In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,856 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Mar 16, 2020, 10:08:13 AM"I'm young so I'll be fine so why are people worrying" is a selfish and myopic stance that really needs to stop.

That's not what I said though. I'm concerned for anyone who might be at risk, but there's a big difference between being concerned and going out and hoarding thirty packs of loo roll for a disease that has no effect on your digestive tract.

I also find it kinda hard to take the whole thing seriously when you have governments saying you can't go out to bars or restaurants or music concerts in case you spread it, but you can go to work and sit in an enclosed space with your colleagues all day, or go out and gather in crowds to vote in elections.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 16, 2020, 07:56:44 PM
That's not what I said though. I'm concerned for anyone who might be at risk, but there's a big difference between being concerned and going out and hoarding thirty packs of loo roll for a disease that has no effect on your digestive tract.
Ugh, zero argument there. That shit is moronic.

SM

SM

When there's little information from authorities, something comes in to fill the void.  And people can be dumb.

As various threads round here attest to.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Do the Thriceborn get to stay home from school?

SM

SM

Not yet.  But there's rumours going round they could announce school closures soon.  It's a week and a half till the school holidays, so if they close the schools a week early, it'll mean a 3 week break.  The Firstborn has had uni pushed back yet another week and is doing everything online.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Schools, bars, and restaurants are closed here. Not to mention all gatherings of 50 people or more are banned. Also they laid off everyone except 5 people when I got to the office this morning. Im glad Im not laid off but its been a difficult day, had some minor panic attacks on my drive home today.

We just found out my ma's cancer has returned as well. :'(

I saw an appropriate meme that said " So I guess 2020 is being written by Stephen King".

Huggs

Huggs

I remember my father saying how glad he was to have 2019 behind us, and how 2020 was going to be a much better year.

I expressed skepticism. Sometimes it sucks to be right.

Sorry to hear the bad news about your mom. Hang in there. Every fight can be won.

SM

SM

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 16, 2020, 11:57:10 PM
Schools, bars, and restaurants are closed here. Not to mention all gatherings of 50 people or more are banned. Also they laid off everyone except 5 people when I got to the office this morning. Im glad Im not laid off but its been a difficult day, had some minor panic attacks on my drive home today.

We just found out my ma's cancer has returned as well. :'(

I saw an appropriate meme that said " So I guess 2020 is being written by Stephen King".

Sorry to hear about your mum.

razeak

razeak

Sorry to hear of the cancer.

My dad is 80 and went in for blood work due to an abnormal pancreas.

SiL

SiL

f**king cancer.

My grandfather got hospitalised last week with one functioning heart valve. They may or may not be able to do something about the other three. He's 88 and had cancer so there's a good chance they'll decide he's not with the cost of the operation - assuming he could even survive an operation.

Parents are on a cruise that got cancelled halfway through and are going to arrive on the other end of the country. No idea where they'll be self -isolating. Luckily the "no cruise ships" policy is being waived for them - their ship has been tested three times and returned negative results all three times.

My highest paying client refuses to authorise work from home yet.

Shit's fuuucked.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Some utility companies are going to suspend shutoffs in my area, Is this the same for you? And I hope your granddad gets the help he needs.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Thanks for the kind words everyone! :-\

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Mar 17, 2020, 09:52:34 AM
Some utility companies are going to suspend shutoffs in my area, Is this the same for you? And I hope your granddad gets the help he needs.
Thank you. Luckily their utilities are yearly and quarterly, so they're good for now -- but we're actively keeping an eye on them so nothing happens.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Sorry to hear about your mum 426. She'll kick its ass again im sure

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Ugh. Sorry to hear that 426. Best wishes and a speedy recovery to you and yours.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed