Survivor Multiplayer Trailer

Started by RidgeTop, Nov 20, 2012, 10:08:48 AM

Author
Survivor Multiplayer Trailer (Read 57,589 times)

WinterActual

WinterActual

The Xenos are not insects.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I am honestly not a fan of the boiler. (At all) but, the trailer is good enough to keep me stoked for the game.

FightFinda

FightFinda

Quote from: Elyphaleth on Nov 25, 2012, 07:14:14 PM
I actually like the Boiler. It fits pretty well in the Xenomorph hive-like social structure. Many insects sacrifice themselves to protect the hive.
Boy, are the Giger-Bashers going to eat you alive for that.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: WinterActual on Nov 25, 2012, 07:58:35 PM
The Xenos are not insects.

Remove the insectal elements and you lose much of the horror aspect.

QuoteThe alien creature was always part insect. Alien, from its inception in Alien writers O'Bannon and Shusset's mind, through HR Giger's artwork, and Ridley Scott's behavioral research, is either derived from or at the least portrays characteristics of insects.

The alien's life cycle and lifestyle is where you can find the insectal characteristics.

Ron Shusset: 'People have read all kinds of things into it that we didn't intend, not even subconsciously. But there was one thing we did do. It was our idea that it would be the life-cycle of an insect. The way a wasp will sting a spider, paralyze it, and lay its eggs in the spider; its eggs grow off the living spider, like a surrogate mother. That we did want it to be. We didn't want it to be a human mated with an alien and a hybrid. We thought people might pick up on it and say, 'Yeah, an alien life-cycle can be like an insect life-cycle.'

Ron Cobb: '[T]hat was the core of the idea that Dan had about the [chestburster scene], he got that from the paralyzing wasp, you know, it paralyses the spider and lays its eggs on the spider, then buries it in the ground so that the living spider serves as food for the uh, wasp larva and you know, he always was so horrified at that idea.'

Ridley Scott: 'There's a fundamental connection in nature because we actually watched, in preparation for this, Oxford Scientific had this interesting piece of footage where they'd watched a slice of bark - which, in our terms, to a human being, would be about 12 feet thick - and there's a grub underneath the bark, between the bark and the tree. There's always a space between the bark and the tree. Across the top of the bark was this insect, which passes over the grub, stops, backs up, and "feels" the grub is there let's say, the equivalent of 8 foot below you. It goes up on its hind legs, produces a needle from between its legs, and drills through the bark and bulls-eyes right into the grub and lays its seed, so that the grub becomes the host of the insect. And does what comes out of the union between the grub and the insect, does that become a version of both? That's what we basically went along with.'

Ridley Scott: 'Whether he [the Alien] could see, or simply sense like an insect, I didn't need ever have to answer that question'

'He [Skerret] is really the host for the insect, which is the Alien.'

Ridley Scott: 'There are insects like that [androgynous, asexual], so we based that on a little bit of good old Mother Nature.'

HR Giger: '[W]e had to combine the derelict ship and the hatchery silo. I thought we could place the egg silo under the ship, a bit like termites do.' (...) 'We decided to make a very elegant creature, quick and like an insect.' - Giger

All the insectal elements were there from the beginning - cocooning, abductions for reproduction purposes, eggs, hives.

SM

SM

They're still not insects.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: SM on Nov 26, 2012, 01:03:55 AM

Is this going to be a stand up fight, sir, or another bug hunt?

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Predaker on Nov 26, 2012, 01:07:02 AM

it's gonna be a "true sequel".

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Nov 26, 2012, 01:12:16 AM
Quote from: Predaker on Nov 26, 2012, 01:07:02 AM

it's gonna be a "true sequel".

Crushers, boilers, spitters, Oh my!

Spoiler
[close]

The Runner

The Runner

Da fuk.....

acrediblesource

Quote from: FightFinda on Nov 25, 2012, 08:50:21 PM
I actually like the Boiler. It fits pretty well in the Xenomorph hive-like social structure. Many insects sacrifice themselves to protect the hive.
WTF does Giger-Bashers mean? Is that Pro Giger or Anti Giger? And being Anti Giger is a little f**kin trolling dont ya think? For an Alien fansite? Blasphemous!

Jegeren

Jegeren

No, but that doesn't mean that there is not a heavy insect influence in their phenology.

SM

SM

No one's denying that.

But it ends with "influence".

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on Nov 26, 2012, 03:16:25 AM
No one's denying that.

This right here.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: SM on Nov 26, 2012, 03:16:25 AM
No one's denying that.

No one's denying that.  :D

FightFinda

FightFinda

Quote from: acrediblesource on Nov 26, 2012, 01:36:08 AM
Quote from: FightFinda on Nov 25, 2012, 08:50:21 PM
WTF does Giger-Bashers mean? Is that Pro Giger or Anti Giger? And being Anti Giger is a little f**kin trolling dont ya think? For an Alien fansite? Blasphemous!

Given the context in which it was said, I'd say it would a pretty fair assumption that it was meant as those who are "Pro Giger". Never heard the phrase "bible-bashers"? As in those who love to shove their religion down people's throats? As in those who treat the Gospel AS GOSPEL? As in the orginal phrase that came before this so called 'internet definition' of someone who constantly insults another internet user's opinion / a discussed topic.

Speaking of shoving things down peoples throats... is that a metallic penis sticking out of a handheld xenomorph head!? Dear God...:-

Quote from: Predaker on Nov 26, 2012, 01:16:40 AM

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed