In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,401,298 times)

Sabby

Sabby

Have I expressed support for any such MRM group? No. I'd support a sexist MRM group as readily as I would idiots like Skepchick. But pointing out that sexist MRM groups exist is NOT the same thing as pointing out that the concept of MRM is sexist.

That's about as stupid as me telling you that the WRM is dumb because Rebecca Watson is an idiot.

Demonstrate to me why Mens Rights Activism is wrong or unnecessary. If you'd prefer not to, then we'll simply end the conversation.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Sabby on May 11, 2014, 01:44:50 AM
Have I expressed support for any such MRM group?
Since you seem to know so much about the subject, show me which MRM groups you DO support :) And not a hypothetical "any who fight for blah blah blah". Do some research and show me a self-identified MRM group that does not blame women for anything :) Try it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Right, that's why AVfM is the the only group to offer a monetary reward for information leading to the capture and arrest of a criminal who assaulted a female student at Queen's University, after she claimed it was an MRA who beat her up? I'd like to point out that not a single feminist group has done the same. They've all remained quite silent on the issue.

References:
http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/1000-reward-for-the-arrest-conviction-of-danielle-dentremonts-attacker/
http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/reward-for-finding-danielle-dentremonts-attacker-doubled-feminist-groups-challenged-to-match/

A hategroup against women, eh? I guess all these women are just misogynists at heart who have betrayed their vaginas, lol.

http://www.avoiceformen.com/womens-voice/
You might want to look up the likes of Erin Pizzey and Karen Straughan before you make a ridiculous statement like that.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 11, 2014, 01:48:16 AM
Right, that's why AVfM is the the only group to offer a monetary reward for information leading to the capture and arrest of a criminal who assaulted a female student at Queen's University
That is pretty nice of them--

after she claimed it was an MRA who beat her up? I'd like to point out that not a single feminist group has done the same. They've all remained quite silent on the issue.
--oh.

So how many other women have they offered to help? Or is it just ones who get attacked by their own members?

A hategroup against women, eh? I guess all these women are just misogynists at heart
Yep.

Sabby

Sabby

...you just... ignore anything you don't like o.O I gave you a question, and you just floated past it.

Sorry Cvalda, I'm not going to chase you around like this. You can engage me like a functional and honest person, or you can f**k off. Choice is yours, I'd rather not waste any more time on you.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Except that the attacker has not been identified, plus the victim only said it was an MRA. There's no way of actually proving the validity of her accusation beyond just what she said.

Quote from: Cvalda on May 11, 2014, 01:51:36 AM
after she claimed it was an MRA who beat her up? I'd like to point out that not a single feminist group has done the same. They've all remained quite silent on the issue.
--oh.

So how many other women have they offered to help?

I don't know. That's my honest answer.

Quote from: Cvalda on May 11, 2014, 01:51:36 AM
A hategroup against women, eh? I guess all these women are just misogynists at heart
Yep.

Lol

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Sabby on May 11, 2014, 01:53:41 AM
...you just... ignore anything you don't like o.O I gave you a question, and you just floated past it.

Sorry Cvalda, I'm not going to chase you around like this. You can engage me like a functional and honest person, or you can f**k off. Choice is yours, I'd rather not waste any more time on you.
And I have responded with questions of my own, which you have likewise failed to answer. Because you've got nothing. And then you start flailing around telling people to "f**k off". Very functional. :)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

These past few pages.

It's a gold mine!  :laugh:

Cvalda

Cvalda

RUBBERNECKER.

Sabby

Sabby

You ignore my question, present your own, and then whine when I don't answer you? Your a hypocrite Cvalda. We're done.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Cvalda on May 11, 2014, 01:58:09 AM
RUBBERNECKER.
Yup.  :laugh:

Quote from: Sabby on May 11, 2014, 01:58:45 AM
You ignore my question, present your own, and then whine when I don't answer you? Your a hypocrite Cvalda. We're done.
:laugh:

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Sabby on May 11, 2014, 01:58:45 AM
You ignore my question, present your own, and then whine when I don't answer you? Your* a hypocrite Cvalda. We're done.
I'm not the one whining.

Also, it's you're*

SiL

SiL

Right, that's why AVfM is the the only group to offer a monetary reward for information leading to the capture and arrest of a criminal who assaulted a female student at Queen's University, after she claimed it was an MRA who beat her up? I'd like to point out that not a single feminist group has done the same. They've all remained quite silent on the issue.
In 2011 A Voice for Men offered a $1, 000 bounty for the names, address, phone numbers of a group of women who made a YouTube video about a group of women killing a man and licking the blood from the wound because they felt "While the murder is plainly staged, the sadistic glee has every appearance of being genuine. The plain endorsement of murder is also unambiguous."

http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/activism/1000-bounty-to-identify-swedish-scum-members/

QuoteSome individuals may criticize the intent to publish not only names, but also addresses, phone numbers, employers and other personal information – on the grounds that such exposure create a risk of retributive violence against individuals who openly advocate murder based on sex. It is the considered position of the editorial board of AVfM that any such risks are out-weighed by the ongoing hazard to the public of these individuals continuing to operate in anonymity. Open advocation of murder cannot be allowed in a civil society, without that society devolving into a culture of brutal violence.

Open "advocation" of a murder in a YouTube video by people who never actually tell anyone to kill anyone else is bad, but offering a monetary reward for someone's personal information to plaster on the Internet knowing full well it could result in actual, physical harm to those people is just dandy.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

QuoteThe list of grievances for MRAs is long. It includes the elevated rate of suicide for men, educational discrimination against boys, economic and workplace conditions for men, violence against men, false rape reporting, fathers' rights in custody battles, rates of male imprisonment and prison conditions, and the horrors of war. Many of these issues deserve a thoughtful response and the force of an organized movement for address them. It's too bad that's not what men's rights activists are offering.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Men%27s_rights_movement

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Gilfryd on May 11, 2014, 02:21:31 AM
QuoteThe list of grievances for MRAs is long. It includes the elevated rate of suicide for men, educational discrimination against boys, economic and workplace conditions for men, violence against men, false rape reporting, fathers' rights in custody battles, rates of male imprisonment and prison conditions, and the horrors of war. Many of these issues deserve a thoughtful response and the force of an organized movement for address them. It's too bad that's not what men's rights activists are offering.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Men%27s_rights_movement

That sums up things quite nicely.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed