Can Aliens develop a civilised society?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Mar 29, 2022, 12:36:34 AM

Author
Can Aliens develop a civilised society? (Read 5,811 times)

Huntsman

I wouldn't want to see xenos advance much from what they are right now. It would go against their spirit.

OpenMaw

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 19, 2022, 06:56:26 PMThe view of technology as superior to biology's a human's biased point of view.

Considering that everything thus far has shown us technology keeps biology safe and alive and far more comfortable over greater periods of time... I think the notion is well founded. It is our technology that has allowed us not just to dominate the planet and become the only Apex predator on it, but to actually start undoing the damage we've done along the way. I don't see a civilization that is utterly lacking in technology making those leaps. For the aliens their biggest weakness is they are ultimately at the mercy of their hosts to get them from place to place.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Huntsman on Sep 20, 2022, 08:37:17 AMI wouldn't want to see xenos advance much from what they are right now. It would go against their spirit.

I totally agree.

BlueMarsalis79

That's if you think making said leap's even good in the first place though, it depends what the Alien wants, if it even wants.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed