News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 568,443 times)

Gazz

Quote from: DorkiDori on Nov 28, 2016, 08:25:37 PM
I went to see Doctor Strange over the weekend and it was filled with trailers for stuff due out next Summer...

That's because you don't often see an R-rated sci-fi monster movie paired with a family-friendly superhero movie.

DorkiDori

i wasnt implying that there shouldve been a trailer for Covenant infront of Dr Strange. what i as implying was simply, the trailers that preceded Strange were all for Spring and Summer of 2017... Covenant has been bumped up by 3 months, theres NO reason at least a TEASER shouldnt have been let loose upon the world by now! :(

BonesawT101

Haha  :laugh: I'm growing impatient myself. However I think we can all relax. Before the end of the year I'm willing to bet we'll have a teaser. That's just a hunch I have. There is no way they'll wait any longer than that.

DorkiDori

I was REALLY hoping they were gonna drop it on Thanksgiving... *sigh*

whiterabbit

Dudes, it's either December 1st or December 31st.... no, you don't think Riddles will drop in on Christmas Day? Do you guys? Yea Santa Ridley is coming to town on Christmas Day.

Gazz

Quote from: DorkiDori on Nov 28, 2016, 09:54:50 PM
i wasnt implying that there shouldve been a trailer for Covenant infront of Dr Strange. what i as implying was simply, the trailers that preceded Strange were all for Spring and Summer of 2017... Covenant has been bumped up by 3 months, theres NO reason at least a TEASER shouldnt have been let loose upon the world by now! :(

Sure there's good reason. Successful marketing campaigns don't happen by accident. They often take strict planning. Fox will likely release the Alien Covenant teaser in time to attach it to their other sci-fi Michael Fassbender vehicle Assassin's Creed. It maximises the exposure for Covenant whilst also making sales for Creed.

DorkiDori

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 28, 2016, 10:32:43 PMYea Santa Ridley is coming to town on Christmas Day.

epic quote is epic!

Novak 1334

Quote from: DorkiDori on Nov 28, 2016, 11:28:20 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 28, 2016, 10:32:43 PMYea Santa Ridley is coming to town on Christmas Day.

epic quote is epic!

Quote does not contain a lapdance

DorkiDori

why the hell would it contain a lap dance from Santa Ridley?! O.O

Novak 1334

Quote from: DorkiDori on Nov 28, 2016, 11:56:43 PM
why the hell would it contain a lap dance from Santa Ridley?! O.O

I thought you were referencing cinemasins...

Pvt. Himmel

Where's Hicks??? Usually when he disappears he comes back with some new stuffs!! 8)

Richman678

Well I'm happy they moved up the release date, but those marketing guys need to get a trailer out and start building up the hype!!!!

May is 6 months away (plus 19 days) from a marketing perspective Times up! My guess is the trailer drops with Rogue One. Probably getting it converted for 3D too.

DorkiDori

Well if it drops with Rogue One, Ill get to see it opening night! ;) Already got my ticket!!!

I think the theater is gonna need a new seat if that happens because there will be some questionable stains left behind after I get up and exit the theater... just sayin!

BishopShouldGo

No matter for what movie, or how long it has until release, there are people who will think something's wrong because the marketing hasn't started.

Don't worry. The marketing team knows what it's doing. And Alien: Covenant, like Prometheus, was shot in 3D.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

They promoted and marketed Prometheus for 6 months and  a bit. So if they have their first videos in january, man I can wait.
Waiting for Prometheus was excruciating!!! unless the twist is that they do another biblical theme rather than gods and men type of thing then they better get to it!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed