OK
10 (12.8%)
Poor
5 (6.4%)
shit smear
43 (55.1%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author
Overall AvP Galaxy reaction to AvP: Requiem (Read 125,898 times)

Milan

Milan

The reason I asked was that the comic Iron man and Batman do have alot in common,
So Iron Man should have alot of similarities with Batman if the movie should have stayed true to the source.
So if this bothered you, it ain't really Iron mans fault and by this I'm not saying that the fault was yours.
I can understand why someone not into the comics would feel like it tried to ride on batmans sucsess, if that was what you felt?

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 05, 2008, 01:54:09 AM
He wants to know how Iron Man is similar to Batman.

1) Bbth Bruce and Tony have a butler
2) they're both rich
3) they both own their own companies
4) they're both heroes
5) they're both extremely intelligent

Say what?

DoomRulz

I assumed you were asking The Wolf to expand on what he meant when he said Iron Man is similar to Batman. Was I wrong?

The Demon

Quote from: Milan on Oct 05, 2008, 01:56:03 AM
The reason I asked was that the comic Iron man and Batman do have alot in common,
So Iron Man should have alot of similarities with Batman if the movie should have stayed true to the source.
So if this bothered you, it ain't really Iron mans fault and by this I'm not saying that the fault was yours.
I can understand why someone not into the comics would feel like it tried to ride on batmans sucsess, if that was what you felt?

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 05, 2008, 01:54:09 AM
He wants to know how Iron Man is similar to Batman.

1) Bbth Bruce and Tony have a butler
2) they're both rich
3) they both own their own companies
4) they're both heroes
5) they're both extremely intelligent

Say what?

Nah, its more like when I tried to watch the movie I really get into the characters head but it was hard because for one I don't really care for Iron Man and there was all those simularities. It was like another Bruce just with an Iron suit. This is just me though so don't flame me for this.

Scree

Quote from: PHANTOM on Oct 04, 2008, 11:42:40 PM

Quote from: Scree on Oct 04, 2008, 07:01:45 PM
f**k Iron Man! I wanna watch AVP-R.

;D

No more crack for you son.
Get lost, kid.

Milan

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 05, 2008, 04:23:01 AM
I assumed you were asking The Wolf to expand on what he meant when he said Iron Man is similar to Batman. Was I wrong?

Yes, a little.
I was trying to figure out if he was into the comic book characters, cause if he wasn't then I could understand that he was bothered by Ironmans similarities with Batman.
But If it would turn out that he was into the comics then I found it a littlebit strange that he would be bothered by it cause Ironman should have these similarities with batman if the movie should have stayed true to the comic.

And from the start I had a feeling that he wasn't that much into the comics,
but I didn't want to make any big deal out of it cause it ain't.
I'm rather happy that there are more people than the comic geeks like myself who goes to the cinema watching these movies cause it helps us getting bigger and better movies but on the other hand it can also lead to that stupid f**kers (directors) wants a free ride on the characters fame and provide us with shitty movies because they really don't have any luv for the character.
They only got it in the interview's, trying to sell and promote their product.

Quote from: The Wolf on Oct 05, 2008, 01:48:35 PM
This is just me though so don't flame me for this.

Never intended to.
I respect your opinion even tho I  don't agree with you, I liked Iron man and felt that they did a good job with the character, I would have liked them to show some more stuff about Tony Stark but I doubt that it would have worked, like him being an alcoholic during a period in the series, I don't know if he is sober these days.

But then when I think about it...
...Imagen you asking your kid or any kid what they would like to be when they grow up,
and the answer goes;
- I want to be a hero, I want to make the world a better place, I want to be like the guy in that movie you showed me...
... I want to be an alcoholic like IRON MAN!!! ;D
Your reply:  :o

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Scree on Oct 05, 2008, 07:21:28 PM
Quote from: PHANTOM on Oct 04, 2008, 11:42:40 PM

Quote from: Scree on Oct 04, 2008, 07:01:45 PM
f**k Iron Man! I wanna watch AVP-R.

;D

No more crack for you son.
Get lost, kid.

"what are you rolling? Whippets? Goof Balls? a little wowie sauce with the boys?"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed