In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,401,234 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 14, 2020, 03:16:46 PMI'm not sure what to make of all this. The H1N1 virus killed more than 18,000 Americans in 2009 but everything proceeded as pretty much normal.

Yeah, I'm still not sure quite why people seem to be going quite so crazy over this.

Like I said, regular flu seems to be equally if not more deadly and no one cares.

Pollution from cars kills about 25,000-35,000 people a year in the UK and no one really freaks out about that.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

What makes Covid-19 more serious is it's rapid transmission rate. Coronavirus is more infectious than the Spanish flu pandemic that killed 50 million people. The virus itself isn't as deadly, but the rate of infection is so high it makes containment almost impossible. To make matters worse, we don't have a vaccine yet and the virus has a long incubation period.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Huggs

Huggs

When in danger, when in doubt; run in circles, scream and shout

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 15, 2020, 12:17:10 AM
When in danger, when in doubt; run in circles, scream and shout

You forgot to grab toilet paper.

Shinawi

Shinawi

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 14, 2020, 06:36:42 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 14, 2020, 03:16:46 PMI'm not sure what to make of all this. The H1N1 virus killed more than 18,000 Americans in 2009 but everything proceeded as pretty much normal.

Yeah, I'm still not sure quite why people seem to be going quite so crazy over this.

Like I said, regular flu seems to be equally if not more deadly and no one cares.

Pollution from cars kills about 25,000-35,000 people a year in the UK and no one really freaks out about that.
It's still too early to tell the current pandemic's full numbers. The current pandemic is an ongoing one. We don't have the full story yet. And it seems that a lot of the governments are either hiding the actual numbers or are unable to know the actual numbers for now. A lot of the governments are also not informing the public about this virus's effect on the body especially the lungs (which is hard to fully recover from) to prevent a panic and to keep the economy steady. But there's a reason why some countries are using extreme measures in quarantining entire cities. Later on, entire countries went into lockdown. And many countries are banning or quarantining people from certain countries. Action speaks louder than words. Right now, Europe is in a state that China was in January. North America seems to be in China's December danger level.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Shinawi on Mar 15, 2020, 05:21:25 PM
A lot of the governments are also not informing the public about the full dangers of this virus to prevent a panic and to keep the economy steady.

"Buy when there's mucus runnin' in the streets"

Can't hardly wait for the Jobama debate.

Hey, that rhymed.

SM

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 14, 2020, 06:36:42 PM

:laugh:
lolwut?

Maybe try looking up why people are freaking out?

And also climate change.

It's pretty baffling that someone with access to all the information they could ever want would seriously ask 'what's all the fuss?'

Huggs

Huggs

I imagine pollution can actually kill people in China.

Lots of smog over there.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Did Trump really try to buy a german pharmaceutical company to develop a vaccine exclusively for the American market?

Human garbage --

Sorry

Spoiler
not
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'd be surprised if he wasn't doing everything he can to profiteer from this.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Well, then i hope he keeps up shaking hands... that stupid c***.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: kwisatz on Mar 16, 2020, 12:15:25 AM
Did Trump really try to buy a german pharmaceutical company to develop a vaccine exclusively for the American market?

Human garbage --

Sorry

Spoiler
not
[close]

We're gonna build a vaccine, and China is going to pay for it

kwisatz

kwisatz

I smell great and unmatched wisdom.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: kwisatz on Mar 16, 2020, 12:15:25 AM

Human garbage --

Sorry

Spoiler
not
[close]

Good. Put the American people first. Hopefully this Coronavirus will put an end to globalism.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed