Work on the Sequels Stopped?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2017, 11:49:17 AM

Author
Work on the Sequels Stopped? (Read 148,668 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 03, 2017, 10:06:16 AM
Too many variables still exist to nail a single time for implantation and how long the organism is in situ under different conditions.   These are 2 very different activities the organism is exhibiting.   Gestation is also completely independent.  They may all take place at different times

Besides, the quote,"Removed surgically before embryo implantation." provides no indication of time.

As far as being pedantic goes.  Yeah, sure.  Why not?  I've seen worse around here.  lol.

-Windebieste.

So they took it off before 10 seconds.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Aug 03, 2017, 10:02:10 AM
I'm losing track of whether deleted scenes count or not.  Probably only if they support one's point of view... ;)

I'm guessing that's directed at me mentioning the Burke scene earlier? I did say that was just a fun little aside for a reason as to why it was removed, not using the actual content of the scene to back myself up.  :)

Besides, the quote,"Removed surgically before embryo implantation." provides no indication of time.

It kinda does. Unless Hadley's Hope's surgeons were some sort of miracle workers, I don't think they'd have achieved that in under 10 seconds if they're going in surgically. Surgical implies some level of complication. Not just the cutting off the facehugger as in Covenant.

Too many variables still exist to nail a single time for implantation and how long the organism is in situ under different conditions.   These are 2 very different activities the organism is exhibiting.   Gestation is also completely independent.  They may all take place at different times

Acknowledged. And unfortunately the editing in Covenant throws a little confusion on both activities within the film.

QuoteAs far as being pedantic goes.  Yeah, sure.  Why not?  I've seen worse around here.  lol.

It's not pedantic and once again, you're just dismissing away other people's legitimate concerns with attitude.

Highland

Highland

I'd rather accept that David just made some fan dangled version of the Alien for his first set than go out of my way to bust up the canon, I can't even get my head around that.

windebieste

windebieste

Well, that's the other option.  David's early versions are simply different in many, many ways. 

It also means acceptance for the duration of the organism on Lope's face.

-Windebieste.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Highland on Aug 03, 2017, 10:14:55 AM
I'd rather accept that David just made some fan dangled version of the Alien for his first set than go out of my way to bust up the canon, I can't even get my head around that.

I agree.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've got nothing against that explanation either. ADF mentioned something similar in the novelization which I liked. I appreciated the attempt at the explanation. It's something we talked about in the recent interview.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 03, 2017, 10:16:46 AM

I agree.
Lol so what do you suggest, that once WY learned of the Alien, they wanted its mass production and thus gimped the model? :D

Alien³

Alien³

Who knows at this time.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the company think they have the right to own the alien, considering one of their products made it.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 03, 2017, 11:04:15 AM
Who knows at this time.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the company think they have the right to own the alien, considering one of their products made it.

I doubt the next film (if it ever gets made) will actually touch this particular aspect, I'm fine with whatever liberty Scott took in Covenant, but nonetheless I think that confrontation of WY, David, Engineers, Neos and Xeno will be super interesting.

SM

SM

I'm guessing that's directed at me mentioning the Burke scene earlier?

No, not directed at you.

Yep.  Eggs looked a bit different.  Alien looked a bit different.  It's a stretch - but not a terribly big one.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That's pretty much what Foster outright said in the book.

SM

SM

I have to re-read it.  I came to the rationalisation when I saw the film, but missed it in the novelisation.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

He expands the David's lab scene to have David show a Facehugger/egg that were made by the Engineers long ago, and he essentially says he's been trying to recreate the creature. I have a feeling later on he also says the Alien now grows faster (hence why it's born a little man) because David's fiddled with it.

SM

SM

Not quite what I was getting at.  I was more saying that David's first whack at the Alien produced something that impregnates incredibly quickly; later iterations (for whatever reasons yet to be revealed) impregnate slower.

(Leaving the creation or re-creation debate aside).

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

"Different"? Different to what? It's the first occurence of eggs in an Alien film. How could an author of a novelization explain that?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed