In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,401,226 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

So is buying a baseball bat and a pair of pliers. That doesn't make them anymore appropriate.

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

If I was going to torture someone (I'd have to be in one hell of a rage to do it) I'd go for the Blood Eagle. Go back to the classics.

I agree with Doom re death sentences. I think that rape and murder are arguably comparable in seriousness as rape can really ruin someones life.

Topazora

Topazora

Life without parole should be fine for a rapist, and if he ends up getting raped himself in jail, well... guards can't be everywhere all the time.  Death penalties should be reserved to only those who, without a shadow of a doubt, killed a number of people- serial killers.  It may not deter crime, but it'll keep these guys from murdering again, especially if one happens to get out because of "good behavior".  But life without parole- ever, not even with good behavior, should be sentenced to rapists.
I don't think civilians should be allowed to carry out justice, as that can get out of hand- and not all cases of rape are actually rape (never know when the chick is lying).  Too much can go wrong, that's why it should be left to the justice system.  Though I can totally get on board with self-defence, be it learning martial arts, carrying a concealed gun or being accompanied by a large dog.  And just be aware of your surroundings.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Apr 15, 2014, 05:04:23 PM
If I was going to torture someone (I'd have to be in one hell of a rage to do it) I'd go for the Blood Eagle. Go back to the classics.

I agree with Doom re death sentences. I think that rape and murder are arguably comparable in seriousness as rape can really ruin someones life.

They're not comparable because rape can ruin someone's life, whereas murder can end someone's life. A person can recover from rape and move forward with his or her life. But if you're dead, you won't be doing any kind of moving.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 15, 2014, 05:00:13 PM
So is buying a baseball bat and a pair of pliers. That doesn't make them anymore appropriate.

I'm sure in his shoes "being appropriate" was furthest from the mind. 

Baseball bat and pliers are not very creative btw  :P

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 15, 2014, 05:13:42 PM
Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Apr 15, 2014, 05:04:23 PM

They're not comparable because rape can ruin someone's life, whereas murder can end someone's life. A person can recover from rape and move forward with his or her life. But if you're dead, you won't be doing any kind of moving.

Well personally I'd rather be murdered than raped. I just couldn't live with it.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

You couldn't live with being murdered either.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 15, 2014, 08:30:53 PM
You couldn't live with being murdered either.
Exactly. It's over.

Which is why rape is worse.

Vertigo

Vertigo

This conversation is worse.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Topazora on Apr 15, 2014, 05:07:24 PM
if he ends up getting raped himself in jail, well... guards can't be everywhere all the time.
That's vile. So some rape is okay as long as it happens to bad people? ::) 

Death penalties should be reserved to only those who, without a shadow of a doubt, killed a number of people- serial killers.  It may not deter crime, but it'll keep these guys from murdering again, especially if one happens to get out because of "good behavior".
I'm just going out on a limb here, but I don't really think any serial killers have ever been let out for "good behavior".

I don't think civilians should be allowed to carry out justice, as that can get out of hand- and not all cases of rape are actually rape (never know when the chick is lying).

BANE

BANE

It happens.  :-\

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: BANE on Apr 15, 2014, 09:33:51 PM
Only in Miami.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Not to such a degree that the default position is "well, you never know when them chicks are lying" ::)

ShadowPred

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 15, 2014, 09:37:13 PM
Not to such a degree that the default position is "well, you never know when them chicks are lying" ::)
Not a default position, but the stats aren't negligible either (although few studies have actually been done and those that have aren't generalizable).

Actually the stats are all over the place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed