In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,401,240 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Yeah, wow lol. I almost don't even have to respond to the blatant and painfully laughable double-standards in those definitions.

That's actually a great example of why those problems are so out of control, if people, anywhere, actually believe that bullshit.

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 07, 2014, 06:13:07 PM
Hey, I didn't make the language.
That's not "language". That's liberal bullshit propaganda that's destructive, backwards, bigoted, and sad. It's a beyond unacceptable interpretation and/or arbitrary "definition" of a term. You're better than that, Cvalda.

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 07, 2014, 06:13:07 PM
Hey, I didn't make the language.
No but your citing extreme versions of the meaning.

RD don't blame the liberals lol

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 07, 2014, 06:15:06 PM
That's not "language". That's liberal bullshit propaganda that's destructive, backwards, bigoted, and sad. It's a beyond unacceptable interpretation and/or arbitrary "definition" of a term. You're better than that, Cvalda.
Or you're just overreacting and simplifying the issue.

As an academic term, masculism has a negative bias because, well, it should -- it refers to a group of people who already have the cultural upper hand touting and promoting that fact. What, masculism should signify the struggle for "male equality"? Because it's such an oppressed concept historically?

Quote from: Rong on Mar 07, 2014, 06:17:17 PM
No but your citing extreme versions of the meaning.
No I'm not, that is the literal definition. Also the label MRM advocates embrace, FYI.
http://www.reddit.com/r/masculism

So if you wanna self-apply it to yourself, get in line behind DoomRulz and have fun.

BANE

BANE

:laugh: Reddit's about as credible as a drunk hobo.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Hence it being a haven for self-professed masculists.

BANE

BANE

Indeed.

Rong

Rong

Oh loorrdddyyyyyy  :D ;) :D

Save us lord Doomrulz!b!!b

Cvalda

Cvalda

*Watched rating increases*

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I'm ranting about American liberals. I know the term takes on quite a few different meanings around the world. American liberals used to be the good guys. :-\ Now they're the fascists.

So Feminism means equal rights for women, and Masculism means men keeping all the rights for themselves and shitting all over everyone else. :D Lol, got it Wikipedia groupthink world.

Since apparently we can just make up our own meanings, I need to get over to Reddit and start slapping down the real masculism. The male leadership that the world truly needs, that doesn't end in bro rape call of duty thug life. The male leadership that fought alongside the oppressed to help them win their rights from assholes.

The world needs great men so bad now it's not even funny. That's why grown men find life lessons in My Little Pony, because they have no f**king leaders. That is NOT a knock on bronies at all, I enjoy mlp and it's a fine, fine show. I'm just saying... culture is failing, so we're looking back to the basics, the bare bones, for any substance.

Tl;dr = everything sucks, put me in charge and we'll get out of this.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

For the record, I hate the word masculinist just as much as I hate the term feminist. I don't care for either word for the same reasons. No MHRA I've ever met calls himself or herself a masculist. It's not even extremism within the men's movement. It's something else entirely. The masculists I've run into online don't identify with the men's movement.

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 07, 2014, 06:02:14 PM
Yeah I should add that for context. I was also in an all-male unit, and a fairly high speed one so the general caliber of individual was much, much higher than your standard line infantry unit. I heard horror stories you wouldn't believe (but never about rape, mind you.)

If you don't mind, may I ask what your opinion on the incident that happened not-too long ago surrounding a female marine who sued because she couldn't do the required numbers of pull-ups?

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 07, 2014, 06:27:02 PM
*Watched rating increases*
I'm already 5 wanted stars.

RD I will join your crusade against the neckbeards

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 07, 2014, 06:28:16 PM
I'm ranting about American liberals. I know the term takes on quite a few different meanings around the world. American liberals used to be the good guys. :-\ Now they're the fascists.
Spoken like a straight white guy who will never face the shitty deal given to gays, women and black people by conservatives for the last century :-* Sorry, no dice.

Rong

Rong

That's a tiny bit ignorant saying that RD couldn't possibly empathise with said groups he is a human.

Cvalda

Cvalda

mfw histrionic repubs who've never faced any actual oppression in their life start flinging around terms like "fascist"

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2014/01/25/progressive_kristallnacht_tom_kleiner_is_nuts.html

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Oh boy Doom. :laugh:

Well, the obvious things to say are that no one should be allowed to have a job that they do not physically meet the requirements for, man, woman, both, neither, etc. If you look at it logically, it has nothing to do with gender, outside of the fact that male and female bodies are different. All women aren't Vasquez, and don't want to be, but the ones that do should have that opportunity if they can meet the requirements.

If there is a minimum standard for being able to perform a difficult job, it should have to be met regardless. I mean everyone knows lives are literally on the line. But if standards can be modified to accommodate female averages, without endangering fellow soldiers or the overall mission, then of course it's worth the military taking a look at it.

I think the Marines delayed their pull-up requirement because 55% of women couldn't pass it. This is a hilarious reality that a lot of the 'military gender equality' folks will soon realize the hard way. Men and women are physically different. Big surprise we all learned in the first grade.

It's kind of like the hilarious reality the pro-choice people will learn, once we become China and start running over children without giving two shits. ;)

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 07, 2014, 06:34:13 PM
Spoken like a straight white guy who will never face the shitty deal given to gays, women and black people by conservatives for the last century :-* Sorry, no dice.

HAHAHA please, please, I beg you Cvalda, bring up 'white privilege.' Please. I need both a good laugh and to refresh my foundation of sanity today.

And I think you forgot to mention 'by Democrats' as well. Or do you prefer to only remember half of history?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed