Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 763,166 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 07, 2018, 07:12:57 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Jul 07, 2018, 03:48:34 PM
The Runner is beautiful! Apart from the fugly neck.
How can you call it beautiful and not love the neck?

Because most of the rest of the design and ADI's work is gorgeous.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

F*ck me, another 10 pages of this stuff while I've been away :laugh:

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

OK, let's break this down:

What we know vs what we *think* we know about Xenomorph reproduction.

Fact: Alien drone has been seen to turn human hosts into ovomorophs/eggs by unknown means on board the Nostromo.

Fact: The Queen was (we *assume*) bleeding acid just prior to tearing Bishop apart as evident by burning of the landing bay floor. (This can be assumed as until that point no xeno has ever drooled acid) The Queen was only physically wounded in one place at that time: her lower abdomen after tearing herself from her destroyed egg sack. All of Ripley's pulse rifle rounds, flamethrower and grenades targeted the eggs at the atmosphere processor. The one attempt she had to fire on the queen was at the elevator with very limited flamethrower fuel, acting as a minor deterrent and causing no physical damage, so it is safe to conclude acid on sulaco is dripping from eggsack region.

Fact: David 8 creates ovomorphs/eggs from experiments with black goo on organic matter (Shaw?). We know black goo in its pure form is highly adaptive and can cause mutations and growth in non-botanical life. A single spore can infect a human and cause a bloodburster/neomorph rapidly. And it has been seen from David's zoological studies that  it is highly adaptive and capable of infecting a quite diverse variety of organic life, very much like a xenomorph is adaptive in hosts that can be used to reproduce (human, dog, ox, etc).

Theory: Black goo is in the genetic makeup of the xenomorph. Let's assume that in some evolved strain it is how the Alien on the nostromo eggmorphs Dallas and Brett (biological organism + xenogoo = egg, a biological capability that is similar to how David artificially created eggs)

Hypothesis: Queen is unintentionally leaking xenogoo from her damaged abdomen (region of egg production for eggsack) and blood just prior to tearing Bishop in half. We see the burn on floor from blood. Blood and xenogoo drip through the damaged floor plate to the sub-level (such as areas Newt was scuttling to escape Queen's attack).

Now later at a random unknown time, perhaps even once the crew are in hypersleep, something as simple as a rat on the ship is sniffing around the synthetic matter on the landing bay floor next to the many burns that would have been caused by the queen's mobility (it stands to reason ships still have rodents on account of Jones being the Nostromo ship's cat) unfortunately one comes into contact with xenogoo.. Whether by ingestion, skin contact, perhaps similar means of the spore to the ear as seen on paradise.. However it happens.. The rodent dies, and having very similar physiology to a human (the whole reason we use lab mice) an ovomorph forms through the grates, just like with Dallas and Brett. Slight differences in dna result in it being a superhugger, capable of laying multiple embryos during its short lifespan, infecting both Ripley and the dog or ox before it dies on Fiorina 161. The means by which the ovomorph on the Sulaco was created also accounts for differences in chestbuster physiology and is the reason that both the dog/ox buster and Queen inside Ripley hatch with limbs instead of being worm-like, in the same way David-8s first xenomorph is born with limbs.. This also accounts for why, like David's xeno, the dog/ox alien is more organic in appearance and less biomechanical.

What dya think? 😁

Vermillion

Vermillion

It was Bishop . Androids are evil.
So sorry, Artificial Person. Bad.

426Buddy

426Buddy

The company remotely accessed the Sulaco and had an egg beamed aboard, the egg was upside down in the transporter room.

CainsSon

CainsSon

David did it.

The Old One

The Old One

Stahp!

See my posts for the correct interpretation, all other opinions are wrong.

No Name

No Name

What about proto-eggs driven by some form of organic AI? Doesn't David mention the black goo is an AI of sorts? So...

. Queen stabs Bishop, depositing black-goo infused proto-eggs into his body.

. Air-lock opens. Most of said substance is blown out, but some of it continues to remain in Bishop and begins to settle.

. After the final battle concludes, Ripley transports Bishop's body to the cryo-pod.

Might such proto-eggs be able to detect a disturbance via the movement of their original spot for incubating, during Ripley's transportation of Bishop? If so, the eggs may have decided to locate another spot, one secluded away from further disturbances, and slipped out of Bishop's body with neither Ripley, nor Newt noticing. At this point, the eggs could plant themselves into the location we see in A3.

The Old One

The Old One

Nah. Editing mistake, has to be a dream in the two cuts we currently have.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 09, 2018, 03:59:59 PM
The company remotely accessed the Sulaco and had an egg beamed aboard, the egg was upside down in the transporter room.

Now i'm picturing the egg with Mel Brooks' voice "Why didn't somebody tell me my ass was so big?!"

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 09, 2018, 05:17:49 PM
Stahp!

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

There is only one way to solve this dilemma. They need to make an in between-quel. Whose sole purpose is how-da-fuk that egg got there.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 09, 2018, 09:06:24 PM
There is only one way to solve this dilemma. They need to make an in between-quel. Whose sole purpose is how-da-fuk that egg got there.

Don't you mean Hu-da-fuk?

Or, y'know, let me make a best of both worlds 4K edit. (:

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

I agree! A story set on the Sulaco can account for both the egg placement and the reason Ripley, Hicks and Newt end up in a different cryoroom.. There is no continuity error... Just a story we have yet to see ;-)

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Its_Auto on Jul 09, 2018, 10:16:09 PM

I agree! A story set on the Sulaco can account for both the egg placement and the reason Ripley, Hicks and Newt end up in a different cryoroom.. There is no continuity error... Just a story we have yet to see ;-)

I hope you know he was being sarcastic, the only place we should see the Sulaco again is being decommissioned in a junkyard.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 09, 2018, 10:25:06 PM
Quote from: Its_Auto on Jul 09, 2018, 10:16:09 PM

I hope you know he was being sarcastic, the only place we should see the Sulaco again is being decommissioned in a junkyard.

The story itself doesn't need to be set on the Sulaco... It just needs to end on its course being resumed ;-)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed