till San Diego Comicon to find out if this is true.

:o
What did they just do for Star Wars?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed