Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 738,813 times)

Randomizer

Randomizer

For those who read it, would you advise me into starting with Broken Circle (and supposedly, the H2A terminals) before going with Shadow of Intent?

Randomizer

Randomizer

Anyone found these fellas before? They are really cute.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://news.xbox.com/2015/12/17/xbox-one-backward-compatibility-december/

QuoteWhat's more, hot off the heels of the Halo 5: Guardians launch and the Halo World Championship kickoff on Dec. 6, Halo fans can dive even deeper into the Halo universe as Halo: Reach is among the titles added to the catalog this month. The game showcases the power of Xbox One Backward Compatibility, bringing exciting storylines and gameplay from fan favorites onto one console. Today, Halo: Reach will join Halo 5: Guardians, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Halo: Spartan Assault on Xbox One.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Still have my copy getting dusty on the shelf.   :P I'm wondering whether we can resume with our current ranks, or have to start over again.

Today I also finished Primordium. Best parts were beginning + end, the rest was just shitty filler. The only addition I liked was Gamelpar, which is now my favorite character out of all the Halo canon there is. Sorry, Arbiter.

Similar to what happened after The Thursday War, I'm having a burn-out of everything with "Halo" on it, damn.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Was just ordering the new Stargate e-novella and I remembered the last Halo one. Got it downloaded now. Anyone read it yet?

Randomizer

Randomizer

More Fall of Reach stuff. Seriously, why not make a movie?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-annual-achievements

QuoteIn case you haven't seen the news already, our friends at Dark Horse Comics have a couple of snazzy new collected editions of previously released Halo comics that should be of interest to both devoted collectors as well as fans who maybe missed out on these stories the first time. First up is the complete Halo: Fall of Reach collected hardcover edition, featuring a gorgeous new cover (shown here) by fan-favorite Isaac Hannaford. This edition collects for the first time all three acts of the Fall of Reach graphic novel collection: "Bootcamp," "Covenant," and "Invasion." This new collected edition is currently slated to release on March 16, 2016 (gah, it's already 2016!), and you can preorder yours by clicking the link above. You can also gussy up your smartphone screen by clicking the cover image seen here.

Also coming up is the Halo: Escalation Library Edition Volume 1, which not only collects issues #1-12 of Halo: Escalation, but also issues #1-3 of Halo: Initiation, along with some cool extras all in a slick new hardcover package. This edition is slated to release on May 11, 2016, and can be pre-ordered right here. Check them both out and add some extra charm to your Halo shelf!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Randomizer on Jan 10, 2016, 07:07:38 PM

They kind of did!  :P

In all seriousness though, it is about time they pulled the stops out and did a feature length with Blur or something.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 11, 2016, 12:35:11 PM
Quote from: Randomizer on Jan 10, 2016, 07:07:38 PM

They kind of did!  :P

In all seriousness though, it is about time they pulled the stops out and did a feature length with Blur or something.

I'm not craving for Blur (although I'd be happy to have them on this), but a movie covering the whole book would've been nice. Heck, I don't have anything with the animated series we've got (was pretty nice, in fact), but it's only 1/3 of the actual book. 343, how could you screw that up? It's The Fall of Reach, not The Fall of Sam !

I got more enjoyment out of the comics. Seriously.

Randomizer

Randomizer

New Cannon Fodder !

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-armory-amore

Highlights:
- Riptide and Urban (multiplayer maps)
- Achilles armor
- Orion-class Assault Carrier & RCS-class Armored Cruiser
- background on Mjolnir armor (probably a tease for Halo 6  :-X)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Urgh. I really want to get that tabletop game.

Hubbs

Hubbs

I recently completed Halo 5 on the Xbone, not bad, kinda feels a bit repetitive now, nothing new, same old. I didn't like how the AI characters were basically invincible and just respawned, and no friendly fire either.

Randomizer

Randomizer

On the contrary, the gameplay looks fun, while the story was a bit...lacking. If 343 can at least expand on the current storyline for Halo 6, the whole

Spoiler
Cortana is evil plot won't seem so cheesy.
[close]

Seeing as the only big release for now is Halo Wars 2, I'll be one heck of a disappointed lore fan.

Randomizer

Randomizer

New Canon Fodder !

Today is the day I found out I've been misreading "Canon Fodder" as "Cannon Fodder" all along. F**k me, I need better glasses.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-judges-jurys

Highlights:
- Arbiter may be featured in Killer Instinct as a new character

Spoiler
- Cortana's Halo 5 render
[close]

Randomizer

Randomizer

New Canon Fodder (this one's pretty weak IMO) !

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-needle-me-this

Highlights:

- Race Warthogs
- UNSC Falcons
- toys

Randomizer

Randomizer

New Canon Fodder !

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-storm-surge

Highlights:

- Auriga Station (yes, that Auriga :laugh:)
- Decimator & Marauder armor
- Gravity Hammer
- Naomi-010's current status

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed